Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make the Simularcum more useful

TripleMax

3 hours ago, 110Maxim said:

The Simularcum has no other use then to check how strong your weapon is.
How about letting the players chimp out with their mod collections on their warframes/weapons without the need of actually using formas, let us polarize weapons freely without needing to actually use formas, isn't the point of the SIMULArcum is to simulate things? why can't we simulate builds without needing to waste a lot of time and resources just to test 1 build in the simularcum?! that's genuinely stupid in my opinion. Why force new players to check youtube for the ideal builds? why not let them try out their own builds without wasting resources and time as I've stated previously?! this is seriously mind boggling.. and I hope something gets done about this topic. 

100% agree. 

Simulacrum should include open world and diverse places such as mission simulation where players can adjust enemy level, friendly fire and of course some mission parameters. This should be available when player rediscover some items hidden in certain levels or a quest. 

1. Forma simulator. 

2. Mission simulator. 

3. Boss fighting arena. 

4. Programmable horde mode where player customize their hordes and a finite number of waves. 

5. Parkour arenas for advanced skill development. 

All of these are unlocked rewards towards the game for example Steel Path, Rail Jack missions and so on. 

Saying that an idealized Simulacrum would make players quit the game is akin to an admittance that there is no content in the game for finished builds.

Not sure if an extension of functionality for the Simulacrum is need, wouldn't mind though.

I'd personally like to be able to spawn enemies at any level and with SP modifiers. Current level enemies it lets you spawn are too squishy to measure the power of weaponry and Warframe synergy builds. Similarly I'd like to test up to what level a tank could take damage before entirely relying on immunities and shield gating.

We're just too powerful for the current Simulacrum, we need a lot stronger testing targets to actually figure out what our stuff is worth and find its limits.

Simulacrum was a very badstep from DE, and i bet they regret it..
Simulacrum takes a lot of players from actually playing the game.
I have a friend that spends + 70% of his playtime in simulacrum, testing his weapons, and changing builds, and in result , he did´t improve at all his skills, the contrary, made him worst..
I am the opposite..i have 1700 hours , and i only have been 10 minutes in simulacrum at most. i tests my stuff (abbilitys, weapons, builds) in missions.
I have to carry him in most of hard content ( my friend has 1650 hours), because having the best modded weapon, doesn't mean you will have the best results.
In more diffcult missions, to be good at them, you need to Know the tillsets, you need to Know how  to position yoursel, you are not invulneravel, enemys dont spaw when you and where you want, they aren´t frezzed, energy needs to be gathered, you have enemys buffing each other, you dont choose the enemys that appear, you are not just dealing damage, you have an objective to do, Corners, obstacles exist, in real missions lots of stuff happen, not the controlled envviroment you have in simulacrum.
Killing a lvl 170 heavy bombard in Simulacrum its very different tdhan killing the same in a mission..
You can stay 2 hors testing stuff in simulacrum, and have 0 rewwards. I spend the same 2 hours testing in real missions, and i farm stuff at the same time, and i improve my knowledge and skill.

Simulacrum gives you a false sense of power and skill, but then you go to a high level mission, where you dont control the enviroment, and there i am, reviving you and carrying you all the way... Thats what i see...No flexing here.

58 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

100% agree. 

Simulacrum should include open world and diverse places such as mission simulation where players can adjust enemy level, friendly fire and of course some mission parameters. This should be available when player rediscover some items hidden in certain levels or a quest. 

1. Forma simulator. 

2. Mission simulator. 

3. Boss fighting arena. 

4. Programmable horde mode where player customize their hordes and a finite number of waves. 

5. Parkour arenas for advanced skill development. 

All of these are unlocked rewards towards the game for example Steel Path, Rail Jack missions and so on. 

So literaly, people will not play the game, but make the game play the way they want.....
its nonsense!
No ever game made till today has this kind of feature, and there are good reasons for that..
its a very Stupid ideia...sry...but it is....

31 minutes ago, Alexcavalera said:

So literaly, people will not play the game, but make the game play the way they want.....

Isn't that the real reasons we play games? 

its nonsense!

Playing with Golems, kids with a skewed sense of reality, sentients, Ballas, Entrati.....of course its entertaining nonsense. 

No ever game made till today has this kind of feature, and there are good reasons for that..

Overwatch, Unreal Tournament, etc....

its a very Stupid ideia...sry...but it is....

As games themselves? 

hmm.....

11 hours ago, krc473 said:

Nobody is forced to check YouTube for ideal builds

Maybe not youtube but they'll need to use the wiki.

There are tons of garbage mods still in the game that have been here for years. I still see people linking builds in region chat asking for advice with +90% impact mods or flat damage mods every day. New players get tricked into upgrading worthless mods because the only way to know it's worthless is after you've spent all your endo leveling it up. OP's suggestion addresses this directly.

My nephew ran into this exact problem when he first started playing. He asked me, "why are all these mods in the game if they're so bad?" I didn't have a good answer for him. Even just fixing the auto mod feature would help TONS of new players out while starting.

As for the OP I'm all for making the Simulacrum better. Personally I want an actual small mission I can customize with levels/enemies/objective to test my builds. Basically take one of the mastery tests and fill it with respawning enemies instead of having to manually dump in more. Anything to reduce watching dozens of loading screens into steel path missions.

Will DE ever do it? I doubt it. The return on investment probably won't be higher than whatever time they spend improving it.

Archived