Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 2 – Oct 15, 2013

[DE]Grineeer

Trading: Huh, didn't think you guys would actually go through with this. Assuming you can trade Prime parts, this is going to DRASTICALLY reduce the Void grind necessary for Primes. Hope this doesn't impact your revenue stream too much :P

New Sabotage: Wouldn't Bombs make more sense than Fuel Rods?

Pull: I don't know what to suggest here: nerfing the range is an awful awful idea, but if you nerf the damage too heavily (which you would really need to if the range stays the same), then the V slot on the Mag Prime ends up pretty pointless.

Maybe you should have given her a different polarity, eh?

• Spawning will become more intense over the course of the mission. Reaching its height when the reactor blows up.

Over the idea on sabotage it sounds cool and all but I think there needs to either be an explanation or at a certain point in time while time to escape is nearing its end, or a few rooms before the exit the spawns decrease. It wouldn't make sense if the entire army chased you right up to your exit point and die in the ship. I heard of captains sinking with the ship, but not an entire army that could be useful elsewhere... alive...

Edited by Arlayn

No mention of balancing around M. Prime and Nova is a disappointment.  Fix overpowered ulti's that trivialize content (even at high levels) if you want to promote longevity of interest.  

Trading sounds lovely but won't this hit your bottom line as far as the need to purchase platinum by players?  I dont believe anyone was demanding Trading.  And even those who thought it would be nice understood that DE needs to make money to keep developing the game worthwhile.  I guess we'll see what happens.

Please let the carrying be on our backs and not our hands. I thought you wanted to get rid of the whole "I can only use my sidearm type missions"?

Also, for the love of god, please do not add a enemy limit to pull. I would rather you change it back to the previous version. It should either be an awesome AOE nuke with unreliable CC or a skill with reliable CC and no damage. It should not try to a gimp version of either.

Edited by BIossome

Sounds good.

About the mission types; how many rods can one player carry? Maybe give stacking speed and health debuffs for carrying more rods? Im REALLY happy that you want to make dynamic maps / missions now since up to now the only real difference between maps has been one or two tiles, a few datamass, and that one bald guy.

As far as frames I think Ember doesn't really have 3 of the same abilities, just weird stats and abilities that aren't really all that "special" aside from the 4. If you fix the 1 you would have to fix a lot of frames 1's (frost,volt,ash,etc) since they do little for the mod card space they take. (*cough*https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/96797-chargeable-rapid-fire-abilities/ ) The 2 and 4 are neat "super modes" and just need to work a little different, but the 3 has weird utility. Its more like a Vauban ability than anything.

Great news and great content ideas. Im all for a more challenging immersive mission type like that.

Beserker frame...... I WANT IT! nuff said

Good to see your getting round to addressing some frame issues. Obviously there are others as well that people are complaining about, but hey ya can't do it all at once.

Trading: have been waiting for this. Love the idea. Just one question, I was under the impression you could only invite/host the dojo to a non-clan member if they themselves were not in a current clan. Could be wrong.

Anyway. Looking fwd to this and keep it up steve ya doing a great job.

Trading:

I think if the trading is possible, players should have a minimum of mastery to do it.

New Warframe:

what if this Warframe not use energy and is motivated rather by the Fury, so their powers depended on it while hurt or kill enemies, to use his powers should fill a "meter" of anger.

Mission Types:

The more variables are the missions these will be better , that will not become so repetitive.

Warframe reviews:

-No nerf to Nova but yes to Mag? Nerf to Nova!

-Buff to Nekros, he need shadows more stronger..and if at all possible could be a change in their shadows by other different models because with the lag is very confusing to know who you're shooting.

You should charge a transaction fee of 5 platinum per trade. Just to make sure people really want to. =)

I'm looking forward to what you come up with for warframe balancing. Not really looking forward to carrying stuff in a revamped mission type, but maybe you'll find a way to mitigate that.

