Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

specters

(PSN)dracoromanov112

Question

10 answers to this question

Generally you want a support specter. Think of it as what frame do you want with an unmodded loadout. I use trinity for mine, though ive seen good wisp ones. For weapons, specters dont worry about ammo count, so launchers can be very good, or high damage snipers, as the specters are quite accurate.

I use:

Wisp for HP/heal-buff

Trinity for energy

Octavia for distractions and stealth

Nidus for ability strength (my default favorit)

the spectres use mainly the primary weapon. They are absolut accurate, no reload (except low muni like Tigris) and no shotgun range. So i use the Khom (not Kuva-Khom, the element bonus doesn´t work).

Secondary doesn´t matter.

For Melee (rare used) the Hirudo for a little bit selfhealing (not realy matter)

keep in mind, the spectres use the base with their spectre levels (depend on enemy level). No Mods.

Mainly run a Nidus specter with the Exergis (the secondary and melee weapons i’m not fussed about). The nidus for power strength and minor healing with his 4th (with some cc from the maggots), but the Exergis shotgun can sometimes bug on a specter and doesn’t need reloading, meaning the specter can just rapid fire it like a fully automatic weapon at times which is great. 

Oh... for me its Wisp Specter with The Exergis... i cant imagine anything stronger.

Wisp gives solid reliable Buffs and the Exergis has 2 Main Advantages. 

1) Has Slash so it can deal with Armor

2) Has Radiation so it will Disable Ancient Heal Auras. And can CC through Rad Procs.

The Exergis has innately high base Status Chance so that just makes it an obvious choice i think... why would you use anything else ?

For the secondary weapon which she never uses i have the Mara Detron (Again.... more Radiation).

And for Melee she wields the Sancti Magistar....

The Sancti Magistar's Passive Grants the one holding it 100% Immunity from all Status Effects... This includes knock downs and Staggers... however the passive only works if you are actually Holding the Sancti Magistar in your Hands. You lose the benefits as soon as you Holster it... in any case that means my Specter cant get knockdown by the heavy gunner's AoE if they get close enough to actually do it...

Saves me from having to use the Ancient Healer Specter for the Same Effect.

I want to make a special mention for Protea... she can whip out a dispenser which will spit out Items you would normally need to kill enemies to get.... keep this in mind when doing Content when there are no enemies to kill. Only reason i dont use her is because she rarely drops the Dispenser.

10 hours ago, (PS4)dracoromanov112 said:

what is some of the best frame set ups for specters ?

I mostly use nidus and recently switched to the kuva ogris, though I'm not sure how good that is yet.

As they pretty much only use primary when then have them, go for a high base power weapon and hitscan may be more accurate than a ballistic one.

You can try to abuse the infinite mag and weapons with multiple parts, like the Scourge or Phage, may improve the change of procs, where as chaining weapons,may improve DPS.

Kuva weapons may have an advantage, as they have an innate elemental mod.

lf you go melee, it's proably best to use something with high range, or a shield, or a passive effect.
It's best to avoid range limited and triggering weapons, as the AI may mess up and unlike Equinox's clone, falloff is applied.

Abilities aren't used very often, so pick ones that are useful and where the effect will last, eg: Nidus' strength boost; Nezah's self-ward, ect.

Things like osprey spectre, ancient spectres and healing ability can keep Tenno spectres alive longer.

Do check out the wiki page to see which abilities are used and how often, some just aren't.

Also, Vapor spectres are normally the way to go for value, Cosmic won't add as much if you deploy them both at high levels, eg, steel-path.

43 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Oh... for me its Wisp Specter with The Exergis... i cant imagine anything stronger.

Wisp gives solid reliable Buffs and the Exergis has 2 Main Advantages. 

1) Has Slash so it can deal with Armor

2) Has Radiation so it will Disable Ancient Heal Auras. And can CC through Rad Procs.

The Exergis has innately high base Status Chance so that just makes it an obvious choice i think... why would you use anything else ?

Exergis is a really good choice, though purely for procs, things like the Scourge and Phage should out proc it, as each packet has multiple chances to proc.

Still Exergis rules damage-wise and apart from Phage as a viral applicator, is probably the best way to go, except maybe some of the max-element kuva weapons.

2 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

Exergis is a really good choice, though purely for procs, things like the Scourge and Phage should out proc it, as each packet has multiple chances to proc.

Yeah but do you really need Corrosive and Viral ? 

I dont think those scale well with Specters as much as Slash Does. 

Still Exergis rules damage-wise and apart from Phage as a viral applicator, is probably the best way to go, except maybe some of the max-element kuva weapons.

Im hoping that one day Specters can be Modded. 😛

Also, Vapor spectres are normally the way to go for value, Cosmic won't add as much if you deploy them both at high levels, eg, steel-path.

AHA !!! I KNEW IT !!! 

Archived