Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extraction Waypoint disappearing

PhoenixElite

Title. I think something in the  29.6 update reaaaaaaally messed up the waypoints for extraction, because in most missions, they're just, completely way off. I think the problem might be that the extraction waypoint is ON the extraction room itself, and not on any of the tiles leading TO it. This is happening in the vast majority of missions.

I have noticed this mainly in the operation missions,the extraction point is fixed,it is not leading you to it,so i ended up in terminal rooms with no way to get out despite the extraction marker showing it is more ahead,This needs an immediate fix as i almost lost a mission because i wasnt able to extract in time,the sentient control reached 100 as i barely managed to reach the extraction point,despite searching for it when the sentient control was at 30,This needs a fix as it may apply to all endless mission types

When the extraction is available, the green marker appears on the map but the waypoints leading to the extraction point do not appear on-screen, leading me to get lost and/or struggle in endless missions.

The waypoint only appears when I am near the extraction point, however. Other markers appear as normal.

Hello!

There is a huge problem with waypoints that appears from time to time - they actually lead nowhere.

Had to abort survival after 30 minutes because i could not find extraction point - marker did lead me to several dead ends and on big map it was not showing at all.

Hope in 2021 it will get fixed to make game more comfortable.

It disappears and a squad member has to drop a waypoint to find objective or extraction. If youre playing solo then youre either screwed or it takes 20 mins to find your way out. 

I cant be the only person this is happening to, can I?

Btw this is the 2nd thread I've created about this (three rounds of hotfixes) 

Hi part,

Could you include some additional information about this? For instance: The mission name, type, any equipment, whether or not you were host, etc. This seems to happen when the connection between host & client is not so great, so certain information is either omitted or sends conflicting signals that the game interprets incorrectly (i.e. possibly out of order). However, it could also be an issue with a specific mission, so including that detail would be extremely helpful for DE to troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Aesthier said:

I have had this problem in several missions. The waypoint marker system has been failing with increased regularity even to the point of not showing up at all in some instances. (Both open world and in closed missions)

Nice to know Im not alone. I think part of the issue is that I've been posting the bug in the "performance" section rather than "mission"

This bug is extremely annoying, I always have to spent 10-15minutes extra inside survival/disruption/extraction mission to find the extraction location whenever I'm done with the mission.
After the recent update/hotfixes around OV's release, I've always have issues on extraction waypoints on endless missions. It's scuffed in the minimap, only showing the location without the path leading to it. Needless to say it also dissapears from your hud.

Is there any fix to this bug? Or do I have to wait till it's fixed in future hotfixes.

It looks like the extraction waypoint works properly when a reward has just been earned, but it disappears from the HUD as soon as the next orphix spawns, and is only present at its absolute location on the minimap until a reward is earned.

got the same bug, when i do a survival i have to wait until the air support si at "0" and then the extraction waypoint shows up. it's very annoying..

please someone fix this bug or at least let us know that you are doing something about it

This is probably my 4th post on this bug. I do endurance runs often to farm resources from steel path survival, but the extraction waypoint keeps dissapearing. I always take 10-20minutes to find it by checking each route on the tileset. Is there any way to work around this bug while waiting for DE to fix it? (if they ever will)

https://imgur.com/a/gHGouMe

As you can see the waypoint is telling me there is an extractor in my general direction yet there isn't one and it a ghost waypoint marker.

Steps to reproduce: Enter any extraction mission and complete at least one extractor.

And yes if doing a long run mission it is possible to get over 100 stacks of waypoints if doing a disruption mission.

Did you make a customer support ticket about this. I see complaints going back to 2018 and no response from DE. Not fun to potentially waste an hour or more of time in Survival.

This is one of the cases where just a little bit of feedback from DE would go a long way.

Archived