Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Eidolon Meta for Volt...

Lutesque

So I dont know how long this has been going on but recently Ive noticed quite a few Number of Volt Hunters just well... doing everything... They one shot the The Shields and then one shot the Synovia's and sometimes they will even go grab a lure or two.... I personally don't like this but as far as Overall performance of the hunts go... it works... its fast its efficient its safe...My only problem is its kinda annoying to see someone who can clearly Solo the hunts just Blue Ball Chroma like this...

However just 30 Minutes earlier I enoC***ered a Mutation of thise Meta... The DPS Volt.

So this Volt player essentially just wants to be Chroma... and he's so dedicate to this that he not only doesnt do the shield Phase (Unless I just become stubborn and also do the same) But he also refuses to place shields for his Team Mates so that we could do the Shield Phase faster... He's literally just Snapping Limbs and taking Kill shots...

Whats up with Volt Hunters these days ? I dont understand this behavior at all.

Volt right now is one of the best solo eidolon hunting frame, because Chroma loses his place in the meta after self damage removal. Also everyone wants to one upped everyone in damage in pub Eidolons for some reason. Heck even one of my games got a host so salty about me being the top damage he left causing everyone to went through host migration.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

Volt right now is one of the best solo eidolon hunting frame, because Chroma loses his place in the meta after self damage removal. Also everyone wants to be the topping everyone in damage in pub Eidolons for some reason. Heck even one of my games got a host so salty about me being the top damage he left causing everyone to went through host migration.

Honestly... I might just leave in the middle of the hunt too... 

When  I used to hunt with Volt could SHields and Limbs... however since I normally do public hunts I would only do this if we get an Awkward squad Composition, however if there is a Chroma or Rhino then then I dont get in their way...

Last week i used Recruit chat to find a group, We had a well rounded Squad... however come night time Volt wants to do all the things... in fact his was so effecient that he snapped off all the limbs before we could charge the 2nd Lure.... Naturally me and My Itchy Trigger Finger got tired of feeling useless so I killed Terry... Lures be damned...

It seems like he wasnt recuiting a squad so much as he was Recuiting an Audience... 

I am reading the post over and over and I'm getting pretty sure you're just describing how Eidolon Hunts are supposed to be.

Like, Chroma hasn't been used anymore after the self-damage changes - and even beforehand, to be completely honest.

Also when you say "was doing everything by himself", after a while Eidolons become nothing but muscle memory and you do them so fast and automatically that you don't even pay attention. He wasn't trying to impress anyone.

I totally get what you're saying however, if you want to practice in a more "casual" environment my suggestion would be to always check the profiles of your party and look for people who have under 1000 caps so you can take your time in the run. Cheers! Good luck hunting man!

4 minutes ago, SeRialPiXel said:

Also when you say "was doing everything by himself", after a while Eidolons become nothing but muscle memory and you do them so fast and automatically that you don't even pay attention. He wasn't trying to impress anyone.

If you ignore the very squad you recruited to the point that the hunt actually fails because of your actions... then yeah... Im pretty sure this one person was trying to impress everyone... I wouldnt be surprised if he was streaming it under the Title "Volt Steals All Roles".... 

9 minutes ago, SeRialPiXel said:

I totally get what you're saying however, if you want to practice in a more "casual" environment my suggestion would be to always check the profiles of your party and look for people who have under 1000 caps so you can take your time in the run. Cheers! Good luck hunting man!

Thats not what I was saying... 

Here it is pure and simple... if you dont need a squad... dont recruit one just so you can Frustrate them... If he wants to Show Off then he can just skip the recruiting process and carry Randoms in Public Hunt...theres plenty of Audiences there...

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

So I dont know how long this has been going on but recently Ive noticed quite a few Number of Volt Hunters just well... doing everything... They one shot the The Shields and then one shot the Synovia's and sometimes they will even go grab a lure or two.... I personally don't like this but as far as Overall performance of the hunts go... it works... its fast its efficient its safe...My only problem is its kinda annoying to see someone who can clearly Solo the hunts just Blue Ball Chroma like this...

However just 30 Minutes earlier I enoC***ered a Mutation of thise Meta... The DPS Volt.

So this Volt player essentially just wants to be Chroma... and he's so dedicate to this that he not only doesnt do the shield Phase (Unless I just become stubborn and also do the same) But he also refuses to place shields for his Team Mates so that we could do the Shield Phase faster... He's literally just Snapping Limbs and taking Kill shots...

Whats up with Volt Hunters these days ? I dont understand this behavior at all.

Chroma dead causa of Itzal nerf and horrible ways to self damage. Everybody is using Volt since Itzal nerf, you are outdated.

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Volt has been a possible DPS choice for the last few years already. He just has a good kit that has great effectiveness in Eidolons. I'm not sure what the problem is here.

You dont have to tell me about Volt... I know how much of a good substitue for Chroma he is... he was my prefered choice for public hunts because you just never know who you might get matched with and He covers two roles very well... 

But do you seriously not see the Problem of:
A) Going to recruit chat and assembling a Text Book Squad, then making that squad you assembled feel useless ?

B) Playing the one and only Warframe in the game that can buff Operators, but deciding to not only to refuse doing that fpr your own operator but also refuse to help your Team Mates by putting down shields for them just so you can Cosplay Chroma ?

if not then I think we're done here... you cant be reasoned with....This isnt a subtle problem... its very obvious whats wrong with those 2 Scenarios...

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You dont have to tell me about Volt... I know how much of a good substitue for Chroma he is... he was my prefered choice for public hunts because you just never know who you might get matched with and He covers two roles very well... 

But do you seriously not see the Problem of:
A) Going to recruit chat and assembling a Text Book Squad, then making that squad you assembled feel useless ?

