Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should DE take Steel Path into consideration for Game balancing ?

White_Matter

2 hours ago, DeccanTraps said:

Define 'Best' also give DE makes nuke frames they clearly think they should exist, so extra credit will account for this and allow for a variety of play styles rather than 'Best = the way I like to play is rewarded, all other ways are punished'.

Best = most inclusive = most variety.

Under the assumption that a "good" build is an efficient one.

2 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Best = most inclusive = most variety.

Under the assumption that a "good" build is an efficient one.

Define 'inclusive' please? Inclusive as in 'accommodates the greatest range of builds ad frames' or 'accommodates the greatest range of skill profiles' I have seen both possibilities in this context railed against.

There's also 'efficient' which can vary in terms of actions taken time taken or attention required say.

What's with the fetish to balance anyway? I'm tired with the so called "balance" that makes you take the same amount of time to kill an enemy/boss no matter how hard I build myself. You grinded your life away to be the strongest in the universe but nooo... the good balance doesn't allow you to overpower this boss even on lower level because "balance" so you still need roughly the same time to whack this boss so what's the point of gaining more power? So no, there's no need to do something to have this "balance" bullcrap just because nuker can do their job and other roles happen to have nothing to do.

You still want it? You can bet on this Tenno to release the devil to make everything wreck you.

15 minutes ago, DeccanTraps said:

Define 'inclusive' please? Inclusive as in 'accommodates the greatest range of builds ad frames' or 'accommodates the greatest range of skill profiles' I have seen both possibilities in this context railed against.

There's also 'efficient' which can vary in terms of actions taken time taken or attention required say.

Ok, to clarify how I'm thinking:

Basic Star Chart/Sortie type content is not very inclusive of various builds and weapons because the most EFFICIENT way to blaze through this content is with a frame or weapon that nukes the entire tileset in under a second.

For example, when you join a basic Star Chart mission (or open world) with a Saryn or Mesa, all the low lvl enemies are instantly decimated, and there is nothing left to kill. Then you have things like the Amprex. I call this anti-fun, anti-coop game design. Before I started doing endurance content like Arbies, I had a miserable time doing Star Chart missions because I didn't enjoy playing brainless nuke frames.

You see this less in Steel Path. You can actually use more frames and more weapons, because the brainless nuke builds (other than Khora of course) hit a wall against the high EHP enemies. For the first time, DE has released content that pushes back A BIT against the meta. So this is where balancing can begin.

6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

What's with the fetish to balance anyway? I'm tired with the so called "balance" that makes you take the same amount of time to kill an enemy/boss no matter how hard I build myself. You grinded your life away to be the strongest in the universe but nooo... the good balance doesn't allow you to overpower this boss even on lower level because "balance" so you still need roughly the same time to whack this boss so what's the point of gaining more power? So no, there's no need to do something to have this "balance" bullcrap just because nuker can do their job and other roles happen to have nothing to do.

You still want it? You can bet on this Tenno to release the devil to make everything wreck you.

It's not a fetish you baddie.

For players who wish to complete content efficiently, there is just a handful of frames and weapons that faceroll all the content. There's not enough build variety due to the uncontrolled power creep.

9 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

It's not a fetish you baddie.

For players who wish to complete content efficiently, there is just a handful of frames and weapons that faceroll all the content. There's not enough build variety due to the uncontrolled power creep.

And how steel path makes it a good balance benchmark when it narrows down number of builds being viable where builds outside the most efficient are useless, making less variety? Also, no matter how much you buff, I don't think a support like Trinity will faceroll as efficient as saryn

17 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

You see this less in Steel Path. You can actually use more frames and more weapons, because the brainless nuke builds (other than Khora of course) hit a wall against the high EHP enemies. For the first time, DE has released content that pushes back A BIT against the meta. So this is where balancing can begin

And I believe the answer is more brainless nuke builds that pushes out more damage from this community because working together is not a thing that should be forced in this community

YES when you encounter illogical things in SP.  I'm going to point two obvious things as example, everyone who has done SP knows quite well what I'm talking about:

- Infested have 0 scalling. I genuinely can't make the difference between a lvl10 and a lvl200 ancient healer. The issue De will never acknowledge for infested is that they scale only hp, but DE balance things against greener who have effective hps inflated, EHP scalling is kind of exponential because of how damage reduction works. Thus, it is impossible to balance the game for infested ^^. Greeners get stronger, you get better gear for them but in the meantime you end up one shoting every infested unit for life,

- Primary and Secondary weapons are unable to function properly without extreme amount of buffing while some melee weapons shred in SP without any form of support. My kuva quartakk with god riven was barely able to headshot kill lancers in mercury for example while with a venka prime a forward moving spinning clears anything around you moving forward on the tileset. I forgot about using Quartakk later down the line even for bosses, while it had a kind of extremly high end single target sustained and burst dps for the record.

There are case by case stuffs to add, but when you play SP, that nonsense bites you hard. It really felt bad for the game at some points.

Archived