Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Reinforcements: New Weapons [With Pics!]

Krotalon

Nice. I'd love it if you posted some more concepts like them. :)

EDIT: Here are a couple of ideas that I had for reverse-engineered Grineer weapons. Perhaps you can use them. Feel free to 'refine' them as necessary; I'm just posting ideas:

Reverse-engineered Stug: An automatic rifle (a primary weapon) firing high-explosive bullets. (Bullets deal blast damage upon impact. Downside: Very low/no puncture damage whatsoever.) In all other ways it should act like a regular rifle, and its bullets should act like regular bullets. Perhaps a low clip (6-15 shots?), lower RoF compared to standard automatic rifles, and low accuracy at long range can be its downsides to balance the large amount of damage it does. 

Reverse-engineered Kraken: A pistol (a secondary weapon) that fires 3 laser bolts in rapid succession (not all at once) with one pull of the trigger. It has a high RoF this way, with moderate damage. It has good accuracy at close/medium ranges, but is terribly inaccurate at long range. The shots have a slight travel time. It can also be charged up (note that it should have a slow charging speed) to fire a single laser bolt that has MUCH more travel time than regular burst shots, but is very accurate and deals very high damage.

Edited by Arvenski

• 4 weeks later...

█░░█░█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀█ ░ █▀█
█░░█░█░░░█░░░█▀▄ ░█▀▀█
▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░ ▀░▀░░▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
██████▄▄█░░░░░███▄
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ DE      ░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░█

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the way the exora looks a lot the "boxy" way corpus weapons look doesn't look bad the way exora is designed.  The Glacio looks nice and considering the idea was an ice thrower the design fits the bill.  The dual zodiac look okay but they seem more like the smaller, dual, corpus version of the machete.

You guys are all too kind with this thread, seriously. Very overrated. :P

I like the way the exora looks a lot the "boxy" way corpus weapons look doesn't look bad the way exora is designed.  The Glacio looks nice and considering the idea was an ice thrower the design fits the bill.  The dual zodiac look okay but they seem more like the smaller, dual, corpus version of the machete.

Yes, they actually are all Corpus counterparts of Grineer weapons.

Glacio > Ignis;

Exora > Gremlin;

Dual Zodiac > Dual Cleavers.

• 2 months later...

Holy crap these look incredible. I'm honestly not a huge fan of even more Corpus weapons just being clones, but these look so professional. Adapting the Glacio into more of a freeze ray than a cold Ignis would be incredible.

Exora seems very much like an Uzi or MAC-10 to me, which I'm all for, but conventional projectiles aren't really the Corpus' thing.

Dual Zodiacs look amazing. I really don't have a bad word to say about them.

Any chance you'd be willing to do art for someone else's concept? I'm still really blown away by the aesthetics here, they're spot-on.

• 1 month later...

Why does the ice gun have a biohazard logo? Confusing

The pistols and daggers look alright

The ice gun needs some tweaking, it just looks like lazy designing making it so similar to the pistols. Maybe add some more of those "ice fuel tanks" to make it more distinct.

Edited by DarkTails

look at dat sexiness, i would love them and the Glacio should work like frost's freeze, freezes when you shoot at someone long enough

wow there is:

Fire: Ignis

Electric: Castanas, Amprex

Toxin: Torid, Acrid.

and now

Ice: GLACIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!