The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WWE Warframes?

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

Since a certain other game is now including WWE actors/characters into their franchise, how would we feel about them doing it to Warframe?

We might be able to Operate a mechanised Undertaker, for instance, or have Atlas operated by The Rock. 😄

... and we might be able to hit a Grineer soldier with a chair while they come at us with sock puppets and razor blades. 

Oh sweet RNGesus... found another one!

No. DE have flat out said that they will not be creating any characters, and certainly no Warframes, that are directly based of characters outside of the franchise.

Closest they've gotten is the joke with Hildryn being a Javelin from Anthem, and don't expect closer.

They've made many jokes about it on DevStreams, but have quickly clarified that those are all jokes, and they have no intention of including any other franchise within the Warframe universe.

3 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Oh sweet RNGesus... found another one!

No. DE have flat out said that they will not be creating any characters, and certainly no Warframes, that are directly based of characters outside of the franchise.

Closest they've gotten is the joke with Hildryn being a Javelin from Anthem, and don't expect closer.

They've made many jokes about it on DevStreams, but have quickly clarified that those are all jokes, and they have no intention of including any other franchise within the Warframe universe.

Yeah but WWE have money and money does tend to change minds...

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Hah, so does TenCent. And guess who's looking into buying DE?

Also, I think the WWE are more worried about putting crowds in stadiums at the moment.

Along with a lot of other entertainment companies; there will have to be more investment towards personal entertainment systems like televisions, games consoles, phones and computers if they want to survive right now. This means investing with established companies such as Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and others - including 3rd parties such as DE who might be glad of the extra dollar here and there. 

Besides, even if it's not WWE that might make an appearance, it doesn't mean nobody else will. The statement about external characters may have to change one day if not in the immediate future and, well, we don't always like change whether good or bad.

10 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Yeah but WWE have money and money does tend to change minds...

Oh, is that why they got slapped down and told to change their name to wwe, by an organization that begs for money to save penguins or pandas, or emus or whatever? 

LOL. 

Gotta thank you for reminding me of that. 

Besides, even if it's not WWE that might make an appearance, it doesn't mean nobody else will.

Fairly sure the decision came down from the top, the actual CEO hates the concept. And that they'd literally have to buy him out entirely, remove him, and put a new CEO in charge of DE before we got that.

Besides, there is no way that any self-respecting company like DE would even consider the hot-mess of a franchise that is WWE.

If there's change to come, it won't come easy, and it won't be anywhere near that blatantly stupid. Don't forget, DE is Canadian, they don't even like wrestling up there.

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Fairly sure the decision came down from the top, the actual CEO hates the concept. And that they'd literally have to buy him out entirely, remove him, and put a new CEO in charge of DE before we got that.

Besides, there is no way that any self-respecting company like DE would even consider the hot-mess of a franchise that is WWE.

If there's change to come, it won't come easy, and it won't be anywhere near that blatantly stupid. Don't forget, DE is Canadian, they don't even like wrestling up there.

They're already showing cracks with the Chinese grind influence and how we now have to pay time and effort for a coin for a chance to win a part of a prize doesn't sound like DE to me. Grinding Kuva Liches was a big difference to the grind concept too. The railjack... not sure what was going on there other than experimental gameplay that's actually kinda cool in my opinion.

It only takes someone with a big enough cheque to walk into DE. Yes, I know about Tencent but it's not final just yet, afaik.

There are still other possible contenders and it brings up the question of Cross-Play development too because the right investor can open doors in Microsoft and Sony and Nintendo. If World Of Tanks can do it, so can Warframe.

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh, is that why they got slapped down and told to change their name to wwe, by an organization that begs for money to save penguins or pandas, or emus or whatever? 

LOL. 

WWF ... yeah I still kinda remember that. Just goes to show, commercial law was a big thing back then, and still is, where identity and proprietary infringement are concerned. Charity is serious business and its amazing how entertainment companies like DE and WWE take pride in their support to them. I like that.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

WWF ... yeah I still kinda remember that. Just goes to show, commercial law was a big thing back then, and still is, where identity and proprietary infringement are concerned. Charity is serious business and its amazing how entertainment companies like DE and WWE take pride in their support to them. I like that.

