Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mecha suits : Archwing 2.0 ?

White_Matter

On the Other hand, they are at least not prevewing things years before finish, and are making at least textual referances back to Litches.

We're all here beacse we like the game lets actually enjoy some exitment before we get all negitave? pleanty of time for that when it hits.

3 hours ago, White_Matter said:

We all know what happened since then.

Do we though? I really like Archwing, it's in a good shape. I want modular Archwings and more game modes. This should have been prioritized before the damn mechs. Steve's ADHD I guess. 

My prediction is that mechs will be kinda garbage initially, and then revamped in a year. I won't be grinding for them, don't even like the Warhammer 40k theme. 

Personally I have minor hopes that they may one day be added in as an option to Railjack.

Think the raw muscle and power to the finesse and speed of Archwings.

Also space battles in a Mech are cool and not nearly enough games capture that feeling, they usually focus on grounded combat.

We were pretty hyped when Archwing was first introduced. We all know what happened since then. Frame gameplay is so much more interesting and more critical, that playing with Archwing felt like a redundant game mechanic, and even with the introduction of open worlds, they served nothing more than a taxi to go from point A to B. 

I get a feeling that the new Mecha suits will end up pretty much the same. You'll take it for a spin once or twice, and then you'll go back to pressing 4 to nuke the entire map. 

Thoughts on this ?

I, for myself, disagree...

Railjack, regardless of the lack of mission variety or direction, offered enough complications (think of a timepiece as opposed to difficulty) to actually be fun.

The question is whether they will employ that type of build variety in modular mech-suit design ... It's possible since they are moving in that direction with modular AW's too at some point.

For my part, as much as I love WF, I have done it for 7+ years and enjoy the change of pace that gameplay like mech-suits will offer.

Likewise, I don't P4TW so these gameplay differences don't equate to "more work" to me.

40 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I, for myself, disagree...

Railjack, regardless of the lack of mission variety or direction, offered enough complications (think of a timepiece as opposed to difficulty) to actually be fun.

The question is whether they will employ that type of build variety in modular mech-suit design ... It's possible since they are moving in that direction with modular AW's too at some point.

For my part, as much as I love WF, I have done it for 7+ years and enjoy the change of pace that gameplay like mech-suits will offer.

Likewise, I don't P4TW so these gameplay differences don't equate to "more work" to me.

Railjack was fun. "Was." Burned out pretty quickly. I know the word is tossed around alot, but it is true in this case. It is a massive content island and will be pretty much wasted content if they don't find a way to bring it back online.

And btw I don't see how you could compare Mech-suits to Railjack gameplay. Apples and oranges. That is why I drew the comparison to Archwings. 

And I'd very much like them to spend their time on something other than modular archwings. The reason why AW's are not popular isn't because of the lack of variety. It is because of the gameplay element being much more stale compared to Warframes.

I say it’s more ways to play the game without breaking or overtaking existing ones. Maybe you’re bored using your Warframe so you use those mechs to freshen up the experience.

The mechs will probably offer more tanking capabilities than a regular Warframe or the world bosses of Deimos requires it.

Idk i dont really expect anything,Everytime de has overhyped something they just release it raw and unfinished and completely forget about it,heck remember railjack when it was so hyped yet ended up as a shotty spaceish shooter game with only 3 proximas.

So ye my expectation is low with like any kind of weird gimmick they try to get into this game,even tho as a concept is pretty cool.

Railjack was fun. "Was." Burned out pretty quickly. I know the word is tossed around alot, but it is true in this case. It is a massive content island and will be pretty much wasted content if they don't find a way to bring it back online.

Eh, I'm on the flip side of that coin... I absolutely knew that the mission depth of it wasn't there from launch. So when I did jump into it, the actual aspects of the gameplay itself are what stood out for me and keep me out there piloting.

I agree that they need to be generating content for it though 100%.

And btw I don't see how you could compare Mech-suits to Railjack gameplay. Apples and oranges. That is why I drew the comparison to Archwings. 

Because the mechsuit gameplay looks more like the gameplay from Railjack with the screen-wide HUD as opposed to the AW gameplay which is more reminiscent of frame gameplay itself. Put simply, it's obvious that you are piloting something in the mechsuits and railjacks and it's not for Frames or AW. 

And I'd very much like them to spend their time on something other than modular archwings. The reason why AW's are not popular isn't because of the lack of variety. It is because of the gameplay element being much more stale compared to Warframes.

Completely respect your stance... I would counter that the reason for why AW isn't more popular has more to do with how many practical uses it actually offers...which is few.

AW is a glorified taxi in Open Worlds. That's it.

That's not to say that there aren't other maps where it could be used... they just don't allow AW as an option and haven't tailored much of the encounters to challenge/reward the use of them to begin with.

Even then though, it's still niche...I'd dig a couple of notches more refinement to it and a world like Uranus (which needs to be redone anyway) to be re-worked to showcase how good it could be.

Mechsuits will be niche as well but in different ways...

1. It's ground based and offers a mechwarrior playstyle that frames don't and isn't limited to a need for air combat/travel to be viable.

2. No one complains about Arch-guns because they can always find a use for more power.

I expect Mechsuits to work pretty much the same way as Arch-Guns in regard to player adoption. 

Archived