Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's Tips section doesn't accurately reflect how procs work under the effects of Stasis

AncientShotgun

1 minute ago, (PSN)mahoshonenfox said:

Yeah I play on console. It used to work until DE changed how frozen/glassed enemies could get status procced. You saying this still works on PC?

Yeah, tested right before posting my first response both in simulacrum and a void exterminate mission.

5 hours ago, AncientShotgun said:

iboa7ah02yy51.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=256d16559110098d736aa029f694d460e61b237e

(Credit to u/Mahoushonnen)

u/Mahoushonnen found this incorrect UI tip. DoT status effects don't tick in Stasis anymore, so please either make it such that they do again or replace the tip.

Many thanks!

HI. I think you got this wrong. DoT status effect still DO tick in stasis. In fact, it used to keep ticking while stasis is up.

For example; if you deal a slash proc to an enemy, normally the proc would only last for a few seconds. But in stasis, it lasts indefinitely until Limbo turns off stasis. You can see it fro one of Triburo's Limbo builds.

You can see it at 13:00.

@taiiat Besides the fact that Petrify, Mass Vitrify and Freeze all shared that ability to apply a 'frozen' state (encasing VFX + locked animation) to enemies and the problem of new procs being prevented from being applied (both of which Stasis never had), Stasis was never explicitly mentioned during the changes.

General Changes:
- If you freeze enemies with things like Frost, Atlas, or Gara’s abilities, you can now immediately apply other Status Effects! Before these powers would prevent Status Effects from being added. Read more on that here.

It can't be simply implied from the patchnotes that Stasis was meant to be lumped together with those three when there's a fundamental difference in behavior that separates Stasis from them. This is what reinforces the idea that Stasis is intended to be able to pause the duration of status effects, And, that this interaction (and the Tip) stayed for quite a long while before being hit with a change that has a manner of execution equivalent to that of, at best, an oversight, or, at worst, a stealth nerf.

@taiiat I'd like to elaborate further. Before the change, it was the only one that didn't prevent new status effects from applying on enemy units affected. It didn't inflict that exact same 'frozen' state like the other three used to do. The encasing VFX I had mentioned above. Being covered in glass/ice/stone. Stasis doesn't fit that category and clearly it didn't used to since it functioned differently like I had just described.

Stasis is a timestopper, if you will. It doesn't produce physical barriers like the others. It can't be lumped together with the other three. It's closer to Rhino's Stomp aesthetically and functionally which I can confidently say that it sets it further apart from the other three.

Anyway, nothing could be argued here if they simply had explicitly mentioned that Stasis was supposed to part of what was being changed.

Archived