Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm new

(XBOX)Skaterj9119

Question

6 answers to this question

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Skaterj9119 said:

Hi I'm doing this I play it for like 5 minutes andrive knew this is for me. I could use a little help and.pointers so if you want add me and shoot me a message

Skaterj#9119

Welcome young Tenno!

I'm on PC but I would say step 1 is to ask for a clan invite in the game chat as there are a great many weapons an other bits of gear you can get blueprints for from the clan dojo. Obviously joining a clan will introduce you to lots of people you can bounce questions off in addition to us here on the forums.

First thing first, do not spend any Endo upgrading your "broken" mods as it is a waste. Your priority should be to find non-broken replacements as they upgrade further, Do not spend your starter plat on anything other than Warframe or weapon slots. You can get plat for free later on but when starting out you are a bit limited in those slots.

Keep on clearing your star chart nodes and completing junctions to open up the map. You don't get Mastery Rank from re-playing a node you have completed already (or re-levelling gear after applying Forma) but Mastery Rank is not an indication of your skill, simply how much gear you have mastered.

Learn the modding system and find Endo to rank up your mods as this is where all of your power comes from. Don't ignore the elemental damage weapon mods as a weapon should typically have 2 or more of these. About a third of your damage comes from these. Periodically check your mods for duplicates as you can dissolve them for Endo (I always keep 1 unranked spare). If you find Ayatan Statues on a map put the Ayatan Stars you are also finding in them and turn them in at Maroo's Bazzar for Endo (you can turn in individual stars and unslotted statues but slotting them gives you more Endo). If you are after certain mods ask amongst your clan as many of us have more duplicates than we can count.

For new Tenno I always suggest getting Rhino as early as possible by killing The Jackal on Venus for his parts. Not only is he an excellent all-rounder frame he has survivability via his Iron Skin which will get you through missions that you may find difficult with the other starter frames. He is alo a perfect example of why you should check the wiki for the specifics of your Warframe powers as some have details that are not immediately obvious. Check the description for Iron Skin.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Rhino#Abilities

Rhino hardens his skin to create a reinforcing buffer with 400 / 600 / 800 / 1200 base health. Rhino's total armor multiplied by 250% is also added to the buffer's health. Upon activation, Iron Skin is invulnerable for 1.5 / 2 / 3 / 3 seconds. All incoming damage that is absorbed during this invulnerability period is converted into health and added to the buffer's health. While the Iron Skin is active, Rhino becomes immune to damage and status effects. Iron Skin will expire when the buffer's health is depleted.

Iron skin has a bit of a "newbie trap" for those that have not read up on it where they just keep Iron Skin on at all times. What you really want to do is activate it when things get hectic and you are taking a pounding because the damage you soak up during that invulnerable phasewhen you activate makes it stronger. He also has a handy augment called Iron Shrapnel which allows you to "burst" your Iron Skin and re-cast at will rather than trying not to let it run out at inoppertune moments.

I know the Plains Of Eidolon/Orb Vallis are available to you very early but my advice is not to go there yet because you will be sniped from far away since it is an open map. Definitely don't go to PoE at night because it really will not end well. Rhino will help keep you alive here as will some other tankier frames but PoE/OV is really for later in the game.

One final tip, credits. When starting out you will be flat broke pretty much all of the time. Another thing that isn't immediately obvious unless you have been through the wiki is that your first mission of the day will pay out double credits. As Dark Sector nodes have higher payouts these will be the source of a lot of your credits early on so make the one with the best payout your first misson every day to maximise the amount of credits you are getting. Duplicate mods can be sold for credits but I would suggest using those for Endo. After a while you will also find you have lots of duplicate parts for the Oberon frame and thosse can be sold for credits too.

That should be enough to get you started but feel free to post any questions you have as we are (for the most part) a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

Try to do as much of the early starchart as you can solo. If you feel you're struggling with a mission - re-think your loadout and tactics. Don't ask the in-game chat for help - ask for advice. While you can easily find people to carry you through any mission, you will not learn anything from doing that. If you try to go solo, the missions will be much harder for you (and may take several attempts) - but they will also teach you a lot more about this game.

In early game, you often get awarded weapon blueprints for completing certain nodes. Build them and learn how to use them - they are almost always upgrades to what you have at that point.

If you are able to build a Forma - build it! Even if you don't know where to use it! Once you figure out what the Forma are and where to use them, you'll be really happy to have built up a stockpile. Then again, don't specifically seek Forma out until you know why you need to seek them out.

DO go to the Plains of Eidolon and the Orb Valis early on - but know your limits. Come back to those areas from time to time, and you will be able to comfortably do more and more of that content each time.

Farm and build all the different frames that drop from bosses. Then use them. While Rhino (as advised above) is a very good and powerful frame, you will benefit greatly from learning different playstyles that come from different frames.

If you come across any Platinum - make sure you have some available for Warframe and Weapon slots (especially Warframe). You will want to have as many different warframes available to you as possible, since that gives you more tactical options to choose from.

Don't worry about MR until you have a reason to. You'll have plenty of time to do that later.

For slightly later on: keep an eye on when Prime frames and weapons get vaulted. Try to farm all the required parts before they do.

I'll agree with the solo comment above. Back when I started players would zip through the mission so fast they would be sitting on the extraction point whilst I was still trying to figure out how to turn the alarms off! Matchmaking is on the top left and not only can you learn at your own pace solo you can also pause the game.

I also agree with the comment above about Rhino, don't limit yourself in frames as almost all are good at one thing or another. Rhino will be your fallback for difficult missions early on though when you are struggling to survive. I know he was for me and even now if I'm going into the "unknown" he is still quite likely to be the frame I pick to test the waters, though he does fit my play style quite well. You may end up hating him but he'll get you past the finish line early on if enemy damage becomes a problem for other frames.

Archived