Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Events related stores should not contain eidolon droptable arcanes to not devalue players time and efforts

tipsy_princess

As stated in topic name, i suggest to reconsider events store content to not make it duplicating arcanes existing in another game mode. Simply because no matter what the event playthrough going to be, it's certainly won't match the time and efforts people spent on eidolon hunts.

Just as example during scarlet spear i was able to grind out 3 arcane energize per 20 minutes while being semi-afk. Which is complete joke in compare to spending 15+ hours sweating and doing 6 hydrolists each night cycle to get same 3 arcanes.

That's a huge spit in the face of everyone who did hunts before and after the event. Such neglect attitude to the players efforts should not be tolerated.

So do not add existing in another game mode arcanes to the event (including upcoming mech event), or at least match the drops/efforts in original game mode/event store.

Yes, well I'd like to be able to get the arcanes through other means besides killing the same Hydrolist for the Nth time today trying to get more Arcane Energize. I'm getting tired of running the same boring meta comp of "play these very specific frames and you'd better be capable of killing at least 3 hydros in a single night, or you can't run with us".

Having arcanes in temporary operations gives players like myself an opportunity to get something on a far less rigid system.

9 minutes ago, tipsy_princess said:

As stated in topic name, i suggest to reconsider events store content to not make it duplicating arcanes existing in another game mode. Simply because no matter what the event playthrough going to be, it's certainly won't match the time and efforts people spent on eidolon hunts.

Just as example during scarlet spear i was able to grind out 3 arcane energize per 20 minutes while being semi-afk. Which is complete joke in compare to spending 15+ hours sweating and doing 6 hydrolists each night cycle to get same 3 arcanes.

That's a huge spit in the face of everyone who did hunts before and after the event. Such neglect attitude to the players efforts should not be tolerated.

So do not add existing in another game mode arcanes to the event (including upcoming mech event), or at least match the drops/efforts in original game mode/event store.

This was debated and argued to death during Scarlet Spear. Players had years of certain arcanes being solely exclusive to Eidolons after the removal of raids. Allowing people to have more routes of access to arcanes outside of simply buying them for plat is good for the game. Though as I said when Scarlet Spear debuted I do feel Eidolons should have something added to their droptables that is worthwhile for those who like to hunt them.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb tipsy_princess:

Now imagine how raid players felt when the rewards from their favorite gamemode not only got devalued by eidolon hunts but then also losing their game mode entirely. Eidolon hunters dont get to complain about arcane prices dropping.

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Now imagine how raid players felt when the rewards from their favorite gamemode not only got devalued by eidolon hunts but then also losing their game mode entirely. Eidolon hunters dont get to complain about arcane prices dropping.

Honestly, they lost the argument since DE reworked arcanes not too long ago. Arcane Energize used to be the most valuable arcane to farm for, but now it's worth pennies.

They have nothing to fight for anymore. Arcanes worth 30-40p isn't going to plummet because they became available somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, gueezy198 said:

So if you dont AFK farm, just hop in Eidolon Hunts :)) since that cant be automated and boom there you go problem solved and you have arcanes.

Doesn't solve the problem if you're bored of eidolons. Or it's just not your preference.

5 minutes ago, gueezy198 said:

So if you dont AFK farm, just hop in Eidolon Hunts :)) since that cant be automated and boom there you go problem solved and you have arcanes.

Did you not take time to read my post ? Migraines and Seizures do exist for some of us and I will not argue any more besides that point. Have a nice day :) 

Just now, gueezy198 said:

Oh but you wont be bored by playing same event by 6 hours straight right?

Right because there are free arcanes there ^_^

Or, or, and hear me out here: The event only lasts for a short while and introduces something new compared to what we'll always have.

Just now, gueezy198 said:

Oh but you wont be bored by playing same event by 6 hours straight right?

Right because there are free arcanes there ^_^

No, because it's a more enjoyable repetitive game mode to me. I like Eidolons, but not in excess. I find it draining to do too many eidolons and it extends the time between when I will do more. I don't want to do 6 hours of eidolons to max some arcanes(probably more to be honest). 

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

Or, or, and hear me out here: The event only lasts for a short while and introduces something new compared to what we'll always have.

I'd still be playing the event if the arcanes weren't there. I want to use mechs in missions and if I get to do an event to try that out before/if it's implemented then great! If it rewards me with stuff that usually takes a lot of time, commitment and effort to obtain in an easier way with a specific time window, even better!

i totally disagree with the topic like most people.

there should be multiple ways to get things in the game.
being forced to play solely eidolon for hundred of times to get arcanes as the only way to get them is simply blocking the arcanes content on player that doesn't want to play with operator and or baindeadly keep bashing the very same quest (tri eidolon) for hundred of time especially since there is nothing challenging from it , heck it's even possible to solo them.

and devaluation of prices is the normal course of things in every worlds (be it real or virtual).
funny though that only the riven mafia and arcanes mafia are against new ways of obtaining things in the game , who knew.

And i say all that despite not even been able to try out scarlet spear event since i was on warframe hiatus at the time , many people missed that event and weren't able to play it. (especially since it seem that it was incorporated in the story/lore of the game)
i hope it'll come back soon.

1 minute ago, NecroPed said:

I'd still be playing the event if the arcanes weren't there. I want to use mechs in missions and if I get to do an event to try that out before/if it's implemented then great! If it rewards me with stuff that usually takes a lot of time, commitment and effort to obtain in an easier way with a specific time window, even better!

The idea of having to use a mech to complete the event is what's got my interest, for sure.

Archived