Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

chroma dont have a passive now that hellminth is out

Tsoe

well , chroma passive isnt a passive anymore and the credit thing isnt even a thing

nothing special , since all frames using elemental ward can achieve it   even excal with chromatic blade

so plz add a passive to chroma

a passive like....

LOL NO JUST KIDDING

-------------------------------------

Chroma full rework

Vex armor is now his passive , it rise up each 300 shield lost -300hp lost

skill 1

Drakonic armor

Press to unleash chroma Armor in a 10m radius blast that ragdoll ennemies , give +30% speed to chroma but -50% armor

press again to regain Armor

armor Have a 30sec cool down but does not use energy

tap  will create an elemental wave of energy with 100% statut chance 7m range 150 elemental damage using 25 enrgy (with or without armor)

skill 2

elemental ward unchanged

skill 3

Dragon Blast

Chroma release an elemental blast ball of energy with 100% statut chance that can be charged for more damage and aoe

radius 3-8m

strengh  1000-3000

skill 4

Dragon soul

if activated on the ground chroma will call up his pelt to a stationary position current effigy , effigy will scale with ennemie lvl

if activated in air chroma will fully become a dragon with etheral wing overing the field and all effigy skills with the ability to moove around  scale with ennemie lvl

Chroma does need some attention and making Vex his passive would be interesting, but probably not too useful.

There are better places to share concepts/ideas for frame reworks too.

Some feedback,

Your idea for his 1 lacks basically anything anyone would want, a small aoe knockdown that sacrifices EhP for a meager speed boost does not sound appealing.

Your idea for his 3 is basically just Garuda's dread mirror, charge orb, shoot orb. But its elemental

The idea of a full size flying frame has been thrown around for a long time, something Zephyr could have used. Chroma's effigy is a turret, DE will not make a long lasting turret capable of CC strong (yes I know protea's 2) the idea of a dragon based frame shedding its pelt to scream at enemies really doesn't even fit chromas theme imo. I'd come up with something completely different.

59 minutes ago, More-L said:

Chroma does need some attention and making Vex his passive would be interesting, but probably not too useful.

There are better places to share concepts/ideas for frame reworks too.

Some feedback,

Your idea for his 1 lacks basically anything anyone would want, a small aoe knockdown that sacrifices EhP for a meager speed boost does not sound appealing.

Your idea for his 3 is basically just Garuda's dread mirror, charge orb, shoot orb. But its elemental

The idea of a full size flying frame has been thrown around for a long time, something Zephyr could have used. Chroma's effigy is a turret, DE will not make a long lasting turret capable of CC strong (yes I know protea's 2) the idea of a dragon based frame shedding its pelt to scream at enemies really doesn't even fit chromas theme imo. I'd come up with something completely different.

yeah maybe that's not the best rework

but it could be fun at least ,

and yu are wrong

his first give a feeling of aint seya , that worth a lot it could as well heal chroma when the armor is back that should make the deal

also i dont think vex armor should be a skill by itself , really it sound better as passive

you forgot vauban too , his turret does scale

and for his 3 a powerfull elemental blast with AOe is cool really

you hav to think that all thoose skills also gain benefit from vex armor passive

24 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

and yu are wrong

1. his first give a feeling of aint seya , that worth a lot it could as well heal chroma when the armor is back that should make the deal

2. also i dont think vex armor should be a skill by itself , really it sound better as passive

3. you forgot vauban too , his turret does scale

4. and for his 3 a powerfull elemental blast with AOe is cool really

5. you hav to think that all thoose skills also gain benefit from vex armor passive

I will address your points in order.

1. Making it so enemies hit heal you completely changes the use of the ability. As you worded it initially, it was a sacrifice of EhP for a minor speed boost and 2-3 seconds of cc in a small aoe, which is really not a good first ability for something that is supposed to be "tanky". The heal would make it more usable but then its just an altered version of Xaku's 4 and I wouldn't say a dragon shedding the entirely of its scales fits thematically. If anything the ability should harden chroma's pelt, not weaken it.

2. Vex armour being a passive will mean its effeciveness would have to be greatly reduced, something like a 10-20% raw damage boost is massive for a passive, the armour gain when shields are damaged would be more acceptable if that was the only part of the passive. (Ember's passive is already pushing the limits of what a passive should be and how much raw power it provides but it fits her playstyle and will really only be very effecitve with correct setup)

3. Vauban does not have a "turret," he has a trap. His spike ball can do decent damage, but it doesn't specifically target an enemy, it simply sprays around randomly and happens to hit them. It would be like calling octavias mallet a turret, or embers charged 1 fireball (that causes a napalm effect) a turret.

