Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon bounties bugged?

(NSW)straightmale

Question

Trying to farm a stance mod but I cant get the bounties done because enemies don't spawn. I just did one where I had to defend an area but it was underground so I had no idea where any of the enemies were. I also had one where I ran out of time because the enemies were underground and I couldn't find the tiny cave entrance in time. Why do enemies keep spawning underground and how to you beat them?

15 answers to this question

There are underground areas where missions can spawn, you just have to learn recognize when those happen. The world is set so taking tine to learn where relevant caves are will help. 

however what you described doesn’t sound like the missions in caves, those are usually find cashes. So you need to report the bug to de thru the contact us link at the bottom of this page. Screenshots will help illustrate the problem if you have a way to do so ( I forget de share button policy). 

If its a bug with the caves I hope they dont take away the caves to solve this problem cause I love the caves but I have noticed enemies not spawning during those "clear all hostile" bounties. Also did they increase the range of those bounties cause the yellow circle looks a LOT bigger than I remember? 

On 2020-09-30 at 6:58 AM, Dualice said:

There have been some issues with the "sabotage enemy supply caches" bounty stage lately, I've noticed.

I can't replicate what conditions trigger it, but for some reason the second or third resupply beacon never drops.

Killing the group that spawns with the cache too fast will do that. I destroy the cache first, wait a few seconds and then kill the group and usually it will make one of the squad a beacon carrier.

There is the type of bounty challenge, where there is a minimal amount of enemies which need to be cleared (it is presented to the player as if that was the whole challenge). When they have been killed, Lotus will notify, something is wrong and that the Grineer will start assaulting by sending more troops in dropships. I believe this is the type of challenge @(NSW)straightmale was referring to. The counter is dropping from 100% to 0%, and at 0% there will be a failure; and killing (even a few) enemies will hugely increase this counter (representing control of the area).

First: the troops that drop in come into a fairly large area. It is more of a seek (in time) than a destroy mission. It is very difficult solo, but not impossible; my tip would be to take a high vantage point, and try to see where the dropships are going to drop the enemies (look up into the sky, don't stay behind a hill etc.). If you can not notice where the dropships are making their drops, it can be very difficult to kill the enemies in time, as they are few but in a large area and the percentage will drop quickly (in relation to the amount of enemies). With a group of players, this is a much, much more easier challenge, actually quite trivial to complete. (EDIT: some troops come with ... hmm, airdrop torpedos? Those can be also easy to spot, if you are looking at the skies, or by listening to their sounds - but if you miss these cues, same thing applies - scan the area and try to find them in time!)

IMO this challenge should be scaled so that the counter drops slower, and the enemies give less percentage and/or their number increased greatly - that way it would actually resemble a fight. Now it is like: kill two enemies and control % will jump from 60% -> 100%. Not finding any enemies in time (which is really the only challenging part here) in 30 seconds will result in failure.

Now, today, I had this challenge also in the form that the first group spawned inside a cave (I've never had this before). I didn't have time to get out of the cave (which was a bit of confusing one to navigate out of), until the percentage had already dropped to 40%. I'm not actually sure there were any dropships, I'm only assuming there were (as I was in the cave), in any case there were no enemies inside the cave. Neither could I find any enemies on the surface until the time ran out. Result: failure. I was playing solo.

I'm quite certain this is not the intention of developers, but perhaps it is? If that is the case, the mission description / presentation to the player should be changed into something like: "Stealthy Grineer are being deployed to the area and they are deploying a hidden radio network here to establish permanent GSM network monopoly to compete with the TennoGSM- seek them and destroy them before they complete their task!" 😁

Once, I had a challenge where we (team of two) couldn't find the last Grineer cache. Usually these are easy (can find all three in 30-90s, even solo) but that time, the third one just couldn't be found. Near the end of the timer, a waypoint will spawn pointing to the last cache - and, in this case, it was pointing to a waterfall inside a cave (the other two were inside the said cave); problem is, there was no way to navigate there. Quite probably the cache had spawned at a point which can not be navigated by a player.

11 hours ago, WildPenguin82 said:

Once, I had a challenge where we (team of two) couldn't find the last Grineer cache. Usually these are easy (can find all three in 30-90s, even solo) but that time, the third one just couldn't be found. Near the end of the timer, a waypoint will spawn pointing to the last cache - and, in this case, it was pointing to a waterfall inside a cave (the other two were inside the said cave); problem is, there was no way to navigate there. Quite probably the cache had spawned at a point which can not be navigated by a player.

Oof, this is not a one-off occurrence, I've found! When the caches are inside a cave, that last cache seems to spawn in an unreachable spot. Not always, but frequent enough to be quite frustrating!

12 hours ago, WildPenguin82 said:

I know the spot you mean. It can be reached, you have to turn the water off first.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I know the spot you mean. It can be reached, you have to turn the water off first.

Hmm, interesting. How is one supposed to do that exactly, is there a hackable console nearby or something?

I don't recall seeing those on the map (as buttons/consoles usually do show up), but I wasn't actually looking for them. Only listening to the humming sound of a cache (and, IIRC I had some kind of loot detector at the time and also looking for the resource icons).

been failing the one to keep efficiency or whatever from hitting 0, by killing bad guys. problem is that solo there are so few enemies that i fail it 90% of the time (also they spawn far AF from each other) the other 10% they drop the hammer and i gotta stress and maybe die one or two times from the non-stop barrage they hit me with. i still don't like poe (never have), yet they keep watering the game down with all these stupid open world BS instead of fixing the original turd or making it enjoyable to everyone not just its niche fan base

Don't know if this is what OP means but I have failed a lot of contracts in that step where you have to control the area, specially in low lvl bounties when playing solo, maybe because of the low enemy spawn rate. Sometimes it's not very clear wether they will spawn inside or outside the cave and you have to be really fast or else the counter drops to 0 and u fail. Using mesa and enemy radar mods makes it much easier.

4 hours ago, WildPenguin82 said:

Hmm, interesting. How is one supposed to do that exactly, is there a hackable console nearby or something?

I don't recall seeing those on the map (as buttons/consoles usually do show up), but I wasn't actually looking for them. Only listening to the humming sound of a cache (and, IIRC I had some kind of loot detector at the time and also looking for the resource icons).

Yeh there is, I was the same I was running around, realising the sound was under water and got reset when I jumped down so I ran around hitting X till something activated lol.
Edit: Here it is, assuming this is the cave you mean up in the top left corner on Mount Nang? It's a console on the back of what is supposed to be a water pump. As if the Grineer are that sophisticated, it's like cavemen washing their clothes.
7H8SZgr.jpg

Archived