Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kicked off when I was clan leader

(PSN)Anneurys2

Question

I was the leader of my clan. I went inactive for a couple of weeks or days and for some reason when I returned I wasn’t in my clan. I want to know how I can find out the name of my clan when I used to be in it because I had built everything by myself and I had also spent a good amount of platinum rushing the rooms. I remember the clan name had lotus in the name probably lotus saviors or the guardians of lotus or something like that, but I want to know how I can check my account history to see in which clans I used to be. I would also want to know how I can contact the warframe people to see how they can help me get my clan back, if someone could give me their email that would be great.

7 hours ago, DogManDan said:

Seems pretty unjust. If it is my clan that I started and have rules set for members they all understand by joining the clan what the rules are. At the end of the day it is my clan, it is my clan logo that I paid to uploaded and should always remain as my clan regardless of my activity. Members can leave and join another clan if they so chose this is not something that DE should be policing or allowing to happen without there being some proof of members reaching out and having document that says you are relinquishing rights to your clan.

Guess I am going to log back in and remove all my clan members now since after the recent debacle with DE I refuse to allow this to happen in my clan.

It's really not though. I was a member in a clan like this when I started. Most of the clan was mia, the Warlord was also MIA. I had no rank in the clan, but I was the only one trying to get the research done and putting all my resources into it. After a while, you get tired of putting all your time and effort into something that the ower of it seems to not care about anymore. No one wants to loose all their hard work. So in my case I left and started my own clan. I hated loosing all my work in that one, but I had learned what NOT to do as a leader. In this case, as the OP said, the other guy had been running the entire clan in his absence already, so I can understand him now wanting to loose all the work he had put into it as well.
DE can only step in if the Founding Warlord has been gone for over 30 days. It's really not that hard if, even while playing another game, to just log in and check on things, makes sure everything is going well ect.

20 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

Well... the only thing left is for you to choose your friends wisely in future.

It is a lot of hard work and time spent on your part, but try not to burst an artery over it.

Yeah I’m hoping he can give it back when he comes back. If not I’m probably going to start a clan by myself the sad part is all the resources and things I had spent on it.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Anneurys2 said:

Okay guys I’ve realized that he should actually stay as the clan leader since he was the only one watching over it since I had left

Wow... I am humbled by how calm you are and actually accepting the person's reason. I assume that you have spoken to him and that was the reason he gave you.

Kudos to your calmness.

4 hours ago, Jemmies said:

Wow... I am humbled by how calm you are and actually accepting the person's reason. I assume that you have spoken to him and that was the reason he gave you.

Kudos to your calmness.

Yeah after all my friend abird became the leader he had just switched his name, which is why I couldn’t recognize who he was but I can trust him with the clan

Seems pretty unjust. If it is my clan that I started and have rules set for members they all understand by joining the clan what the rules are. At the end of the day it is my clan, it is my clan logo that I paid to uploaded and should always remain as my clan regardless of my activity. Members can leave and join another clan if they so chose this is not something that DE should be policing or allowing to happen without there being some proof of members reaching out and having document that says you are relinquishing rights to your clan.

Guess I am going to log back in and remove all my clan members now since after the recent debacle with DE I refuse to allow this to happen in my clan.

1 hour ago, DogManDan said:

Yeah 

19 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Why would he?
You basically went missing, not carrying about the clan at all. Now you come back to the game wanting your clan back...

I kinda see both sides on this one. OP did abandon the clan by taking an extended bread. *at least that is how others in the clan prolly saw it. My clan would feel that way if I went missing for a long time at least* But, it's still S#&$ty to take over the clan without at least messaging the OP or otherwise trying to settle the situation before resorting to having support remove him.
In the end, however, nothing more can be done. Hopefully OP has learned a hard lession about being a Clan Founder. More will ALWAYS be expected of you then any other clan member.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Anneurys2 said:

Okay guys I’ve realized that he should actually stay as the clan leader since he was the only one watching over it since I had left

Indeed OP, total props to you on understanding the situation and being super chill about it! I hope you have much better luck in the future.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Anneurys2 said:

Well guys I got in contact with the clan leader and he doesn’t want to give it back.

