Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the windshield looking things people put up in Eidolon fights?

setcamper

Question

12 answers to this question

This is most likely Volt 3rd power, which is a shield that buff projectiles pathing through.
If you want the explaination here it is : Due to the way it buff projectile and not directly the user, it's one of the few ways buffs that can apply to Operators, which is the reason it's used there.

10 minutes ago, setcamper said:

Unfortunately I missed the memo on Volt being the DPS god on Eidolon fights

The Electric Shield is one of a very limited number of powers that affect the Operator. In this case it applies the crit damage buff to your Amp when firing through it, allowing you to take down the Eidolon Shields faster.

4 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

The Electric Shield is one of a very limited number of powers that affect the Operator. In this case it applies the crit damage buff to your Amp when firing through it, allowing you to take down the Eidolon Shields faster.

huh. that I did not know. though I don't really do eid hunts, so it doesnt help me that much.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Oh and as a headsup OP, your amp will do more damage if you gild it. A check of your profile suggests you haven't done that yet, would highly recommend doing so.

Yep, it's on my list of things to look up. Game pulls you in so many directions.

1 minute ago, setcamper said:

Yep, it's on my list of things to look up. Game pulls you in so many directions.

Indeed it does. Something to consider, an unranked gilded amp will do the same damage as when it is max rank, so you lose nothing by gilding it and levelling it slowly and actually gain quite a lot.

Is amusing because every Video/Guide I've read for Eidolon farming (Terry) is like- "Don't worry about pubbing these, the vast majority of groups can carry a complete beginner, get in there and learn the fight, and do your best to control Vomolysts and grab a lure if nobody else has."

Which is actually true- I would guess that well over 50% of the pubs I've joined I do nothing vs. unshielded Synovia gets one-shot by a Volt before I realize shields are even down. The biggest issue pubs seem to have is just charging a lure on the first phase to avoid the jump. It's actually harder to learn the fight because of how easy it is for group members.

And good news, I never sold my Volt- just shelved him. Trying to decide if he's worth a potato.

4 minutes ago, setcamper said:

And good news, I never sold my Volt- just shelved him. Trying to decide if he's worth a potato.

If you can get hold of it, Volt Prime is a better one to potato, but if you don't have access to the relics, or the parts, then spudding the basic should do you until it comes back out of the vault. 

Is amusing because every Video/Guide I've read for Eidolon farming (Terry) is like- "Don't worry about pubbing these, the vast majority of groups can carry a complete beginner, get in there and learn the fight, and do your best to control Vomolysts and grab a lure if nobody else has." -setcamper

You're doing it completely right. It's not like you are trying to do a 3x3 with your current knowledge and experience. When I do pubs I never expect anyone except me to know what they are doing or be equipped properly for them. Especially if I just feel like doing a terra cap only I fully expect everyone to run around getting knocked back and killed left and right and shooting at the wrong times and places.

Also you are just doing public bounties. There's no requirement or expectation that you know 100% of the details/mechanics and do them perfectly. Bounties are for learning and improving, not for grinding for efficiency sake. If you want to be efficient you aim for a private group that is doing at least a 3x3 in recruiting. But just doing pubs in a less efficient manner, is completely sensible to do, especially if you are having fun doing it. 

Archived