Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your surprising Infused Ability Choices (Helminth)?

Duality52

12 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Mind Control for my Chroma. It helps tremendeously with Profit Taker because it can actually divert the Boss’s aggro

wouldn't decoy or octavia's ball do the same thing but maybe better?

anyway one of my favorite combos is dispenser on ivara, for those slower missions where the enemies are more sparse where orbs just aren't dropping or just going out and doing a spot of fishing uninterrupted its permanent stealth.

I replaced Ember's Fireball with Fire Walker, since Fireball is totally useless anyway.  It's not the most effective choice I could have made, but it's a speed boost with a status cleanse, and free fire procs to activate Ember's passive and also help strip some armor.  It's fun, thematic and useful even though it's not "best in slot."

I put Condemn on Nekros in place of Soul Punch, because again, Soul Punch is useless.  Condemn adds a bit more survivability through added shields as well as CCing enemies.

I haven't put Roar on anything yet.  I don't ever feel like I'm lacking in the damage department.  9 times out of 10 if I'm having an issue it's because an enemy has insane damage and one-shots me the second I make a mistake or something is nullifying all of my abilities, and I usually use abilities as survival rather than stacking defensive mods.  So a lot of the picks I've made have been defensive ones, like adding crowd control to a frame.

I found myself infusing Fire Blast a lot. It's a good ability overall. 

Aa for combos, Pull on Limbo. Since you're not building any power strength on him, you could use max range Pull to force enemies into your Cataclysm or Strangledome or Thermal Sunder fields for that matter. 

9 hours ago, quxier said:

So you petrify enemies, wait for the Ore gaze to drop the loot, and destroy enemies, getting another loot with the Nekros' Desecrate? Am I right?

Do the enemies that get broken into pieces by the Ore gaze (more body parts on the ground) gets another loot?
I'm asking because I heard someone said it doesn't work.

I believe loot frames are still categorized on how additional loot gets generated, but whatever restrictions they used to have were alleviated due to mass protest by the community. Ultimately, any body parts on the ground will be desecrated, and when I was testing it last night I was seeing petrified enemies get desecrated as well. It’s just that rubble doesn’t get generated in the process.

It’s hard to tell how much more loot you gain to be fair, because Ore Gaze is dependent on Power Strength to gain additional loot. But I can attest that petrified enemies can be desecrated.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I replaced Ember's Fireball with Fire Walker, since Fireball is totally useless anyway.  It's not the most effective choice I could have made, but it's a speed boost with a status cleanse, and free fire procs to activate Ember's passive and also help strip some armor.  It's fun, thematic and useful even though it's not "best in slot."

Agreed to the T. The fact that you can refresh Fire Walker at any time to take advantage of the spike in power strength is lovely. It creates this fascinating push and pull where your flames get so strong, enemies start dying before you can 'harvest' their heat, so your next cast gets weaker...which allows enemies to burn alive for longer, which lets you ramp up your passive again. Just like an actual raging fire.

Aero set mods push it over the top. When I first tested it on Sedna survival (I am not a high-level player), I had to keep bouncing between spawn-caves because enemies couldn't stay conscious long enough to burn in the center of the room. They took one step into the inferno and passed out -- also, just like an actual raging fire :D

I'm gonna say my surprise was Eclipse on Valkyr, only because I wrongly assumed that most levels are 'bright light' and infused the ability purely to add damage to Eternal War. When I suddenly had the darkness buff on top of 90% DR from armor, I realized that Eternal Eclipse Valkyr is a coin flip I can't lose. I bring her to bullet-sponge enemies who melt me; I become the bullet sponge and they start melting.

Ash Prime with Radial Blind or Desiccation isn't surprising per se, but he's definitely the game-changer I've always needed. With Amalgam Daikyu Skiajati, he basically becomes Sneaky Inaros and gets a whole wheat field of enemies to harvest for free invisibility to benefit Bladestorm.

4 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

wouldn't decoy or octavia's ball do the same thing but maybe better?

anyway one of my favorite combos is dispenser on ivara, for those slower missions where the enemies are more sparse where orbs just aren't dropping or just going out and doing a spot of fishing uninterrupted its permanent stealth.

Decoy will be one shotted due to how low it’s health pool is. Because the orb is immune to abilities I don’t think resonance will work on her.

Archived