Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thaumica is ridiculous.

Asdryu

Never cared and never moaned about a particular resource in the game, but this one is just a complete insult to everyone's time.
Goodness I could finish the steel path and get the Crania Ephemera by the time I'll finish needing this ONE SPECIFIC resource
DE7uuhs.jpg

I think the computerized RNG of Warframe has been pretty broken in some instances. I've never opened my mouth about this before, but sometimes it can jar the same record for more than what I think it should. This sometimes benefits you a lot, sometimes robs a lot of your time for nothing.

there's several different ways to get Thaumica, i recommend using all of them together. and just that in general - if you use all of the methods available to you, which can be done alongside each other essentially - things will go much nicer.

Thaumica was one of the things i had the least of by the time i had the Blueprints for the Mech - but i played some more and covered that. because of using every method available alongside each other, most of this stuff i actually had more than enough just by accident.

and i don't buy Boosters or use Charm.

Well, I'll use those methods. Mined the infested tunnel and the isolation vault clean, same for a random infested seraglio's cave and had the bless of having a KHRA reactive crystal
Let's see the spoils
 gUEi9Ef.jpghiBBu5q.jpg

Did I also mention how baffling high the droprate of the Bapholite is? And I gotta thank the cat there for giving me the charm at such a timing, or that would've been less than 8

one of the things i hate about mining is that you do way more work for very little. a three drill spot node should result in 3 different ore types (on success of each minigame), instead you get a three drill spot and only get 1 type of ore (2 if you're lucky). the drill spot with 2 notches in it should allow you to stop at the first and then allow you to try and get the second. 

they could also just scrap the silly minigames and just give 2-3 types or ore. the mining we have now is just bad and needs improvement.

1 hour ago, Asdryu said:

Let's see the spoils

sdw32WC.png

i didn't login for the update for the first time until Friday, the current Friday i haven't played Warframe yet today.
no Boosters, no Charm - the longest playtime of any of the 6 days was roughly 7 hours, of about 4 hours of Isolation Vaults plus some Mining Fishing and Hunting here and there. most days more like 2-3 or maybe 4 though.
other days a mixture of some Isolation Vaults, other Bounties, and again mixture of Mining Fishing and Hunting.
Obelisks sometimes when i come across them and feel like doing them.

so i've collected 207 Thaumica with the mentioned details in the mentioned timeframe. Players could certainly be a lot more aggressive with acquisition than i have been.
it's a Resource you're not going to have a lot of. but you also have literally no use for more than 130 of it currently.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

one of the things i hate about mining is that you do way more work for very little. a three drill spot node should result in 3 different ore types

the drill spot with 2 notches in it should allow you to stop at the first and then allow you to try and get the second. 

when you get the bonus boxes you definitely can. when you don't get them i would agree that it would be preferable if you could get more of the one Resource that you will get. 

conceptually, i'm very okay with generally having to choose - either focus on getting more of the Resources you'll already get, or go for the bonus box to get another Resource type.

52 minutes ago, taiiat said:

when you get the bonus boxes you definitely can. when you don't get them i would agree that it would be preferable if you could get more of the one Resource that you will get. 

conceptually, i'm very okay with generally having to choose - either focus on getting more of the Resources you'll already get, or go for the bonus box to get another Resource type.

too many times ive mined, hit all 3 spots successfully and gotten one type of ore. mining is a pretty draining process if you are doing it for any length of time. to have all that work and the majority of mining nodes with 3 spots only awarding one type of ore on success is no good. 

people already dont like mining, and even though i dont mind the extra activities mining does not feel good to do imo. it feels like work rather than an activity in a video game. 

i got a Login Booster, sooo - i went and did some stuff.
S5JIzSR.jpg

disclaimer: i spent about the first 40 Minutes Mining, after that it was about 99% Fishing and Hunting. there's some Fish cut off the bottom to not have to make the Image 3 tiles long and we're talking about rocks anyways.
the rate at any particular moment seemed to fluctuate between 1/3 Thaumica for Bapholite, and 1/4.

not that i suggest meandering around the Landscape for hours at a time - these things can be done while you're in the middle of Bounties. Isolation Vaults have a lot of Mining Nodes in them, other Bounties regularly go by bodies of 'Water' and Infested growths with Mining Nodes, Et Cetera.
it takes quite a few days to Rank up with these Syndicates to begin with, by the time you could even spend significant amounts of Thaumica you surely would have collected some by then. there's not much of a rush right when you start playing the update since you can't do anything with the resource yet.