Well... the only thing left is for you to choose your friends wisely in future.

It is a lot of hard work and time spent on your part, but try not to burst an artery over it.

5 hours ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

It's really not though. I was a member in a clan like this when I started. Most of the clan was mia, the Warlord was also MIA. I had no rank in the clan, but I was the only one trying to get the research done and putting all my resources into it. After a while, you get tired of putting all your time and effort into something that the ower of it seems to not care about anymore. No one wants to loose all their hard work. So in my case I left and started my own clan. I hated loosing all my work in that one, but I had learned what NOT to do as a leader. In this case, as the OP said, the other guy had been running the entire clan in his absence already, so I can understand him now wanting to loose all the work he had put into it as well.
DE can only step in if the Founding Warlord has been gone for over 30 days. It's really not that hard if, even while playing another game, to just log in and check on things, makes sure everything is going well ect.

Yeah I’m thinking of maybe telling him that imma start my own but imma be in alliance with them. You know? 

On 2020-07-01 at 11:17 PM, (PS4)Anneurys2 said:

I was the leader of my clan. I went inactive for a couple of weeks or days and for some reason when I returned I wasn’t in my clan. I want to know how I can find out the name of my clan when I used to be in it because I had built everything by myself and I had also spent a good amount of platinum rushing the rooms. I remember the clan name had lotus in the name probably lotus saviors or the guardians of lotus or something like that, but I want to know how I can check my account history to see in which clans I used to be. I would also want to know how I can contact the warframe people to see how they can help me get my clan back, if someone could give me their email that would be great.

there is a time limit where a founding warlord can be demoted after they are not signed into the game after a certain amount of time by sending in a support ticket.
it makes the person a rank below founder who was in that position the longest the founder.
they then are able to kick the previous founder out of the clan if they so wish.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

there is a time limit where a founding warlord can be demoted after they are not signed into the game after a certain amount of time by sending in a support ticket.
it makes the person a rank below founder who was in that position the longest the founder.
they then are able to kick the previous founder out of the clan if they so wish.

It's this last part that I personally find iffy, I've seen clans devoid of people because they found better to do, and when the founder is away in turn, for any reason, they come back and basically are entitled to hijack the clan?

FFS NO!

DE support should be allowed to give at best a probatory warlord status to someone qualified for it, while creating a rollback point in case of sheaningans.

One thing is stepping up to do maintenance, new research and the like, another is expelling who built the clan in first place in his/her absence.

Maybe in general it is not a big for most people to loose ownership of the clan they started, but it does become a potential legal issue with some of us who have copyright clan logos or the clan name/group is part of an overall bigger  business branding and someone just giving it away because a founder has not been active is nonsensical. I may be offline but always made sure that others in the group have the capability to build/invite/kick/promote/etc. in my times away and that is due to proper management. If however I came back to find it all gone I would not be thrilled by this. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Anneurys2 said:

Yeah I’m thinking of maybe telling him that imma start my own but imma be in alliance with them. You know? 

Nice to see it has resolved.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

if u dont even know ur clan, ur not fit to lead it 

Steaming hot take, any more of it?

6 hours ago, DogManDan said:

Maybe in general it is not a big for most people to loose ownership of the clan they started, but it does become a potential legal issue with some of us who have copyright clan logos or the clan name/group is part of an overall bigger  business branding and someone just giving it away because a founder has not been active is nonsensical. I may be offline but always made sure that others in the group have the capability to build/invite/kick/promote/etc. in my times away and that is due to proper management. If however I came back to find it all gone I would not be thrilled by this. 

Yeah. Each of the person I left there had those permission so I didn’t see how that became part of the problem. But I also didn’t have any communication with them.

8 hours ago, Ikusias said:

It's this last part that I personally find iffy, I've seen clans devoid of people because they found better to do, and when the founder is away in turn, for any reason, they come back and basically are entitled to hijack the clan?

FFS NO!

DE support should be allowed to give at best a probatory warlord status to someone qualified for it, while creating a rollback point in case of sheaningans.

One thing is stepping up to do maintenance, new research and the like, another is expelling who built the clan in first place in his/her absence.

Yeah

9 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

Ok

Archived