Glad to hear some news . Thanks Scott! Just a thing : even though now pull is OP, it's still Mag's main source of damage(ability-wise), so maybe you wanna take a look at Crush too, and maybe giving it armor ignore, or make it Viable at higher levels.

Nerf Pull = A useless mag all over again. Pull is just fine as is. 

P.s. Option: Nerf Pull but Buff up Crush! I just did the Prime version of Mag cause i knew she was buffed now that she is a 

pretty cool Frame again u guys want to nerf her!?

Explain that to me cause i don't get it. 

Edited by Bazools

Warframes

Mag

• Mag's Pull did got a pretty extreme buff. I kind of think it just need more cost for being what it is. I heard of some feedback threads about skill charge mechanics. This seems like a skill that could benefit from that.

• Crush does need a look at. Would imagine people would find it useful if it does something else instead of straight damage. People seem to be enjoying Ults that have multiple applications.

• Mag's Pull is still pretty weak at later levels only working as a CC. (In before corrupted mods...)

• There is another Warframe that is a one trick pony. ~Coughs~ Nova.

Ember

• Currently 1 < 3 and 2 < 4. Or 2 > 4 because the damage reduction.

• Combine 2 + 4. People do this already running around with Overheat and World on Fire. Just like how you fused a few of Rhino's abilities.

• Fireball could use a much wider radius. Maybe if an enemy is shot with the impact to stop in his tracks for a while. CC addition?

• Fireblast seems to be rarely used anymore. Probably because it's damaging zone is only on the ring. Most enemies just run through lately. Reduce cost or add another effect?

Trading

• Just because I didn't say it during the last thread. I do hope you restrict mod trading to un-ranked mods. Trading maxed out mods may have some issues down the line.

Sabotage

• People hate being restricted to one weapon carrying things. I see some people already gave their opinions on it.

• I am looking forward to trying this mission type.

Edited by BBYiffo

I think new sabotage mission sounds cool since it has multiple aspects combined into one. However, I think DE should eliminate the carrying penalty (actually, considering that many pistols' performance exceed that of main weapons this is partially untrue but players love choices). Strap the fuel rod on the frame's back would be nice, adding more tactical gameplay into it.

However, I believe that all mission types should have variations in order to keep it relatively fresh every time we play it. One problem with mission type is the fact that it feels the same every time we play it. I think that DE should keep the old sabotage and add the new one into general play. Every time player choose to play sabotage, there is a chance that one of these two subtypes will be chosen. Improving old sabotage with more intense reactor defense from the AI would give a better gameplay.

- new sabotage centered around movement.

- old sabotage centered around breaching AI's defense.

hi Scott, i'm not sure what will you do with the Pull,but here is one suggestion, let me pull downed teammates to my feet again ,pretty please, that utility to save downed people from far away was different and gave Mag the unique skill no other frame has

thanks

Finally, some real information instead of vague statements and promises.

Trading

Could we get more details about what can be traded and whether there are any additional restrictions? For example, would I be able to sell or buy a mod from a friend using credits, or must I trade back a mod? Must the two traded items be of similar value (a restriction implemented in Runescape trading. Yes I actually played that game.), can be of vastly different value (i.e. unranked point strike for a multishot), or no restriction (I can give away mods for free to friends)?

Also I find the decision of requiring a clan room to trade strange, even if it does seem to make sense. Sure, due to the invite system neither you nor your trade partner needs to be in a clan long as you have someone WITH a clan as a medium to invite you two into his/her dojo, which gives a lot more freedom and isn't really forcing people into clans, but in such a case why not just allow players to freely trade from the lobby screen via friends/clan list or something? Not saying I don't agree with the idea, I do find a "Trading Post" inside dojos as a cool feature (please do not overprice it -_-), just found the decision a little strange.

