Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why cant we have rivens for exalted weapons, but we can have riven mods and acolyte mods for psuedo exalted weapons?

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

It doesnt make sense to me that you cant have a riven mod or acolyte mods for wukong's 4 but you can use both, for khora's whip or Atlas' fists. 

And of course, you can use a weapon with a strong dispo to get even more benefit. 

Im really surprised this design inconsistency hasnt been addressed yet. I feel like sooner or later, theyre going to pull the plug on psuedo exalted weapons being able to work the way they are. Whether thats in the form of "no riven stat sticks", or making them moddable in the same style as exalted weapons and eliminating "stat sticks" outright, i dont know.

And theres going to be an ocean of salt when that happens. 

Anticipated response: "Youre mad at khora or something because reasons".

Im not mad at anything. I dont personally use khora or atlas so i dont care "personally" if they get nerfed, or not. 

I just think its weird that stat sticks are a thing at all, it feels like an unintended glitch. 

Look at how long condition overload lasted before they said "yup thats busted", along with the 100% status thing.

Simply because DE is under the false impression that exalted weapons are both better than regular weapons and better than pseudo-exalted abilities.

Truth is, they need to get some people on staff who actually understand how the game works from a gameplay perspective. 

Over a year ago steve said that they will fix rivens from applying to psuedo exalted weapons whenever they get their own modding screens. So it can only be decades at this point until it fixed. Essentially whipclaw has a 5/5 dispositions and that's just insane.

Meanwhile wukongs stick has you spend energy to have a weaker melee weapon than you would have if you just took a regular one. There is no good reason to not have exalted weapons be able to use bloodrush and weeping wounds. I am against allowing rivens on them because those are essentially warframe rivens..

5 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Over a year ago steve said that they will fix rivens from applying to psuedo exalted weapons whenever they get their own modding screens. So it can only be decades at this point until it fixed. Essentially whipclaw has a 5/5 dispositions and that's just insane.

Meanwhile wukongs stick has you spend energy to have a weaker melee weapon than you would have if you just took a regular one. There is no good reason to not have exalted weapons be able to use bloodrush and weeping wounds. I am against allowing rivens on them because those are essentially warframe rivens..

Yeah, Wukong's exalted weapon is hilariously bad compared to regular melee options.

All melee exalted should still scale with combo multiplier. Boggles my mind that DE hasn't made this simple change. Doesn't make them overpowered but brings them more in line with regular weapons. Also, restricting acolyte mods is and always has been stupid. Just simply stupid. Especially since many of these mods have similar effects that are obtainable through non-acolyte mods.

Exalted weapons used to inherit Rivens like pseudo-Exalted abilities, but people complained and DE made them individually moddable. The monkey's paw curled a rotten finger and Exalted weapons drifted off into irrelevancy. That's what will happen if the same applies to pseudo-Exalted abilities. Goodbye Landslide, goodbye Shattered Lash, goodbye parts of Bladestorm. And ironically Khora would still be incredibly powerful.

My Khora deals 2.2M DPS with a Riven. She used to do more, but DE's been nerfing my Dual Keres every PA like clockwork and I'm not interested in ever rolling another Riven. Without a Riven she deals 1.2M DPS.

Spoiler

P. Pressure Point, Blood Rush, Organ Shatter, Gladiator Might, P. Fever Strike, North Wind, Molten Impact, Weeping Wounds.

Naramon, Arcane Fury, Swift Momentum, Accumulating Whipclaw, and toss the other 2 melee Gladiator mods on Helios' Deconstructor.

1.2M DPS. Solve for Energy and you're done, you're welcome. No Riven required.

Say that Whipclaw becomes moddable like an Exalted:

• I replace my Riven with a 90% Elemental.
  • I replace Blood Rush, which would no longer work, with Sacrificial Steel.
  • I replace Primed Pressure Point with Sacrificial Pressure.
  • I replace Weeping Wounds, which would no longer work, with a 60/60.

