Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to build around this Miter Riven?

Nira

Question

Howdy all! I don't bother with Rivens much but I couldn't resist rerolling for one of my all-time fav weapons. The result was er, quite nice...! 😵 Curiously, in practice the "recoil increase" is non-existent!

cVmfOdP.jpg

I've maxed the Riven and been trying it with an array of mod combinations but I can't settle on which would be the most effective! The setup below is what I've got at the moment, any suggestions or improvements? Is Vigilante Aramaments a must-have or should I swap it out for Point Strike (crit chance is upped to 47%)? I found fire rate a must as the default charge speed feels pretty sluggish. It feels weird building the Miter for crits but I love it, haha!

WUDKj9I.jpg

Edited by Dualice

8 answers to this question

i'm going to run on the assumption that you're using Miter for the Charge Attack rather than Magdumping.
in which case, Critting more consistently would be desirable since you aren't shooting a wall of Crit rolls, yes. Vigilante Armaments being the weak link for that.

a Slash Mod would also be desirable, but i don't know where you'd put it really. in place of Serration i guess is the weakest link...
(Edit: either that or going full Crits & Damage and relying on Hunter Munitions to get the Slash instead)

Crits has been the go to way to use Miter ever since they added Crit Stats to it, so it's not as strange as it might seem, you just accidentally tripped into doing exactly that, hehe.

Edited by taiiat

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

i'm going to run on the assumption that you're using Miter for the Charge Attack rather than Magdumping.
in which case, Critting more consistently would be desirable since you aren't shooting a wall of Crit rolls, yes. Vigilante Armaments being the weak link for that.

a Slash Mod would also be desirable, but i don't know where you'd put it really. in place of Serration i guess is the weakest link...
(Edit: either that or going full Crits & Damage and relying on Hunter Munitions to get the Slash instead)

Crits has been the go to way to use Miter ever since they added Crit Stats to it, so it's not as strange as it might seem, you just accidentally tripped into doing exactly that, hehe.

Thanks for your response! ^_^ Yeah I've been going mainly charged shots, I guess for the punch-through and higher per-shot damage. Is a quick-shot mag-dump tactic just as viable? It is pretty damn fun spamming the trigger with all that multishot hehe!

I considered Hunter Munitions after hearing a lot of praise on YouTube content. For some reason I thought it was going to be really expensive on trade chat but looks like they're going for around 10 :platinum:. Guess it's worth picking up even if it doesn't end up on the Miter!

Last time I played the Miter didn't have crit stats 😄 I've recently come back after a few years' break.

I'd try swapping speed trigger for point strike....  Or I take it you dont have Prime Shred?  Prime Shred would definately beat out speed trigger. if you still want a quick charge up.

I would also think about swapping out vital sense for point strike or critical delay.   It doesnt matter how hard your crits hit if they never happen...  I'd rather crit way more often for less than crit alot less often really hard....  

ALSO.. your riven has way more multi than even splitchamber..   How much would it drop your total damage if you rip out vigilante armaments??  What happens if you put in another 60/60 mod there??  You could also do point strike, crit delay, HAMMERSHOT...  But I think another 60/60 would be huge.  

3 hours ago, Dualice said:

Is a quick-shot mag-dump tactic just as viable? It is pretty damn fun spamming the trigger with all that multishot hehe!

I considered Hunter Munitions after hearing a lot of praise on YouTube content. For some reason I thought it was going to be really expensive on trade chat but looks like they're going for around 10 :platinum:. Guess it's worth picking up even if it doesn't end up on the Miter!

Last time I played the Miter didn't have crit stats

uses a lot of Ammo, but if you were Magdumping then every Shot Critting isn't as important, since there's many coming after it. the more often you shoot the more okay it is to have inconsistent Crits, Et Cetera.

the Mod is definitely overhyped in general, but it has use here if you wanted to still get Slash Status fairly reliably without having to have numerous Status Mods and a Slash Mod, Et Cetera. it's an option to use less Mod Slots to technically do the same thing. has some tradeoffs so it's a decision to make.

i was alluding to that you tripped into doing Crits with Miter because you got a Riven with Crits, which is a requirement to get results that will feel good (i.e. atleast somewhat consistent).

39 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

How much would it drop your total damage if you rip out vigilante armaments??

not much, really.
3.83 Projectiles to 3.23. but even if it was 4 Projectiles on the nose, there's more important stuff mathematically.

even Serration is just 51% extra Damage on top of the Riven, hence mentioning it's also sortof a weak link.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

What happens if you put in another 60/60 mod there??  You could also do point strike, crit delay, HAMMERSHOT...  But I think another 60/60 would be huge.  

if you're aiming to get more Slash Status applied, he's going to have to use a Slash Mod, otherwise we're just trading Slash for other stuff.
only a 40% probability for Slash atm, so mostly stacking Viral on each Shot rather than applying Slash and getting a Viral eventually.
Hammershot would help and i'll take that as an alternative, wouldn't get anywhere as much extra Slash Status but you'd get some more and increase per Shot Damage, that's a worthwhile suggestion.

6 hours ago, Dualice said:

Curiously, in practice the "recoil increase" is non-existent!

This is because the Miter has absolutely no recoil.  I have a Riven that has this same trait and it's hilarious that the "downside" of the Riven is entirely negated by the innate qualities of the only weapon it works on. 🙂

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd say VA and Serration are your two weakest links (as much as I love the random bonus crits).

Aside from more consistent crits with Point Strike, whenever I have base damage on a riven, especially for a weapon that procs slash, I swap out Serration for primed faction mods. I'll totally understand if that's not your thing, but it really is one of the best ways to boost slash proc damage (by 110%)

Hammershot is also an awesome mod now.

Also, in general, for turning weapons that aren't supposed to be crit weapons into crit weapons, I'd highly recommend Arcane Avenger for a flat additive 45% crit.

Edited by rapt0rman
  • Like 1

Thanks for your responses, everyone!

@taiiat Good point about the slash procs, I've replaced Vigilante Armaments with Buzz Kill Fanged Fusillade and it's yielding pretty satisfying results.

I also tried replacing Speed Trigger so both Point Strike and Vital Sense are on there. I've switched to a more "quick shot spam" style of play, feels good but even on semi-auto the refire time feels kinda slow. I'll try changing Serration for Speed Trigger maybe?

Lastly, regarding further crit chance boosts, Nidus is my primary frame for pretty much everything and I've just discovered Teeming Virulence... gonna try to build involving this, should be pretty savage right?!

Edited by Dualice
mod name

8 hours ago, Dualice said:

even on semi-auto the refire time feels kinda slow. I'll try changing Serration for Speed Trigger maybe?

Lastly, regarding further crit chance boosts, Nidus is my primary frame for pretty much everything and I've just discovered Teeming Virulence... gonna try to build involving this, should be pretty savage right?!

whatever you think will make non charged Shots appealing to you, if anything at all will.

should be able to get similar or slightly stronger extra Crit Chance than your Riven has from Teeming Virulence, so it's something worth considering, yes.
(should be able to hit around the 70% area, which would be pretty good all things considered)