Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tencent has Bought Leyou Technologies

(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom

2 hours ago, Angwah said:

Perhaps it is not necessary, who knows? We lack the figures of how many new players start and more importantly stick around, so perhaps all is well. But having started the game around December/January, I think that in order to grow beyond where they are now, I think it would be necessary. Anyway, that is another discussion.

I think it's necessary. I don't care if it brings in a whole lot of new players or none. It's necessary when there are older areas of the game that are low-quality and poorly designed. I'm talking animations, textures, geometry, boss fights, story progression, etc. I've been playing this game for 7 years. You've been playing since December/January and you recognize it. It is obvious that the game needs improvements, particularly older content. And I agree that they really need a separate team that is dedicated to doing that and has the capability and time to do that while the main team is putting out new content.

I wasn't a fan of Tencent buying Leyou because I don't have confidence that they'll care about anything other than profits. I wanted Sony to buy Leyou because I know they care about their image as seen through the quality of their games, and I was hoping that they'd push DE to improve the quality of their game, particularly the older content. Tencent is the new owner. I hope that they won't just be hands-off with Warframe and I hope they won't just push DE to bring in more money. I want them to put money into DE in order to help them acquire more talent, build up their game engine capabilities, and improve the quality of the older parts of the game. I don't think that's going to happen, but I hope it does.

Y'know, it's been half a week - more since this 'news' came out and still when I put 'Leyou Buyout' into Google, which offered mostly up-to-date information thus far, and nobody other source has reported on this, including official channels.

I'm not saying it's a hoax or something, and it might still be true, but I am saying it's really strange that a buyout that was getting a good 3-4 headlines with every change in proceedings has suddenly gone completely radio silent in the conclusion save one source.

28 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Y'know, it's been half a week - more since this 'news' came out and still when I put 'Leyou Buyout' into Google, which offered mostly up-to-date information thus far, and nobody other source has reported on this, including official channels.

I'm not saying it's a hoax or something, and it might still be true, but I am saying it's really strange that a buyout that was getting a good 3-4 headlines with every change in proceedings has suddenly gone completely radio silent in the conclusion save one source.

That's because they haven't actually purchased them. They've come to an agreement. But the thing is, they have to jump through a bunch of hoops before Tencent can write that cheque.

Here's the PDF in question from Leyou (which the link that OP brought up used as the source): http://northeurope.blob.euroland.com/press-releases-attachments/1245770/HKEX-EPS_20200827_9415789_0.PDF

If you look closely, you'll see that it's just saying that the are planning to buy Leyou with the conditions laid out in the PDF. It also mentions what needs to happen in order for them to actually do everything laid out in the PDF. For example, I see that the Canadian government and US government has to approve the purchase (think I saw two more countries, but I'll have to re-read it again).

So it hasn't happened yet. Now I'm not saying that it won't pass through and Leyou won't be officially purchased by Tencent (because I think that, ultimately, it'll pass through), but to say that Leyou is officially part of Tencent right now is wrong... at this current moment in time.

22 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

That's because they haven't actually purchased them. They've come to an agreement. But the thing is, they have to jump through a bunch of hoops before Tencent can write that cheque.

Here's the PDF in question from Leyou (which the link that OP brought up used as the source): http://northeurope.blob.euroland.com/press-releases-attachments/1245770/HKEX-EPS_20200827_9415789_0.PDF

If you look closely, you'll see that it's just saying that the are planning to buy Leyou with the conditions laid out in the PDF. It also mentions what needs to happen in order for them to actually do everything laid out in the PDF. For example, I see that the Canadian government and US government has to approve the purchase (think I saw two more countries, but I'll have to re-read it again).

So it hasn't happened yet. Now I'm not saying that it won't pass through and Leyou won't be officially purchased by Tencent (because I think that, ultimately, it'll pass through), but to say that Leyou is officially part of Tencent right now is wrong... at this current moment in time.

In short - journalist (and this thread) jumped the gun.

I think the only real barrier to this would be the current political climate. Whilst, as many people have pointed out, Tencent isn't anywhere near a 100% Chinese owned company, and I'm not sure how it is in Canada right now, but that's the only possible barrier I see right now.

It's also still possible either side could decide to back out of the deal for whatever reason for reasons as yet unknown. Who knows, Tencent might decide to chicken out if they don't think Deimos did well enough, or Leyou might decide to risk staying independent if they think it did tremendously. Activision dropped Destiny after what the community considered to be one of it's most successful updates. God knows how these companies think sometimes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, yoelherox said:

i just got back playing warframe..

And you decided to post this uninteresting news in this absolutely uninteresting thread?

I mean, kudos for the consistency. But what even went into your head. "Oh there's a silly thread going on about Tencent buying Leyou Technologies. That is definitely the right place to say that I got back playing Warframe. It belongs into the topic."

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

And you decided to post this uninteresting news in this absolutely uninteresting thread?

I mean, kudos for the consistency. But what even went into your head. "Oh there's a silly thread going on about Tencent buying Leyou Technologies. That is definitely the right place to say that I got back playing Warframe. It belongs into the topic."

and you decided di reply to this uninteresting reply, i mean its not a wrong thing, you did it too right?

29 minutes ago, yoelherox said:

and you decided di reply to this uninteresting reply, i mean its not a wrong thing, you did it too right?

The difference between the two of us is that I don't go around nekroing useless threads.

Anyway. Welcome back to the game. Happy you picked the game up again. I hope that you'll have fun and that you'll discover the mysteries of posting in the right threads.

18 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

The difference between the two of us is that I don't go around nekroing useless threads.

Anyway. Welcome back to the game. Happy you picked the game up again. I hope that you'll have fun and that you'll discover the mysteries of posting in the right threads.

posting useless threads to replying to a useless threads, idk but i found that more useless, thanks btw.

Archived