Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game constantly crashes all of a sudden and i don’t know why [Something to do with the pc, but haven’t figured it out yet]

crimsonspartan1

Question

Yesterday warframe made my computer black screen and when it reverted to normal, the game crashed, and crashed a second time after loading up the game again after finishing a quick mission. I assumed it was just an off day so i shut off my pc (completely shutting it off by holding the off button) for tonight, but now it crashed four times straight away today, two times when it was loading up the login screen and two times when i was in the liset. Never even got time to set off on a mission (although i managed to start building another forma after the first crash). When it crashes the screen flickers, blackscreens and then closes. I have no idea what might’ve occurred this since my pc should be absolutely fine and has been running warframe perfectly for ages with little issues, but now i can barely do anything in the liset without suffering the crash, or even load up the login screen at times. 

No idea what i’m supposed to do. There wasn’t any issues with the launcher, but the game itself cannot be played without suffering a crash now. 

20 answers to this question

So things are still kinda...Bad on my end?

Other than a few issues with starting up the pc, it seems to be somewhat okay for the most part, although wf still tends to crash randomly, and one time it froze when i claimed the daily login today and then after a few attempts of getting logged into the game (which it crashed like two times immediately as i begun typing in my password), i got in. Entered the tennolive relay and had a look around and no issues, and claimed the tennocon pistol, but game crashed when i tried entering an ESO game to level stuff up, then the pc blackscreened shortly after.

Still have no clue what’s going on, and i did verify and optimise the game the day before yesterday (although might have to redo that with the recent update), but there still appears to be no indication of what’s causing the problem. From what i’ve seen however, it seems fine if i do basically anything else most of the time, but trying to open up and do stuff in warframe causes issues. Haven’t tested any other steam games however. Kinda sucks stuff like this is happening on the day of tennocon, cus if the issues continues, i might have to forget about the staff skin and the mystery decoration from the tennolive relay. Mainly just glad i got the pistol anyway. Wanna figure out and fix the issue before any major updates or events come out at least.

35 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Tested it again with the original owner of the pc i currently have on facetime, and somehow it worked fine. Took a while to load up the desktop, but managed to quickly login to warframe, get the daily login and claim a built forma in the foundry without any issues, then decided to exit the game and shut off the pc for today. Could’ve done more testing like play in a mission and such, but i figured i’ll just leave it for today. 

Doubt it’s a permanent fix though. Guess i just got lucky. Gonna take a look at the pc again tomorrow though, and see if i have to do anything about it or not. 

Edit: The power source should be stable. My house has had a few power cuts before, but my house doesn’t really have power outages that much. If it was something to do with power outages then i feel like that’d also be affecting some or my other consoles like my Xbox one than just my PC

Good news. but thats the classic "çalerfaitplus" . Meaning that when someone is there to watch it it doesn't happen lol

You are right its not a permanent fix.

Unstalble power can be only one some segment of your house electric system and will most of the time affect stuff you have that is always on and unprotected ( power surge proof power bar can easely solve that btw ). I know its gonna sounds strange but unstable power on cords on alternating current ( the tesla theory ^.^ ) can vary and not affect certain type of peripheral so sometimes its hard to pin point.

Glad to see things are sorting out man ^.^ 

48 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Sorry to be the crow here but seems like this pc actually died on you yeah.

Do you have a stable power source or is it a very old building with frequent power outage ?

Because if its the power supplyed to your pc that is garbage that may be why all peripheral installed seems to die on you ^.^ just sayin 😉 

Tested it again with the original owner of the pc i currently have on facetime, and somehow it worked fine. Took a while to load up the desktop, but managed to quickly login to warframe, get the daily login and claim a built forma in the foundry without any issues, then decided to exit the game and shut off the pc for today. Could’ve done more testing like play in a mission and such, but i figured i’ll just leave it for today. 

Doubt it’s a permanent fix though. Guess i just got lucky. Gonna take a look at the pc again tomorrow though, and see if i have to do anything about it or not. 

Edit: The power source should be stable. My house has had a few power cuts before, but my house doesn’t really have power outages that much. If it was something to do with power outages then i feel like that’d also be affecting some or my other consoles like my Xbox one than just my PC

Sorry to be the crow here but seems like this pc actually died on you yeah.

Do you have a stable power source or is it a very old building with frequent power outage ?

Because if its the power supplyed to your pc that is garbage that may be why all peripheral installed seems to die on you ^.^ just sayin 😉 

42 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Alright spartan i get that ^.^ 

Just so you know what my background is i'm a programmer. I code stuff for a living and while i was in college everyone asked for help with their pc issue because i was working with computers.

Waiting for someone irl is perfectly fine tenno. Its the moment where i wish i could just teleport myself to help you ^.^ 

That being said form the intel you told me i can confirm its not a virus. Its an hardware issue either Hard drive , graphic card  or even mother board. If the screen was not giving weird issue at first it could also have been power supply but not i'm not sure about it.

Keep us tuned tenno ^.^ 

The thing that’s worse is that it’s not even my pc that’s gone bad. It’s from somebody i know. My old pc had issues before and we tried to repair it, but somehow ended up making it worse, so he lent me his pc which is leagues above me (my pc couldn’t even run railjack before). Was extra cautious with taking care of it and had it for maybe half a year or more possibly (but less than a year most likely. Haven’t kept track) but now all this happened and i haven’t got the slightest clue as to why it’s like this. 

Can’t send it off for repairs either because i’m fairly sure most of the repair places i know of are closed due to the whole pandemic, which was why i still have my old pc just collecting dust in my room. 

Just hope it can be fixed in some way or form. Really don’t want this pc to just randomly die on me

15 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

For now i’m just gonna see if i can get help from people irl since i’m no pc expert and don’t want to accidentally do anything wrong. 