LOL. If WWE took so much pride in supporting them wouldn't they have changed their name without having to be ordered to by a judge? 

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL. If WWE took so much pride in supporting them wouldn't they have changed their name without having to be ordered to by a judge? 

It actually costs a lot for a big company like that to change logos and such. Legal matters are paid for by insurance and monthly fees broken down; change of logo is a massive expensive unplanned upheaval to business operations in marketing and advertising strategies. It was worth their while to TRY to prevent such a large immediate hemorrhage of money. It wasn't about the animal welfare in that particular scenario. I think if a logo caused any direct harm to an animal, then WWF/E would have acted much sooner, imho. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

It actually costs a lot for a big company like that to change logos and such. Legal matters are paid for by insurance and monthly fees broken down; change of logo is a massive expensive unplanned upheaval to business operations in marketing and advertising strategies. It was worth their while to TRY to prevent such a large immediate hemorrhage of money. It wasn't about the animal welfare in that particular scenario. I think if a logo caused any direct harm to an animal, then WWF/E would have acted much sooner, imho. 

And what made you think that it was an unexpected thing? Do you think that large corporations don't spend beaucoup bucks doing trademark searches, and market research before coming up with names, logos, and the like? 

I can assure you that they do. 

Sometimes they just figure they're big enough, and can pay their lawyers enough to make the other party cave. Some of the time they do, and some of the time the big bad wolf is going to get slapped down and put back in their place. 

But there are a usually a sequence of escalations in these matters. The WWF would probably have tried to tell them about it at the time, moved to lawyers letters, and eventually gone before a court. 

Happened to what became the wwe, even happened to Apple

23 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

... and we might be able to hit a Grineer soldier with a chair while they come at us with sock puppets and razor blades. 

Grate Prime would be classier than a chair.

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And what made you think that it was an unexpected thing? Do you think that large corporations don't spend beaucoup bucks doing trademark searches, and market research before coming up with names, logos, and the like? 

I can assure you that they do. 

Sometimes they just figure they're big enough, and can pay their lawyers enough to make the other party cave. Some of the time they do, and some of the time the big bad wolf is going to get slapped down and put back in their place. 

But there are a usually a sequence of escalations in these matters. The WWF would probably have tried to tell them about it at the time, moved to lawyers letters, and eventually gone before a court. 

Happened to what became the wwe, even happened to Apple

Ok, so perhaps it wasn't unexpected; the very fact that you specify they must have spent lots of currency on lawyers on the escalator you mentioned shows they must have enough money to be an attractive investor. I looked it up, WWE are worth 1% of Tencent's $500bn. Yes, Tencent's bigger, but even 1% of that is formidable.  Leyou is around $75m. WWE could, in theory, buy them out despite Tencent being bigger. What's more, WWE know how to Entertain, that's their business. Tencent are just... what... bean counters?

54 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Ok, so perhaps it wasn't unexpected; the very fact that you specify they must have spent lots of currency on lawyers on the escalator you mentioned shows they must have enough money to be an attractive investor. I looked it up, WWE are worth 1% of Tencent's $500bn. Yes, Tencent's bigger, but even 1% of that is formidable.  Leyou is around $75m. WWE could, in theory, buy them out despite Tencent being bigger. What's more, WWE know how to Entertain, that's their business. Tencent are just... what... bean counters?

And Apple is worth multiple Tencent’s. By your logic that puts the fake wrestlers in the US really far down on the list of things that anyone should take an interest in. Did I mention that Apple got slapped down too? I thought I did. 

56 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And Apple is worth multiple Tencent’s. By your logic that puts the fake wrestlers in the US really far down on the list of things that anyone should take an interest in. Did I mention that Apple got slapped down too? I thought I did. 

