Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies falling off the map...the outcome?

(PSN)Ozymandias-13-

Question

There's been a few abilities people say are worth using for their ability to "delete" enemies off the map, such as Switch Teleport, Push and Pull. By "delete" I mean knocking the enemies into the ditches and such that reset players when we fall in, in order to kill those enemies.

I've been trying to confirm if there is any actual benefit to this or if it is just a waste of energy. Through my research I've found inconsistent reports of how this turns out. In some cases enemies are simply teleported back on to solid ground ready to fight again. In other reports those enemies do die, but do not provide any affinity or drops.

I cannot find any confirmation that you gain affinity or drops from knocking enemies off the map which would make it pointless since affinity and drops are probably 99% of the game. Can anyone confirm the outcome of this for me? Thanks.

9 answers to this question

An enemy falling into the no man's zone is more often times than naught, simply a lack of respawn into the game. 

No resources and definitely no affinity. 

It probably has the same limitations as when we over-calculate and end up falling into the same area and have a Warframe always-on ability reset (like Iron Skin for example).  

We often don't see/feel it in missions like Hydron, Sedna because the amount of enemies falling into the no man's zone is far outweighed by the hoards of enemies charging to the defense point to destroy it only to meet their fates at the hands of the Tenno running the mission: usually falling well under the 2% rule of data loss 

Saw this yesterday running a mission.  Grineer would spawn, run around a bit, then run off an edge.  Within a few seconds would respawn and repeat the cycle.  Just a glitch in the pathing.  So, I don't think causing this on purpose would provide any benefit since the NPC is not actually being killed or removed from the instance.

It might be mission dependant, I've seen plenty of "marked" (missing health, armor, affected by status...) enemies fall off no man areas and soon after coming trough a door to greet me once more. 

Capture targets do get teleported to a safe area so... 

Never fully tested it tough. 

Never tested it but once I was doing an exterminate and some enemies fell off map, they didn't count towards the kills. Guess they really just disappear from the game or they respawn somewhere for missions that need certain amount of kills.

I don't know exactly what all the out comes are but I'm pretty certain that if an enemy is Respawn ed after falling... The game will respawn that enemy from the same Spawn Closet as all the other Enemies.... If you are a Defense Tile..  you can see this happen with your Spectres. Tag them... If they fall..  the game respawns them from wherever all the other enemies are coming from.

Archived