Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic players

(XBOX)ALTBOULI

so is this the new thing? To threaten to DOS someone's house unless they give you what you want?

Let me clarify  I was in trade chat selling stuff and I got contacted by a player saying they would like to buy my riven, we agreed on a price and I joined them in their dojo. The next thing I know this person is threatening to block my account and my Internet unless I hand over the riven for free. 

Needless to say I reported the person, hopefully DE will block their account

12 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

so is this the new thing? To threaten to DOS someone's house unless they give you what you want?

Let me clarify  I was in trade chat selling stuff and I got contacted by a player saying they would like to buy my riven, we agreed on a price and I joined them in their dojo. The next thing I know this person is threatening to block my account and my Internet unless I hand over the riven for free. 

If you are overly concerned about this contact your ISP and have them walk you through the process to change your IP address. If the fool who ever they are do follow through and do something it is a cyber crime and your ISP can backtrack that under most circumstances. 

17 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

If you are overly concerned about this contact your ISP and have them walk you through the process to change your IP address. If the fool who ever they are do follow through and do something it is a cyber crime and your ISP can backtrack that under most circumstances. 

No I'm not concerned, its most likely a kid who's learnt how to ping an IP address. My concern is if this person or somebody like minded attempts to extort items/money from other players who are less informed. 

Hopefully the ticket I raised with evidence should be enough for both Xbox and DE to take the necessary actions.

Thanks for the advice though 🙂

Yikes! I'm sorry that happened to you.

I'm glad you reported it to both DE and Microsoft (or at least I think you did for the latter; sorry if I misunderstood what you wrote). Hopefully that gets resolved soon. Best of luck to you.

The fact that people think they need to do stuff like this is just... so stupid (yes, I realize that this is how the world works; I just don't want to normalize it).

38 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

Yikes! I'm sorry that happened to you.

I'm glad you reported it to both DE and Microsoft (or at least I think you did for the latter; sorry if I misunderstood what you wrote). Hopefully that gets resolved soon. Best of luck to you.

The fact that people think they need to do stuff like this is just... so stupid (yes, I realize that this is how the world works; I just don't want to normalize it).

Thank you 🙂

yes I reported the individual to both xbox live and DE

On 2020-07-18 at 12:20 PM, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Thank you 🙂

yes I reported the individual to both xbox live and DE

Thank you, you did the right thing.

On 2020-07-18 at 5:06 PM, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Bruh this is nothing new.This is the Internet people do this stuff all the time. 

Please don't.

27 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Wdym. I’m just stating facts. People all over the Internet are toxic. People need to grow thicker skin towards it. 

People steal things too.  If someone steals from you then perhaps you should just get over it and grow a thicker skin?

If someone is threatening to hack/dox others, that's a violation of the rules that DE has set up and should be reported.  Telling people to get over it is not the right answer.

3 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

People steal things too.  If someone steals from you then perhaps you should just get over it and grow a thicker skin?

If someone is threatening to hack/dox others, that's a violation of the rules that DE has set up and should be reported.  Telling people to get over it is not the right answer.

Ok I agree that the person doing that should be reported and delt with legally but people don’t do anything usually or rarely when making empty threats.I’ve played allot of online games and people doing that are usually just little kids with empty threats.

The comparison about stealing vs saying mean words is a pretty poor comparison tho since stealing actually affects you physical and mentally in the long run while word are just words on a screen that usually should not be taken seriously. Ever hear the phrase sticks an stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

1 minute ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I’ve played allot of online games and people doing that are usually just little kids with empty threats.

And if it's not an empty threat, what then?  Besides, threatening is against the rules anyway, because it causes harm in itself.

1 minute ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Ever hear the phrase sticks an stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Yep I've heard of it.  It was wrong when it was said to me in my youth and it's still just as wrong today.  Most of us have realized that words can and do hurt others.  It would be nice if you and others who continue to espouse this falsehood would stop pushing it.  Words do have effects that manifest in both physical and mental ways.

Besides, if words were as meaningless as you suggest, then you wouldn't be fighting so hard on behalf of them.

I think people are misunderstanding my complaints, there was no name calling or simple trolling.

I'm talking about someone who posted my address details and attempted to use that to threaten and blackmail me into giving them something.

I know the person was simply pinging my IP address but my point is this would be enough to spook a lot of people especially younger players. People saying grow thicker skin don't seem to realise how dangerous this type of behaviour can be...

49 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

I think people are misunderstanding my complaints, there was no name calling or simple trolling.

I'm talking about someone who posted my address details and attempted to use that to threaten and blackmail me into giving them something.

I know the person was simply pinging my IP address but my point is this would be enough to spook a lot of people especially younger players. People saying grow thicker skin don't seem to realise how dangerous this type of behaviour can be...

Use a vpn to scramble your location. And report the filth. Problem solved.

В 18.07.2020 в 17:09, (XB1)ALTBOULI сказал:

BC it is a free game, the contingent in the game and on the forum is very diverse.

In your situation, very scary threats, to be honest. I hope other players will not have similar "buyers" it is best to take screenshots of the chat and write to support.

23 minutes ago, Lullipompsie said:

BC it is a free game, the contingent in the game and on the forum is very diverse.

In your situation, very scary threats, to be honest. I hope other players will not have similar "buyers" it is best to take screenshots of the chat and write to support.

Yup took a screenshot and immediately blocked and reported the individual. Sadly I haven't heard anything back from DE regarding the report ticket I raised

So someone threatened to commit a crime (DoS attack is illegal in most countries) during the act of committing another crime (extortion). Nice.

Although the latter was done in a virtual setting, I'd imagine DE has something in their terms of service about that sort of thing, as does Microsoft. Reporting the user to both and blocking them is a good move.

7 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Yeah that’s what happens when you only read headlines at first lol.

11 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

And if it's not an empty threat, what then?  Besides, threatening is against the rules anyway, because it causes harm in itself.

Yep I've heard of it.  It was wrong when it was said to me in my youth and it's still just as wrong today.  Most of us have realized that words can and do hurt others.  It would be nice if you and others who continue to espouse this falsehood would stop pushing it.  Words do have effects that manifest in both physical and mental ways.

Besides, if words were as meaningless as you suggest, then you wouldn't be fighting so hard on behalf of them.

Na I’m simply just having a discussion I’m not getting worked up by this. I’m just very passionate about freedom of expression. I understand you have follow the tos but I don’t personally agree with some of the ideas with in it.

You can choose to not let words hurt you while stealing and murder you are going get hurt by those actions no matter what.Free will is thing and you have will power to just ignore words and move on and not get overly sensitive about things.

12 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Yup took a screenshot and immediately blocked and reported the individual. Sadly I haven't heard anything back from DE regarding the report ticket I raised

DE support will not disclose to you whatever action they take against the other individual, but do know that they take stuff like this seriously.

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

DE support will not disclose to you whatever action they take against the other individual, but do know that they take stuff like this seriously.

Yeah not expecting any form of disclosure, was just hoping for a message to say they have seen my ticket and are looking into the issue. Thats typically what would happen I believe.

I really hope they are taking the issue seriously, not just for my sake but for any other players this individual might try to blackmail and scam.

Archived