After a few tries it loaded up the desktop but seems to be loading up pretty slowly, then blue-screened. Just giving it time. Doubt it’s a virus cus i haven’t been on any site or dowloaded anything that could’ve been fishy. Been extra cautious with keeping the pc safe but it just suddenly started acting up and i’m not really sure what to do anymore

Alright spartan i get that ^.^ 

Just so you know what my background is i'm a programmer. I code stuff for a living and while i was in college everyone asked for help with their pc issue because i was working with computers.

Waiting for someone irl is perfectly fine tenno. Its the moment where i wish i could just teleport myself to help you ^.^ 

That being said form the intel you told me i can confirm its not a virus. Its an hardware issue either Hard drive , graphic card  or even mother board. If the screen was not giving weird issue at first it could also have been power supply but not i'm not sure about it.

Keep us tuned tenno ^.^ 

14 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

when booting press either delete , f2 or escape ( or any other key if its written ) to acess BIOS because some of them have diagnostic utility for basic stuff like HDD ,processor and ram.

at first sight it looks like graphic card issue but i can be wrong.

10 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Sounds like your GPU, ports or cable. Try another port or cable if possible. Or connecting it to a different monitor.

For now i’m just gonna see if i can get help from people irl since i’m no pc expert and don’t want to accidentally do anything wrong. 

After a few tries it loaded up the desktop but seems to be loading up pretty slowly, then blue-screened. Just giving it time. Doubt it’s a virus cus i haven’t been on any site or dowloaded anything that could’ve been fishy. Been extra cautious with keeping the pc safe but it just suddenly started acting up and i’m not really sure what to do anymore

when booting press either delete , f2 or escape ( or any other key if its written ) to acess BIOS because some of them have diagnostic utility for basic stuff like HDD ,processor and ram.

at first sight it looks like graphic card issue but i can be wrong.

5 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Yup it can be material thats what i was worryed about. Otherwise its OS issue.

Have you taken a look at the even viewer to see if something is off ?

WindowsKey + R  -> write "control" then enter -> administrative tools -> event viewer.

Pc won’t even start up properly now. Just does the start up loading screen and then it goes off and my screen says “no signal” most of the time. 

Think something is terribly wrong with it, and i have no idea what

From the looks of it, it might be my pc that’s messing up. 

Black screened when i started up the pc and went to use the bathroom, and again when i was verifying and optimising the warframe launcher. 

No idea what’s even wrong now. Doesn’t just seem like a warframe thing anymore. Looks like my pc’s bugged or has some kind of error?

Yeah of course multiple benchmark software are quite good just to test our if its hardware you can take Speccy from cccleaner (https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download )

the free version should be enough.

Just to be sure to check hardware first most of the time because otherwise you may search for nothing in the end if it was ^.^ ( layer 1 rules if i recall well )

but if its not present in other game ( that are similar in requirement ) then i doubt its hardware ( well except HDD but thats another thing )

ps: sorry for the delay ^.^ 

8 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Crimsonspartan !!!! Welcome back home man.

Have you tryed diagnose software first because your issue seems hardware related at first sight. Want me to refer you a benchmark software ?

Do you have issue with other games on steam as well ? 

Don’t believe it’s hardware related? Might have to check at some point though, but you can recommend the benchmark software maybe?

Doesn’t seem to be affecting the other games on my pc from what i’ve checked?

7 hours ago, DarthKadra said:

In my experience, if something that used to work stops working, you should try and remember whether you installed anything recently that could interfere, especially any software that remains in the memory or creates virtual devices (like controller emulators for example). If not, then the problem might have arisen because of a Warframe update. Or it could be a Windows update. Things like this are very hard to diagnose. Usually, if nothing else helps and you've got the time and patience, you would do a clean install of your operating system and the required drivers (if any) and then try playing the game.

Haven’t installed anything recently, games nor other software. The crashes kinda just happened all of a sudden, but i feel like it has something to do with me loading up twitch on the pc in the steam browser in game (don’t think it caused the crashes, but it was kinda coincidental that the crashes started appearing after loading it up).

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Does something like this happen?

Hide contents

K3iiWsA.jpg

I was having this issue some time ago where the game would completely crash and most times crash my entire PC too forcing me to reboot it on the power button.

Similar, but not really. Most of the time the game just froze and crashed, while one time it did flicker and glitch out similar to that image, but then just black-screened shortly after and i was back at the desktop. One time it crashed and black-screened and then i decided to just shut off the pc completely, although it might’ve fixed itself after a few seconds or so. 

In my experience, if something that used to work stops working, you should try and remember whether you installed anything recently that could interfere, especially any software that remains in the memory or creates virtual devices (like controller emulators for example). If not, then the problem might have arisen because of a Warframe update. Or it could be a Windows update. Things like this are very hard to diagnose. Usually, if nothing else helps and you've got the time and patience, you would do a clean install of your operating system and the required drivers (if any) and then try playing the game.

Just now, Zahnny said:

I recommend taking this to Support first.

Are you running any external programs?

I’m not. Game has been acting up after i loaded up twitch in the steam browser, but i really doubt twitch of all things should be causing warframe to repeatedly crash. I know for a fact it was the proper site and not some fake site. Might just be something else causing it which i don’t know of, or warframe’s just having another bad day. 

Will take it to support though. Would like to actually play the game instead of being unable to due to sudden crashes

I would definitely read these articles and if nothing helps, make a bug report with Support directly on the same site with as much information as possible:

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212890418-What-should-I-do-if-my-game-keeps-crashing-

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182250-What-information-should-I-give-when-submitting-a-ticket-

Archived