New Warframe

My slots tell me I shouldn't even dream of getting any new Warframes, so I won't. However, I am curious as to where we would acquire the parts for this new Warframe. From what I can tell, you guys are changing Jupiter into the Corpus Gas Planet, so I assume Alad V will drop the Volt BPs (I'm surprised Alad isn't an end-game boss due to lore reasons, though maybe you guys will change the planet levels or something. But then that messes with the whole "levels increase as you leave the sun" thing you guys wanted going on when you changed/upped all the planet levels in a previous update). So will you be introducing yet another planet + boss when you release her? Or do you have other plans? I honestly hope it won't be something similar to Alert-based like you did with Vauban.

Mission Types

Sabotage is one of my least favourite gamemodes next to Defenses (I solo primarily, so Defense is way absurd for casual play), due to the possibility of the ship self destructing, forcing me to rush. It seems you guys decided to make the gamemode even more of a chore, with shield-zapping fuel rods and guaranteed self destruct on the ship. However, admittedly Sabotage was the one gamemode that I could not come up with an improvement proposal to, so I'll see how it's actually implemented. I do very much like the concept of adding hazards to the map after destroying the reactor though.

Either way, glad to see some news on development. I'd rather have more information on Armor 2.0 though. Something as fundamentally game-changing as a complete re-make to the armor and elemental system of the game should be released to the entire playerbase, not restricted to the Design Council (yes I know you guys have a draft and showed it in DC, it looks...promising, i guess)

Edited by Madotsuki

I Know this isn't the best place to suggest such a thing, But I've been known to give ideas about GameSages, Events, Changes to improve game, (mostly to DE Steve before I deployed)

Anyways! I'd love to see a Infested warframe, One that has a backstory of being awoken with infested cells that fuzed his powers. Power 1 being Healing Aura like the infested healing ancient gives a few bursts of healing within a distance, Skill 2 Like the meelee Ancient give it an attack Booster Or like extend one of the arms and make it punch through everything infront of it. Skill 3 Open for ideas or something similar to the kamikaze infested make the warframe expend its current shields and do 3x shield damage in an explosion radious (thus giving it intense damage potential at a risky price). and make its final skill 4 its back story of pre infested it was a laser tenno make its enormous Left arm thats currently infested flip up or out of its chest do a super Blaster thats has a 2 second channel but INTENSE damage output.

hi Scott, i'm not sure what will you do with the Pull,but here is one suggestion, let me pull downed teammates to my feet again ,pretty please, that utility to save downed people from far away was different and gave Mag the unique skill no other frame has

thanks

Being able to pull your quickly dying teammates out of a cloud of poison, from where they got mobbed by 5 toxics, so you can rez them is nice after all.

The new iteration of Sabotage looks intriguing, but I'm hesitant and uncertain about the introduction of even more "carry the object" gametypes. I hate Spy and Deception the most out of existing gametype right now, simply because one person gets reamed into using their secondary weapon almost the whole time. Sure, secondaries are powerful, but variety is the spice of life. Please try to implement the gametype in a way that carrying the fuel rods isn't a chore, and instead makes for an interesting experience.

The fact that the map will start to explode when the reactor is ruined is great; self-destruction makes for an excellent source of immersion. However, this also raises the issue of the need for more in-depth graphics settings. I myself am fine, but a number of my friends get some nasty framerate drops in the presence of environmental hazards and Infested ambience. Unless you've got some brilliant performance optimizations hidden up your sleeve, adding in a "Particle Detail" setting or something similar would help out your players a LOT. That, and separate Depth of Field/ Motion Blur, and add in a separate setting for distortion effects. Love the heat blur on the Jet Sentinel Wings. Hate Depth of Field.

Lastly, please please please please PLEASE give us some information on Armor/Damage 2.0. I think that's arguably what this game needs most of all right now.

That trading system sounds like a great idea! Digital Extremes, you always find ways to surprise me. I love playing betas more than full release games because there's the love of the game, and then the love of the progress of the quality of the game. 95/100 on both levels. Thanks!