B) Playing the one and only Warframe in the game that can buff Operators, but deciding to not only to refuse doing that fpr your own operator but also refuse to help your Team Mates by putting down shields for them just so you can Cosplay Chroma ?

if not then I think we're done here... you cant be reasoned with....This isnt a subtle problem... its very obvious whats wrong with those 2 Scenarios...

Both those situations are player behavior problems, not Volt. The problem you have is with how people play Volt, not his kit. Every hunt I've been in with Volt DPS, all the other roles still participated, and nobody was "useless".

I don't see the problem here. If you're joining pubs you never know what you're going to get. You will get under geared players looking for a carry. You will get pros that can easily solo but still choose to play pubs. You're going to get that player that wants to dps and do nothing else. It comes with the territory. 

That's why when I ran pub eidolon hunts I always took Volt. I could do every task but heal lures. If I did it fast enough I didn't have to worry about healing lures because the eidolon was downed before they required healing. If my team sucked I would deal with lures shields and dps. If I could get someone to help with lures I was happy i didn't have to do a full carry. If not It didn't matter. I was helping some random players with a hunt. 

It's pretty much the exact same scenario if I was in a premade team.  If the lure handler sucked I could pick up the slack there to help the team. If our dps sucked I could do their job and still do mine. I couldn't heal lures so I wasn't going to give them the opportunity to get killed. I'd give the dps a couple seconds to break the limb and if they didn't I was taking a shot. If they repeatedly took more than a few seconds to break a limb I stopped giving them that few second grace period and just started breaking limbs as soon as shields were down. I don't want to waste my time and risk failing a hunt because someone else is under preforming, especially if I have the ability to pick up the slack. 

Pretty much when entering a pub eidolon hunt be prepared to carry and play the hand you are dealt. If you are going to get annoyed that your random team does not meet your expectations then pub hunts are not for you. 

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Both those situations are player behavior problems, not Volt. The problem you have is with how people play Volt, not his kit. Every hunt I've been in with Volt DPS, all the other roles still participated, and nobody was "useless".

Duh... ofcourse its  player problem... i never said it wasnt... 

Also if i was playing Chroma/Rhino in your Group and you decided volt is going to be DPS then what would be left for me ? Cheerleading ?

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I don't see the problem here. If you're joining pubs you never know what you're going to get.

Then read again...

This happened on both random and organised groups....

If you don't see the problem then imagine your self as someone other than the One playing Volt...

That's why when I ran pub eidolon hunts I always took Volt. I could do every task but heal lures. If I did it fast enough I didn't have to worry about healing lures because the eidolon was downed before they required healing. If my team sucked I would deal with lures shields and dps. If I could get someone to help with lures I was happy i didn't have to do a full carry. If not It didn't matter. I was helping some random players with a hunt

Did you check your squad before deciding to be one man hero ?

It sounds like when you do public hunts you automatically assume your team mates are going to suck and just take over the hunts...

It's pretty much the exact same scenario if I was in a premade team.  If the lure handler sucked I could pick up the slack there to help the team. If our dps sucked I could do their job and still do mine. I couldn't heal lures so I wasn't going to give them the opportunity to get killed. I'd give the dps a couple seconds to break the limb and if they didn't I was taking a shot. If they repeatedly took more than a few seconds to break a limb I stopped giving them that few second grace period and just started breaking limbs as soon as shields were down. I don't want to waste my time and risk failing a hunt because someone else is under preforming, especially if I have the ability to pick up the slack. 

Forget what i said earlier then.... as long as you are giving the dedicated DPS player in your team a chance then its fine.... thats what i used to do with Volt.

However lately 'ive been hunting with Ivara... on Recruit chat i've always made it clear that i'd be handling DPS.... however it seems like when the hunt starts The Volt player always just ignores this. And starts acting on his own.... and heres the thing.... this behavior is actually not good against Garry and Harry since they have 6 Synovia's.... wasting your Void Strike on destroying those when someone else can do that just causes problems around the last two Synovia's because whoops... can't one shot the eidolon's shield anymore.

I think there were only two times i was in a hunt where this didn't happen, one of those two were because i was sitting on 30X VS Multiplier that i had since Terry because Volt was being a one man hero and so i got to shoot my amp atleast once... every other time we always got slowed down because i had to compete with Volt for the DPS role because they can't be bothered to do simple math- 8 VOid Strike Charges versus 5 Shield Phases and 5 Synovias (the 6th Synovia doesn't count since it doesn't get its shields back when it gets up the final time).

Pretty much when entering a pub eidolon hunt be prepared to carry and play the hand you are dealt. If you are going to get annoyed that your random team does not meet your expectations then pub hunts are not for you. 

To be fair... public hunts are not for anyone... its not like tbe regular star chart where most Warframe abilities still work... and because the eidolons are immune to everything that only leaves room for a small fraction of viable Warframes... throw in random matchmaking and voila.... Guaranteed Unsatisfaction...

The mode is just bad....and still chockful of bugs.

Infact im going to throw in Profit Taker and Radiation Hazard and too since those are a mess when going public too... Spy Sorties are also kinda dumb... but this is alil different than the previous modes i mentioned.

It kind of just sounds like you're just jealous of a volt who was able to do all your team's roles better than you guys could. If you don't want to be "carried" then get better, make your propa/raplak timing better, improve your setups etc. I don't think its fair to blame a volt who was doing more than his role required if he was still doing it faster than you guys were. It's a different story if he signs up as VS volt and ends up breaking all the limbs and not taking down shields but I don't think that's the case here seeing as how you said:

They one shot the The Shields and then one shot the Synovia's

Archived