4. The idea does sound like it would be cool, seeing a electric/fire/toxin/cold nova explode could look amazing and be fun, but how does that fit his dragon theme? It sound like something an elemental weaving frame would do but that doesnt change the fact it would just be an elemental dread mirror. Charge orb by holding ability, shoot orb for aoe damage.

5. Generic scaling damage that applies to everything is not a passive, it is Rhino's roar. A passive is not supposed to provide raw damage (as it currently stands, I would be happy if all frames got very strong passives that really meant something tbh.)

- Passive should be increased status Chance or damage with elemental weapons. he's supposed to be a "master of the elements" after all.

- Spectral Scream should be reworked into an attack similar to what Fass and Vome do to each other, with a LOT of damage and a wide AoE corresponding to the element of Chroma himself. would take a second to charge but would be great for devastating hallways.

- Elemental Ward and Vex Armor are fine

- Effigy should be buffed and take less energy over time. also have it do an attack the same as the new Spectral Scream, but a weker, rapid fire version with slightly less AoE.

- I know Chroma's energy is tied to his Emissive colour now, but you'd get more freedom with your fashion frame if you could simply select which element you want to use, same as we can separately mod Exalted Weapons

- Toxin and Shock Chroma need looking at again. maybe Give Shock Chroma enhanced Shield Gating, and Toxin Chroma an Aura that deals Toxin DoT to nearby enemies, along with the weapon-enhancing benefits. 

the problem is that now we have Helminth, I'm not particularly hopeful for any frame reworks, certainly not at the level we used to get: now people will point out that certain Subsumed builds could be better than a rework, and it's much easier for DE if players "solve" problems with frames themselves using the Helminth System. 

2 hours ago, More-L said:

I will address your points in order.

1. Making it so enemies hit heal you completely changes the use of the ability. As you worded it initially, it was a sacrifice of EhP for a minor speed boost and 2-3 seconds of cc in a small aoe, which is really not a good first ability for something that is supposed to be "tanky". The heal would make it more usable but then its just an altered version of Xaku's 4 and I wouldn't say a dragon shedding the entirely of its scales fits thematically. If anything the ability should harden chroma's pelt, not weaken it.

2. Vex armour being a passive will mean its effeciveness would have to be greatly reduced, something like a 10-20% raw damage boost is massive for a passive, the armour gain when shields are damaged would be more acceptable if that was the only part of the passive. (Ember's passive is already pushing the limits of what a passive should be and how much raw power it provides but it fits her playstyle and will really only be very effecitve with correct setup)

3. Vauban does not have a "turret," he has a trap. His spike ball can do decent damage, but it doesn't specifically target an enemy, it simply sprays around randomly and happens to hit them. It would be like calling octavias mallet a turret, or embers charged 1 fireball (that causes a napalm effect) a turret.

4. The idea does sound like it would be cool, seeing a electric/fire/toxin/cold nova explode could look amazing and be fun, but how does that fit his dragon theme? It sound like something an elemental weaving frame would do but that doesnt change the fact it would just be an elemental dread mirror. Charge orb by holding ability, shoot orb for aoe damage.

5. Generic scaling damage that applies to everything is not a passive, it is Rhino's roar. A passive is not supposed to provide raw damage (as it currently stands, I would be happy if all frames got very strong passives that really meant something tbh.)

man sorry but

seriously vauban does aim ennemies actually

give it  a try

well for the blast thing , does it fit dragon theme if he trow it from his month (using spectral scream animation)?

also imao chroma real theme is Berserk /dragon

if yu think about nidus passive something similar could be good for chroma an altered vex armor with the same actual stats but that take really long to rise up

cause right now when yu play choma vex armor is usualy on , every single seconds

if it doesnt become a passive it can be a conditional passive , vex armor activate each time chroma use another skill

22 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Making vex armor passive is not a good idea, at all. It does not scale with intensity. If you set it low, which you will have to, it will be Borderline useless. And the passive interacts with more than ward. A better solution is to change 1&4. There is not reason to change skills that work.

Reason

VEX armor is boring

also no it dont have to be low at all

make the max passive 500%  armor 500%damage  but make it rise pretty slowly

instead of 150 damage make it rise at 500

Archived