Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the New player experience....

0_The_F00l

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

See there's an interesting thing about the new player experience.  

Way back about 4 years ago a friend introduced me to Warframe.  When I made an account, I had teamed with him for a few missions.  He was blazing through them so fast that I was missing all kinds of details, etc.  So I quickly set the game to solo mode and went my merry way very happily.  After doing that, I was able to learn all kinds of things directly from the game itself and the during the missions.  

I created a second account when Spectors of the Rails update hit with the changes to the Star chart and new player progression changes.  I did this just to see how different things would be.  I instantly noticed a more obvious progression path to the Star Chart and quests.  

I've said all that as a point that this issue with the new player experience might not be as much DE's or the games fault as it is with how much the players in groups blaze through everything without really taking anything in. 

I even noticed this very same thing with the new content that just dropped.  Players are jumping on the forums complaining about nothing being explained.  When it really was but they just weren't paying attention.  

That's just my 2 cents from my experiences and what I've noticed on the forums.  

Edit: This is not to say that it couldn't be better.  More a statement that players need to also start holding themselves accountable for some things as well.  

It is always suggested to play solo early cause it can suck out your fun being carried everywhere (the game poorly matches players based on level).

My point is whatever current "changes" were made to the tutorial quest , they were only cosmetic. there is no actual added assist to new players.

The ones that were going to be lost will still be lost the exact same way as before , those that were gonna struggle though will struggle through.

A "new player experience" should be more than just a reskin of the tutorial.

I was there when the star chart was just a bunch of planets with sectors around them like a pie chart so i know it has gotten better over the years but there weren't as many mechanics as there are now..

24 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

It is always suggested to play solo early cause it can suck out your fun being carried everywhere (the game poorly matches players based on level).

My point is whatever current "changes" were made to the tutorial quest , they were only cosmetic. there is no actual added assist to new players.

The ones that were going to be lost will still be lost the exact same way as before , those that were gonna struggle though will struggle through.

A "new player experience" should be more than just a reskin of the tutorial.

I was there when the star chart was just a bunch of planets with sectors around them like a pie chart so i know it has gotten better over the years but there weren't as many mechanics as there are now..

Fair enough.  😄  

Spoiler

For me modding was straight forward pretty much.  Just reading the mod descriptions and experimenting to see what I liked. 

I tend to think that the New Player Experience needs to put more narrative beyond the Vor quest to give over all direction to where players could go. Also, they should probably gate those multitude of systems behind mastery rank so new players are not overwhelmed by so much stuff they have to worry about.  Lastly, the UI for the game needs to be completely revamped for new players.

14 hours ago, (NSW)niniendowarrior said:

I tend to think that the New Player Experience needs to put more narrative beyond the Vor quest to give over all direction to where players could go. Also, they should probably gate those multitude of systems behind mastery rank so new players are not overwhelmed by so much stuff they have to worry about.  Lastly, the UI for the game needs to be completely revamped for new players.

they need is to drip feed the sistem one sistem per step on the quest and teach demonstrating what sistem does on the quest instead of overview them and just send directly to kill vor

I whose expecting more and something to do with old war and creating operator from beginning and fighting dax soldiers... But what we got its just little better looking map and that all... Its better to just give us captura for this improve map... And maybe change old earth to look more to this new earth that we got in this quest.... 

15 hours ago, (NSW)niniendowarrior said:

I agree 100% they need to introduced much more and add more things, and not just improving map and thats it... Waiting for this to come more then a year and this is all we got

As a person who has repeatedly tried to get into Warframe from PC to PS4 and now to NSW as my third attempt (and of which I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times before finally understanding more of it), there's just too little direction and too little assistance for new players and there's so much lore jargons and new systems clogging up the scene that it was hard to really appreciate.

Mastery Rank, I think, is the perfect way to gently introduce the games' other systems.  Also, I would suggest putting clear Mastery Rank gates and some narrative context as to why player should be aiming to beat the planet junctions instead of having to discover it by clicking around.  Also, there should be real alternate Warframe options accessible to players after the first 3 choices.  While you can pick up blueprints for say Rhino, you only are really able to craft it when you have progressed several planets in.  Getting stuck on the 1 Warframe for the first few planets can really make the game monotonous.  If you want players to explore, then, give them options to try other Warframes.

Anyway, my (other) two cents for those who are willing to listen.  I will say that the new DE awakened quest is a step in the right direction but it shouldn't be the only thing revamped.

Archived