Popular interest? Bean counting doesn't have anything to do with being interesting. Apple and Tencent are excellent when it comes to hoarding wealth ... but they're not very entertaining. I don't buy an Apple computer to 'interest' me, but I might buy one because they're good for graphics design (and even that's debatable nowadays). iTunes could be counted as a source of entertainment, but it's just a store where music is placed to be bought and that's about it. 

Digital Extremes create content for us to enjoy, as do WWE. Tencent just ... buy ... people ... 😕

1 hour ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Popular interest? Bean counting doesn't have anything to do with being interesting. Apple and Tencent are excellent when it comes to hoarding wealth ... but they're not very entertaining. I don't buy an Apple computer to 'interest' me, but I might buy one because they're good for graphics design (and even that's debatable nowadays). iTunes could be counted as a source of entertainment, but it's just a store where music is placed to be bought and that's about it. 

Digital Extremes create content for us to enjoy, as do WWE. Tencent just ... buy ... people ... 😕

You've ever seen Apple doing the reveal events for their new phones have you? Pretty sure those rabid Apple fans were really interested in the popular devices. To the tune of thousands and thousands of dollars. Sometimes each year. 

How much have you spent in the last decade to watch your wrestlers? Is it basically free? If so, there's a trick you missed, because the fake American wrestling isn't what they have sold to make their money, it's you watching the fake American wrestling. 

abilities.

1: (the Brother), jump up and slam down with the leg on an enemy. If the enemy survive they will become Brothered and aid you until they die.
2: (The Cena), invisibility.
3: (The Randy Slither) fast movement, similar to Revenants (3) but longer distance and no harm to enemies. Basically a teleport without an enemy target at the end.
4: (RKO) Nuff said.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You've ever seen Apple doing the reveal events for their new phones have you? Pretty sure those rabid Apple fans were really interested in the popular devices. To the tune of thousands and thousands of dollars. Sometimes each year. 

How much have you spent in the last decade to watch your wrestlers? Is it basically free? If so, there's a trick you missed, because the fake American wrestling isn't what they have sold to make their money, it's you watching the fake American wrestling. 

Watching a cloth get whipped off a new gadget has entertainment value, I guess. Having Apple invest into Warframe could be better than WWE, I can accept that. If that's what you're saying? In the meantime, WWE's still better than Tencent. 😛

If World Of Tanks can do it, so can Warframe.

There's a complete difference between 'can' and 'won't'.

The difference being that they have absolutely no reason to sell out, on top of having no desire to. Repetitive answers of 'no' genuinely means no.

And even then, how many ways can we say that the proposed idea of things like WWE is not only bad, it's repellent because of what the WWE is.

13 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

There's a complete difference between 'can' and 'won't'.

The difference being that they have absolutely no reason to sell out, on top of having no desire to. Repetitive answers of 'no' genuinely means no.

And even then, how many ways can we say that the proposed idea of things like WWE is not only bad, it's repellent because of what the WWE is.

But they have... and did... and they promised us in streams that they weren't going to make the game more grindy... but that happened anyway... 

Remember that what a CEO does and says isn't always gospel. 

Besides, I really don't see what the beef is. WWE isn't that bad. Yes, it's got a niche audience who like it very much. Same with NASCAR or Baseball, the Olympics, or soap operas or family game shows. If somebody wants to invest a lot of money into a company with a few strings attached of "Oh, by the way, please can we have an Undertaker themed tank Warframe?" or some such, I don't think many people will say 'no' to that - no matter what was said in the past.

19 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL. 

That's actually because the lawsuit filed by the World Wildlife Foundation, (they are a charity, which is not a bad thing, do you hate animals or something?) was won by them. It had nothing to do with money, both parties probably had enough, but the WWE lost the lawsuit so they had to change their name. I remember this happening actually.

Also, what is your deal, there's no conspiracy here. Yes they want us to watch, so does AEW. We want to watch what they are showing. Do you go around criticizing people who go to movies or restaurants and talk about how they are getting scammed because "they want you to watch their movie," or "they want you to eat their food." Well yes, that is how commerce works most of the time.

Archived