Yeh this resource is ridiculous hard to find. I've tried to did it for hours, both fass and vome cycle. Nevetheless I haven't got more than 100 pieces. I've tried to get it on all kind of terrains.

Also about the Necrathene, at 1st I got them quite easy as soon as I try mining. Then in next mining hours they only appear 2 times. So this feel like another sharing chance system among the sever.

On 2020-09-05 at 2:11 AM, EinheriarJudith said:

one of the things i hate about mining is that you do way more work for very little. a three drill spot node should result in 3 different ore types (on success of each minigame), instead you get a three drill spot and only get 1 type of ore (2 if you're lucky). the drill spot with 2 notches in it should allow you to stop at the first and then allow you to try and get the second. 

they could also just scrap the silly minigames and just give 2-3 types or ore. the mining we have now is just bad and needs improvement.

Im all up for scrapping the minigames because its already boring even if you dont do them. Currently Ive resorted to passively mining them while I do other missions, without doing the minigame. Gets me less gems per vein but its much less annoying and I get the mission rewards too. 

Of course I dont do it in critical mission moments though, dont want to risk failing it because of that. 

Regarding the Thaumatica droprate, strangely Ive had a stack of 100 sitting in the inventory for a good while even though Ive spent a lot on tokens too. Maybe Im lucky. 

14 hours ago, Twilight-Knight said:

Yeh this resource is ridiculous hard to find. I've tried to did it for hours, both fass and vome cycle. Nevetheless I haven't got more than 100 pieces. I've tried to get it on all kind of terrains.

Also about the Necrathene, at 1st I got them quite easy as soon as I try mining. Then in next mining hours they only appear 2 times. So this feel like another sharing chance system among the sever.

there's a post before yours where someone farmed 198 thaumica in 2h, among a plethora of other resources.

after that post, what you said doesn't seem relevant at all. 

1 hour ago, Traubenzuckr said:

there's a post before yours where someone farmed 198 thaumica in 2h, among a plethora of other resources.

2hrs of a boring grind plus his login booster. did you even see how much bapholite he got? that ratio is absolute BS. the op's complaint is valid. DE does this crap all the time with new releases. 

Launch new release whose grind is so heavy you need boosters, after people have bought boosters or whatever plat way to skip the grind, they then reduce the grind. Did people actually forget the drones in railjack before they removed them? drones they would have left in if no one complained about it. 

5 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

2hrs of a boring grind plus his login booster. did you even see how much bapholite he got? that ratio is absolute BS. the op's complaint is valid. DE does this crap all the time with new releases. 

Launch new release whose grind is so heavy you need boosters, after people have bought boosters or whatever plat way to skip the grind, they then reduce the grind. Did people actually forget the drones in railjack before they removed them? drones they would have left in if no one complained about it. 

2h to get a large portion of all the resources needed from deimos.

after he posted that image, nothing of what you are saying has any meaning or relevance for anyone, other than to prove you like to complain. 

I was fortunate enough to get most of the Thaumica I needed out of 1 node (Many thanks to Erebrandir the wunder-cat), but I agree that it seems disproportionately unlikely to acquire (same with Necrathene). I seem to get a decent amount out of Obelisks and they give fishing resources at the same time, so I'd recommend activating those whenever you see them.

On 2020-09-05 at 4:43 PM, taiiat said:

i got a Login Booster, sooo - i went and did some stuff.

I just noticed something... how did you get an odd amount of Fass Residue (and why did you get so little of both residues)? 

On 2020-09-05 at 4:43 PM, taiiat said:

the rate at any particular moment seemed to fluctuate between 1/3 Thaumica for Bapholite, and 1/4.

I disagree, my rates seem much closer to 1:8 for Thaumica:Bapholite. Still, anecdotes will be anecdotal.

1 hour ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I just noticed something... how did you get an odd amount of Fass Residue (and why did you get so little of both residues)? 