Now I deal 870k DPS and have less status chance, which is a small bummer but whatever. And I still need a combo-based melee weapon, because I still need to keep my Combo Counter up for the damage bonus and the Gladiator stacks. And I still can't use a heavy-attack-based melee weapon, because that eats the Combo Counter. So my combo-based stat-stick doesn't go anywhere and just gets to use Condition Overload. Nothing changes except my melee gets a little stronger and Whipclaw gets weaker, except it's for everyone.

25 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Exalted weapons used to inherit Rivens like pseudo-Exalted abilities, but people complained and DE made them individually moddable. The monkey's paw curled a rotten finger and Exalted weapons drifted off into irrelevancy. That's what will happen if the same applies to pseudo-Exalted abilities. Goodbye Landslide, goodbye Shattered Lash, goodbye parts of Bladestorm. And ironically Khora would still be incredibly powerful.

My Khora deals 2.2M DPS with a Riven. She used to do more, but DE's been nerfing my Dual Keres every PA like clockwork and I'm not interested in ever rolling another Riven. Without a Riven she deals 1.2M DPS.

Reveal hidden contents

P. Pressure Point, Blood Rush, Organ Shatter, Gladiator Might, P. Fever Strike, North Wind, Molten Impact, Weeping Wounds.

Naramon, Arcane Fury, Swift Momentum, Accumulating Whipclaw, and toss the other 2 melee Gladiator mods on Helios' Deconstructor.

1.2M DPS. Solve for Energy and you're done, you're welcome. No Riven required.

Say that Whipclaw becomes moddable like an Exalted:

• I replace my Riven with a 90% Elemental.
  • I replace Blood Rush, which would no longer work, with Sacrificial Steel.
  • I replace Primed Pressure Point with Sacrificial Pressure.
  • I replace Weeping Wounds, which would no longer work, with a 60/60.

Now I deal 870k DPS and have less status chance, which is a small bummer but whatever. And I still need a combo-based melee weapon, because I still need to keep my Combo Counter up for the damage bonus and the Gladiator stacks. And I still can't use a heavy-attack-based melee weapon, because that eats the Combo Counter. So my combo-based stat-stick doesn't go anywhere and just gets to use Condition Overload. Nothing changes except my melee gets a little stronger and Whipclaw gets weaker, except it's for everyone.

Good points.

Exalted weapons as a whole need reworkign to make them all viable. Ideally I'd like them to be short-term tactcal powers that you can only use every so often, but are ludicrously powerful to grant a massive DPS boost:

- Exalted Weapons would no longer be moddable, but can inherit stats from certain mod types, like Combo or attack speed mods, that are equipped on your regular melee.

- all Exalted Weapons would deal true damage.

- instead of energy, you would have to obtain kills to fill an "exalted meter" which would then allow you to unleash your Exalted Melee.

- the meter would drain over time, allowing only a limited period before the Exalted weapon expires.

- since you can't run around with them all the time, they can be justified in having WAY more power. six-figure numbers of raw, true damage? sure, why not? 300% base Crit? go for it! when you finally pull out your Exalted melee, you can be confident in knowing you'll win your fight, because you've earned it by defeating enemies using other means.

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Exalted weapons as a whole need reworkign to make them all viable. Ideally I'd like them to be short-term tactcal powers that you can only use every so often, but are ludicrously powerful to grant a massive DPS boost:

- Exalted Weapons would no longer be moddable, but can inherit stats from certain mod types, like Combo or attack speed mods, that are equipped on your regular melee.

- all Exalted Weapons would deal true damage.

- instead of energy, you would have to obtain kills to fill an "exalted meter" which would then allow you to unleash your Exalted Melee.

- the meter would drain over time, allowing only a limited period before the Exalted weapon expires.

- since you can't run around with them all the time, they can be justified in having WAY more power. six-figure numbers of raw, true damage? sure, why not? 300% base Crit? go for it! when you finally pull out your Exalted melee, you can be confident in knowing you'll win your fight, because you've earned it by defeating enemies using other means.

This sounds like the ultimates in Destiny 2 , which is not a bad thing for me at least .

Archived