The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Protea Changes!

[DE]Megan

Why didn't the people on the public (or private) test server provide the necessary feedback on Protea before it was made available in game?

Good DE is once again fast patching issues with content but just confused on how/why the test server failed in this case...

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I don't get the Blaze artillery complaints.

The turret already does a lot of damage in the short amount of time It's out.

Besides a debuffs enemies and CCs them.

People don't want to sit there and spam it every 6 seconds.

il y a 1 minute, JackHargreav a dit :

You don't spam it. At max put down 3 if there are too many enemies and shoot the enemies.

and then, 3 turrets again, and then, 3 again, and then, 3 again, and...

Everybody wished and wishes for a long duration turret, but DE doesn't want to satisfy the lazy, afk, and cheeser players. "Warframe must be dynamic", and I hate it. People will go back to Wukong, press 1, and afk all the same. It's sad.

But maybe, in a year, we will get a Augment making the turret a single deployable with a long duration. One can dream.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

and then, 3 turrets again, and then, 3 again, and then, 3 again, and...

Everybody wished and wishes for a long duration turret, but DE doesn't want to satisfy the lazy, afk, and cheeser players. "Warframe must be dynamic", and I hate it. People will go back to Wukong, press 1, and afk all the same. It's sad.

But maybe, in a year, we will get a Augment making the turret a single deployable with a long duration. One can dream.

So you rather sit in the corner than playing the game.

Btw you can afk if you want so much. Just go into a room and spam her 1st ability.

I prefer to actually use my warframes to their max. With their mobility and abilities.

Just now, JackHargreav said:

Btw you can afk if you want so much. Just go into a room and spam her 1st ability.

I prefer to actually use my warframes to their max. With their mobility and abilities.

AFK and spam ????

il y a 1 minute, JackHargreav a dit :

If you want to play Protea to her MAX; i promise you, you don't have the time to move a pixel, doesn't mean you are afk. I'd rather be able to use Protea to her MAX, while actually playing the game, running around, doing anything but not pressing 1&2 in a permanent chain.

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

That's exactly what it would be.

Mesa does the same thing. She sits in one place and auto targets enemies for a long time.

Bro you can low key take Vauban max duration and place your balls down and afk...

à l’instant, JackHargreav a dit :

Create a macro for it. There you go.

If you really want to afk you can afk.

You will probably get reported for it but hey, if that's what you want to do...

Or you can play Wukong. No macro needed.

Just now, dwqrf said:

If you want to play Protea to her MAX; i promise you, you don't have the time to move a pixel, doesn't mean you are afk. I'd rather be able to use Protea to her MAX, while actually playing the game, running around, doing anything but not pressing 1&2 in a permanent chain.

Ok. That's fair. High levels she does need spam her 1st quite a lot.

Tho that could be solwed by just giving her better shield buff.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

Ok. That's fair. High levels she does need spam her 1st quite a lot.

Tho that could be solwed by just giving her better shield buff.

Yeaaa... No. What we want is to make her a Vauban 2.0 not Mesa 2.0 ...

1 minute ago, NobuNoo said:

Bro you can low key take Vauban max duration and place your balls down and afk...

But that doesn't achive much.

And try to do that in open areas.

Also he's not a dps meta frame and doesn't have much to defend himself. So it makes sense that he can Cc really good.

Also he's not a dps meta frame and doesn't have much to defend himself. So it makes sense that he can Cc really good.

Vauban has actually some broken dps with his nail grenade...

Vauban is not a meta Damage Dealer you say. With two abilitys who scaile with enemy LVL

• Like 1

Just now, JackHargreav said:

I'm not talking about a Dr ability. I'm talking about buffing the shield rechage rate rather.

Yea I was just comparing her to Vauban cuz it would be more accurate then comparing her to Mesa 

21 minutes ago, Strategus said:

Vauban is not a meta Damage Dealer you say. With two abilitys who scaile with enemy LVL

He's definitelly not meta.

Not many ppl use him since he lacks any tanking ability. And he still needs to use more than 1 power to do anything. Otherwise he just dies.

4 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

He's definitelly not meta.

Not many ppl use him since he lacks any tanking ability. And he still needs to use more than 1 power to do anything. Otherwise he just dies.

You must have seen some bad Vauban players then lol

On 2020-06-18 at 9:51 PM, [DE]Megan said:

As we pass our 7 day mark since the launch of The Deadlock Protocol on PC, our hands are busy at work making changes based on great player feedback! We hope to provide Protea with both visual improvements as well as touching on some Ability mechanic improvements. We’re aiming to slip this in before Console Cert as well so our Console Tenno can enjoy an improved version of Protea!

Grenade Fan

• Increased Duration of both grenades by 3 seconds.
  • Increased Range of both grenades at max rank from 4 to 5 meters.
    • For Shield Satellite, this applies to the grenade pickup Range.
  • Increased Shield Satellite grenade count from 3 to 4 to accommodate max Squad sizes.
  • Increased visibility FX on available Shield Satellite grenades to aid in differentiating between the two grenades.
  • Doubled the Damage of the Shrapnel Vortex grenade.
  • Fixed Protea's Grenade Fan/ Shield Satellites appearing giant while using Archwing.

Our goal here is to improve efficacy, usability, and logic of Grenade Fan! 

Blaze Artillery

• Increased Duration of Blaze Artillery by 1 second, and doubled the Damage multiplier to compete against higher level enemies. Duration will now show in Arsenal stats instead of the maximum number of shots.
  • Protea’s Blaze Artillery will now shoot through Volt’s Shield, but won't benefit from its buffs.
  • Fixed Protea’s Blaze Artillery not targeting ragdolled enemies. 

Our goal here is to keep the spirit of the rapid fire Artillery alive, with just a bit more punch. We will monitor for feedback after this change as well. 

Dispensary

• Protea’s Dispensary location is now displayed on the minimap in the form of the Ability icon.
    • Similar to Wisp’s Reservoirs! 

Temporal Anchor

• Protea is now invulnerable for the first 3 seconds of Temporal Anchor (i.e on cast, to prevent casting animation deaths).

This invulnerability window is an important add based on all the ways players have used Temporal Anchor thus far - that key survivability reaction should include invulnerability. 

We look forward to your feedback on these changes after they are live! 

Just make Temporal Anchor a Toggle ability, i (And i think also other players) would love that! ❤️

Edited by Ztype32
  • Like 2