I disagree, my rates seem much closer to 1:8 for Thaumica:Bapholite. Still, anecdotes will be anecdotal.

i wasn't there for Residue specifically, just picked up whatever i came across (and spent most of my time in Caves shooting at Infested Rocks or flying around shooting at wildlife). also Boosters don't work on Residue, if that's part of why you're confused.

yeah, perceptions may vary. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Launch new release whose grind is so heavy you need boosters

i specifically noted that i did 99% of the Mining in the first 40 Minutes. that was not 2 Hours of Mining. one is obviously significantly rarer than the other, though you also need Thaumica for very few things currently so i'm still trying to figure out an appropriate estimate of how much impact that it makes in the short term.

that Booster i got was not necessary by any means - by the time i got to the Syndicate Ranks that i could actually build the things that require them in this Update, i had enough that i could build all of those things. the only thing that is disproportionate in my eyes is how much Thaumica Otak requests from you for Mining Tokens. rather than ~20 probably more appropriate to be ~10.
and as i noted very specifically, i did not use any Boosters nor Charm in collecting those Resources either. not even free Boosters. and i didn't login to play the Update until Friday either, when Deimos was released on a Tuesday. i did some of this, some of that. 

18 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

Just because one person got such drops for him it does mean for everyone else ?

And take it more clear as I assumed it was a sharing system across the servers, so whatever your meaning about our complaining is futial or it is absurd, it is still very relevant. Unless you have no idea what I've said.

I just spent an hour strictly mining and doing the obelisks, and came away with 14 thaumica in total, 6 from one totem and 8 from another, and that's with the double-booster. The rate is absolutely abysmal, especially when coupled with how scarce orange veins themselves seem to be and how they sometimes spawn in inaccessible areas.

4eQmQ6w.png

Do not MINE for it, you'll be wasting your time.

Go into the Drift and do the Obelisks, I accumulated around 60 of it the other night in the span of 1-2 hours doing that.  By the time you've run through them the first will be ready to go again.  Just ignore specific ones like the drone one (or exit and enter to reset).  

EDIT: But if you need other minerals then go ahead and mine obviously.

Since people seem to think the drop chances for rare ore is somehow disparate with dirt common ore here, I'll provide some comparative context.

Let me excerpt from a little spreadsheet I have for the combined costs of making exhaustive modular combinations pre-Deimos, just to draw some parallels. This helps to provide a very big picture of what proportional expectations might be:

• PLAINS OF EIDOLON:
    • Ores
      • (C) Fersteel: 42610
      • (C) Coprite: 58885
      • (U) Pyrol: 104330
      • (R) Auroxium: 10080
    • Gems
      • (C) Azurite: 9660
      • (C) Devar: 9530
      • (U) Veridos: 6600
      • (R) Crimzian: 810
      • (L) Nyth: 98
      • (L) Sentirum: 98
  • ORB VALLIS:
    • Ores
      • (C) Venerdo: 43520
      • (C) Travocyte: 37440
      • (U?) Axidrol: 40800
      • (R) Hespazym: 21110
    • Gems
      • (C) Goblite: 12960
      • (C) Noctrul: 10320
      • (U) Phasmin: 12240
      • (R) Amarast: 4160
      • (L) Thyst: 735
      • (L) Zodian: 735

We can observe that DE doesn't know what uncommon means in relation to common, since the burdens on Pyrol, Axidrol and Phasmin are at least similar (Pyrol haunts my nightmares at its double-rate).

It should be mentioned however that fully half of the Hespazym costs is all in K-Drives, which are crazy priced. With and without that outlying factor we have the following approximate rare-to-common ratios:

POE Ore: 1 : 5.03

POE Gem: 1 : 11.8

OV Ore (incl KD): 1 : 1.9

OV Ore (excl KD): 1 : 3.2

OV Gem: 1 : 2.8

If we take @taiiat's output as an example, getting an approximate 1:3 to 1:4 rate is pretty much right where we expect. RNG obviously matters plenty, but the raw yield from nodes doesn't seem that abnormal.

Only if you judge overall, with the fact you do get extra common Cambion Drift ores from containers much more freely than the 'rare from a rare' of Thaumica showing up in the beacons or rare containers, are you more likely to see a comparative excess of Bapholite. Which is fine in itself, because you can just throw that excess in, with the plethora of common gems that accumulate from Iso Vaults and everyday gem node mining, for some extra Otak tokens.

That's not to say that mining is without problems - Fortuna-mode mining is extra timesink for a chance at more bonuses, but all bonuses are also Gems... leaving the Ore supply trailing sadly behind.

i was just reminded about Resource Chance Booster woes from past Landscapes - and that's probably what's happening here too. that having a Resource Chance Booster actually nerfs you, because it affects things in a way that it really shouldn't since it reduces the Chances for a lot of stuff in order to increase for a few things excessively.

tl;dr having a Resource Chance Booster, is probably actually nerfing yourself, again, just like on past Landscapes.

Archived