Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd suggest keeping the MR requirement for Helminth at 15

(PSN)Yes-Man-Kablaam

The reason being for this is 8 is a bit low since to really start exploring this it's best to be familiar with a most or all of the warframes. I'd even go as far to say you'd need 25 different warframes mastered at least as making this so early can lead to mistakes from still relatively new players as the early MR requirements fly by pretty fast, discourage really using a lot of frames due to subsuming an ability and never really exploring the frame itself it just feels pretty early to start picking apart frames and  MR 15 itself isn't an outlier of MR as you need it around that high for rivens anyways. Unless helminth itself is required for Heart of Deimos content itself I'd encourage keeping the requirement to 15 or at least 12. Just my thoughts on it.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah.... What other players decided to do with their Warframe's is none of your business and it's you don't get to have a say in whether or not they should have access to this feature.....

Wow, thanks for being absolutely no help whatsoever.

It doesn’t matter what we have final say on or not. The point is DE made an awful choice with these Helminth nerfs and people have every right to voice their displeasure with it. And these forums are used to give feedback. If DE was smart they would actually listen to this feedback and revert the nerfs and MR decrease and buff the bad abilities. Because apparently we have to be the ones to tell DE how to properly make their game even after 7 years.

I completely disagree because MR is not a metric of anything meaningful.

Leveling a Hind doesn't teach a player anything...except maybe that the Hind isn't a good weapon. As long as the concept of "MR fodder" is a thing then MR will forever be cheap words that hold no value except to Riven hoarders.

If you wanted it behind something like The Sacrifice, which is behind actual star chart progression and actual minimal effort to complete the main quests then sure. But if the only reason that keeps coming up is disingenuous "concern" for new players or positing that MR has any value past convenience then I will have to say a hard no every time.

49 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Wow, thanks for being absolutely no help whatsoever.

You were expecting otherwise ? 😮

50 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It doesn’t matter what we have final say on or not. The point is DE made an awful choice with these Helminth nerfs and people have every right to voice their displeasure with it.

Then do that.... It's got nothing to do with MR...

53 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If DE was smart they would actually listen to this feedback and revert the nerfs and MR decrease and buff the bad abilities

Well to be fair...  DE only requested that players give feedback.... They never asked for any solutions (this something I only noticed recently with alot of Developers).... 

Personally I don't know how to feel about the Helminth system since I feel like it's going to get in the way of ability Reworks....

55 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because apparently we have to be the ones to tell DE how to properly make their game even after 7 years.

Indeed we are... But like I said. They don't want solutions... Atleast not from us. I think they want to get there on their own... Must be a pride thing.

40 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I completely disagree because MR is not a metric of anything meaningful.

Leveling a Hind doesn't teach a player anything...except maybe that the Hind isn't a good weapon. As long as the concept of "MR fodder" is a thing then MR will forever be cheap words that hold no value except to Riven hoarders.

If you wanted it behind something like The Sacrifice, which is behind actual star chart progression and actual minimal effort to complete the main quests then sure. But if the only reason that keeps coming up is disingenuous "concern" for new players or positing that MR has any value past convenience then I will have to say a hard no every time.

Preach !!! 

Forget the MR being a Measure of any skill or not

There's still an important reason why it Helminth should be kept at a high MR lock: Sales!

With a high MR cap, then new players will be encouraged to Buy more Slots to stockpile their Warframes, since they cannot simply feed them to Helminth immediately to make room for the next Frame to Master.

-I'm sure we've all done that when we were new? instead of buying a Slot we choose to cheap out and just delete the Frame? Well a High Helminth MR Lock will Discourage that behavior.

And that's a Good Thing for DE. More Slot Sales!

Keep it at mr15 DE, it's better for business!

5 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Forget the MR being a Measure of any skill or not

There's still an important reason why it Helminth should be kept at a high MR lock: Sales!

With a high MR cap, then new players will be encouraged to Buy more Slots to stockpile their Warframes, since they cannot simply feed them to Helminth immediately to make room for the next Frame to Master.

-I'm sure we've all done that when we were new? instead of buying a Slot we choose to cheap out and just delete the Frame? Well a High Helminth MR Lock will Discourage that behavior.

And that's a Good Thing for DE. More Slot Sales!

Keep it at mr15 DE, it's better for business!

Wrong pair of letters, EA's feedback forums are that way ->

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

You were expecting otherwise ? 😮

Then do that.... It's got nothing to do with MR...

Well to be fair...  DE only requested that players give feedback.... They never asked for any solutions (this something I only noticed recently with alot of Developers).... 

Personally I don't know how to feel about the Helminth system since I feel like it's going to get in the way of ability Reworks....

That’s the thing tho. The system would’ve been great for finding what abilities to rework. But instead DE decided they just want this system to be a flashy gimmick that they don’t want people to use.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That’s the thing tho. The system would’ve been great for finding what abilities to rework. 

I don't know how that's Possible...

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But instead DE decided they just want this system to be a flashy gimmick that they don’t want people to use.

Classic DE....

I saw someone say on twitter as a suggestion that the start of the helminth system should be MR8 (Infestation abilites) & Subsuming Warframes should be MR 15, I find this to be reasonable but part of me would rather have no MR requirement with the helminth system but instead the players must do War Within & Infested open world quest (as each open world has a quest tied to them) then get to rank 3 for the helminth system to use it.

Archived