Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus ignores abilities

JackHargreav

9 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I'm not a video game designer or something like that but this is straight up crap enemy design.

And I kinda want to know how no one talks about this S#&$.

For those who don't want to watch the video, the enemies just ignore abilities. And this only happens with the Corpus.

My guess? Comba/Scrambus bug that makes enemies permanently immune to Warframe abilities.

It happens to me with Revenant all the time! I didn't know it could happen to other frames.

EDIT: Here's how the bug works on Revenant. You Enthrall enemies, then a Comba or Scrambus casts a nullification bubble. If the Comba/Scrambus casts the right debuff, Enthrall is nullified on the enemies. Almost always, those enemies cannot be Enthralled again. In fact, they cannot be stunned by Mesmer Skin (very bad for Revenant),

Here's what I think happened to you. Instead of Enthrall, you used Ensnare or Strangledome. A Comba or Scrambus miraculously casted a nullification bubble before being grabbed by the Strangledome. The debuff was the right type for Strangledome and it gave CC'd enemies the same permanent immunity to Warframe abilities as the Enthrall case.

2 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

It's called "a bug". What you do with it is you report it.

2 minutes ago, trst said:

A bug. You found a bug. Not intentional enemy design.

1/10 troll post, you get one point for me bothering to reply.

Ok let me clear this some things up. This has been a thing for a while and it only affected the Vallis enemies. Which I thought is a feature. And since the ship corpus also do this I thought this is also intentional.

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Well of life. But unfortunately this would happen even with unchanged frames.

It happens anywhere Comba/Scrambus spawn. I've reported it in PC Bugs about a year ago... never got fixed. Absolutely deadly for frames that use CC to survive.

4 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Right. I'm gonna also report this then.

You have a video which is more than I had (it also shows a nearby Comba/Scrambus). Let me see if I can find my post from a year ago about it happening with Revenant and Enthrall. Seems like it can happen to enemies that are under ability effects. If it really can happen on Khora and not just Revenant, then I imagine it will happen on say... Nyx (Chaos/Mind Control), Saryn (spores?), and other Warframes that stick abilities to enemies.

EDIT: Here's my post

It also happens outside of Orb Vallis. Most recently I've had it occur in Steel Path Ambulas (Comba/Scrambus come out with "Security Team deployed" message). I've seen it on Corpus Ship and Jupiter too. Absolutely deadly for Revenant. Can't Enthrall and Mesmer Skin doesn't stun shooters.

8 minutes ago, nslay said:

You have a video which is more than I had (it also shows a nearby Comba/Scrambus). Let me see if I can find my post from a year ago about it happening with Revenant and Enthrall. Seems like it can happen to enemies that are under ability effects. If it really can happen on Khora and not just Revenant, then I imagine it will happen on say... Nyx (Chaos/Mind Control), Saryn (spores?), and other Warframes that stick abilities to enemies.

EDIT: Here's my post

It also happens outside of Orb Vallis. Most recently I've had it occur in Steel Path Ambulas (Comba/Scrambus come out with "Security Team deployed" message). I've seen it on Corpus Ship and Jupiter too. Absolutely deadly for Revenant. Can't Enthrall and Mesmer Skin doesn't stun shooters.

Awesome. I really don't get how a bug like this exists when now we have content specifically with high level enemies.

1 minute ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

The hud size hurts

(btw, that's just a joke, you do you)

Lol. I had to scale it up because I have a small monitor. And also I got a headache with the original scale. Don't know why.

But it's a real curse when I'm doing bounties. The reward graphic pretty much obscures my view completely. xd

5 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Awesome. I really don't get how a bug like this exists when now we have content specifically with high level enemies.

It's pretty hard to reproduce. It doesn't seem to happen in Simulacrum and it doesn't always happen when Comba/Scrambus cast their nullify bubble (maybe needs to be a specific debuff type).

But I've had it happen on every single Corpus tile where Comba/Scrambus can spawn. And it's always as a result of a Comba/Scrambus bubble... always! Nullifiers are annoying, but this bug always has me treating Comba/Scrambus as priority #1 targets.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

It's pretty hard to reproduce. It doesn't seem to happen in Simulacrum and it doesn't always happen when Comba/Scrambus cast their nullify bubble (maybe needs to be a specific debuff type).

But I've had it happen on every single Corpus tile where Comba/Scrambus can spawn. And it's always as a result of a Comba/Scrambus bubble... always! Nullifiers are annoying, but this bug always has me treating Comba/Scrambus as priority #1 targets.

Thanks, that's a useful bit of info. I didn't observe this bug too much but now at least I know what causes it.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

Lol. I had to scale it up because I have a small monitor. And also I got a headache with the original scale. Don't know why.

But it's a real curse when I'm doing bounties. The reward graphic pretty much obscures my view completely. xd

Small monitor? How small are we talking?

Archived