Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR rush complete

AreeSoothsayer

6 hours ago, FireSegment said:

why your topic make me thinking to myself "oh god DE would make MR30 test ridiculously hard that it would take 1 month of trial before any tenno could solve it" 

it's really not though, it's killing a bunch of steel Path level enemies while keeping a life-support meter active. literally, if you've ever done a Steel Path Survival, you can do the MR30 test.

no, you should worry more about whatever test we have to do for those "legendary ranks", because those could actually be difficult.

42 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I didn't even think of that. Just how cool would it be for an Umbra based companion with Umbra Health-Link, Armor-Link, and Shield-Link. episode 1 wow GIF by Funimation

I mean it would and it wouldn't. Currently all umbra formas go into slots where you have more than the basic max. You have auras for warframes and stances for melee weapons. Pets don't have that, and beast pets suffer from having their weapon and other mods all squished into one source. I imagine you might have to really sacrifice a lot to get those in place, if at all possible while still putting in animal instinct, fetch, and their breed precepts.

But the option would certainly be nice!

Out of curiosity, partly because it was brought up and I didn't see you answer, did you do a rush to MR 29, doing a test each day, where you had saved up so much MR affinity that you are able to hit 29, or are you literally halfway in MR exp to 29, meaning whatever MR that would be. (what MR is that, anyway?)

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I mean it would and it wouldn't. Currently all umbra formas go into slots where you have more than the basic max. You have auras for warframes and stances for melee weapons. Pets don't have that, and beast pets suffer from having their weapon and other mods all squished into one source. I imagine you might have to really sacrifice a lot to get those in place, if at all possible while still putting in animal instinct, fetch, and their breed precepts.

But the option would certainly be nice!

Out of curiosity, partly because it was brought up and I didn't see you answer, did you do a rush to MR 29, doing a test each day, where you had saved up so much MR affinity that you are able to hit 29, or are you literally halfway in MR exp to 29, meaning whatever MR that would be. (what MR is that, anyway?)

I went from MR 16 to MR 29 in a single rush. Failing 3 times. 1 time because I didn't look before going in blind and finding myself not even close to equipped to pass the mission. The other two missions I DID check things out before hand buuuut.. jumped into the test as soon as I logged in for the day... with a poor frame matchup. As for the third failure.. I checked things out but the wiki never mentioned having no Operator school skills just that there was no Operator Amp. Needless to say I was too flustered to play correctly and failed from timer hitting 0.

It's kind of funny, because I do grind, put in work and play the game.

But for whatever reason, putting 2 forma into a throwaway weapon, just gets to me. Levelling different archwings, when I dont like the game mode.

Also hated the planet-grind from day one. The other night I google what a LUA lens was for the first time, and everytime I read up on the components, I had to open a new tab, leading to a new tab, an ultra lens, from 5 ultra, from 10 medium, from 7 of this rock over here, that needs a level 2 fising pole from over there.

What I like to call the babushka grind, a grind inside a grind inside a grind. Seriously f off.

I am much, much too simple minded for putting up with that, in a video game. I shoot something, you pay me. The end.

So I checked out at mr 16, having access to all the weapons, the rest is fluff to me. I got over 80 items unclaimed items in my foundry, I collected over the years and haven't played half the frames yet.

I just row gently down the stream, merrily, in no hurry, with plenty of content in front of me and then I will just take whatever relatively - non forma expensive - items they release and land on whatever level I land on eventually.

No hurry, no worry

17 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I went from MR 16 to MR 29 in a single rush. Failing 3 times. 1 time because I didn't look before going in blind and finding myself not even close to equipped to pass the mission. The other two missions I DID check things out before hand buuuut.. jumped into the test as soon as I logged in for the day... with a poor frame matchup. As for the third failure.. I checked things out but the wiki never mentioned having no Operator school skills just that there was no Operator Amp. Needless to say I was too flustered to play correctly and failed from timer hitting 0.

Wow... that is impressive.

Why did you avoid doing the rank ups for so long, if I might ask? Each one you were eligible for wouldn't be back to back with others originally. Why stay at the bare minimum required for everything? Especially with how little faction you gain a day at MR16 versus MR29.

6 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Wow... that is impressive.

Why did you avoid doing the rank ups for so long, if I might ask? Each one you were eligible for wouldn't be back to back with others originally. Why stay at the bare minimum required for everything? Especially with how little faction you gain a day at MR16 versus MR29.

Meh. I didn't really care about the points or anything. Warframe isn't a 40-60 hour game you play once and leave it. If something came out I needed MR to get fine. Otherwise I found the tests too bloody annoying and unrealistic.

I payed attention to MR until I got MR 16 for the rivens, and noticed it again just now as I picked up MR22 "Dragon" heh, heh, heh... well that's a cool title anyway.

I've been playing since, well, almost the beginning - before we had orbitors or kubrow or solar rails anyway, but I'll never see MR 30, no way I'm gonna grind for it at this point, and no way I'm going to put in another 1,500+ hours...

EDIT:  Stats are cool;  I've killed over a million things, and done just shy of 8,000 missions - 5.3 missions an hour over 1,500 hours - hmmm...

On 2020-10-25 at 8:23 PM, AreeSoothsayer said:

MR rush complete

Followed by:

On 2020-10-25 at 8:23 PM, AreeSoothsayer said:

Welp when they announced the MR 30 rewards I saw 3 Umbra formas and went oooh!

I've been MR 16 since the Rivens came out. MR 10 before them. Yep. Once MR is needed for something I want. I grab it. From the announcement until now I have done an MR test. Failed 3 tiems. 2 were bonehead errors like going in without making enough Energy pads. Sheesh 28 and 29 both almost require them.

Now I just need a bit over half the exp to reach MR 30. All those Formas will be saved for Khora & Venari Prime.

I'm confused.... 

Archived