Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE dangerous bet of no real content until big update

Tsoe

On 2021-02-15 at 8:13 AM, Tsoe said:

Hello guys

it look like DE is trying something new for that year

they better dont fail cause no content or gameplay fix for so long is a risky moove

they could at least finished what theystarted last year (frames skills rework) but no they just release useless event with wut? weird skin and cosmetik

i am really scared of warframe loosing too much old and news players cause of that

The reason warframe was successful in its early years was its tribal nature. 

All popular games have a tribal aspect which draws integrity from the self, and attachment. Minecraft and Call of duty are two very different games, but call of duty is an incredibly popular and integral shooter, that contains the potential to garner respect from your school peers, tests reaction and tactical awareness and reaction to threat in a group format. This is extremely addictive. 

Minecraft is like a native-American “vision quest” in a virtual realm, you will develop character archetypes within your group, build and create, survive, develop roles, face threats and develop a deeper understanding of something which is deemed worthwhile, and the people around you too.

I actually think people crave this kind of gameplay, which is why it’s so common at the top of the charts.

Even games like fortnite are a high stakes test of your group’s will and strength, it’s tense, your respect and dominance lie in the balance. 

At the start, warframe had these aspects, clans were ferocious and fighting over things worth while, players had clear personality archetypes and roles, groups mattered, synergy mattered, PVPVE mattered. there was a clear dominance ladder to climb, even in PVE, the leaderboards were hot. People were decorated for bragging rights, high MR meant something. Warframe was an eastern feeling game, like SEKIRO, or metal gear solid, challenging and damanding your respect, fast and complicated, with a deep gameplay with lots to master, with its own dark transhumanist design language. 

I think the blind grind in the loot islands killed the game off for me, LOR style raids could have been vastly expanded on, shaking up the meta each season, carrying leaderboards too. I think the game tries to be too grey. It needs risk and flavour. Feeling powerful isn’t enough when the enemies are cardboard and the abilities don’t work. It’s bland.

One of warframe’s great strengths is its deep history and grandfathered content, it’s a deep trudge into the past. People will one day enjoy playing content that dates back a decade. Few games can contain such an integrity to literally have a mythology to them. I remember carrying a noob through the derelict, telling him about the old events and battles that happened there years ago, you really feel like your part of something when you play warframe which is what makes it unique to me, there are battles you have seen that others will never see again. Things you will have achieved that others will never experience.

On 2021-02-15 at 12:22 AM, o0Despair0o said:

So we're just gonna ignore the steady increase in players?

Based on steam charts, Warframe has been on a steady, if slow, downward trend since mid-2018, with a brief spike to an all-time high for Heart of Deimos, before quickly dropping back down and continuing to decline. Warframe is currently at its lowest amount of average players over a quarter since mid-2017.

It's not like the sky is falling or anything, 50k is extremely good, but it has declined.

1 minute ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Based on steam charts, Warframe has been on a steady, if slow, downward trend since mid-2018, with a brief spike to an all-time high for Heart of Deimos, before quickly dropping back down and continuing to decline. Warframe is currently at its lowest amount of average players over a quarter since mid-2017.

It's not like the sky is falling or anything, 50k is extremely good, but it has declined.

On Steam.

That is one platform, that has had people pulled from by Epic now, for example, not to mention the consoles.

DE has stated in reports they have increased players overall, even while decreasing in some revenue areas.

From what we can tell form all sources, the total player numbers have increased, Steam is not an accurate view, from all of the data points I have seen.

31 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Riiiiight let me just quote myself AGAIN;

Of course someone's gonna bring up steam charts.

Right, so, 2 things:

1 - There is always a drop in players between large updates

2 - Steam isn't the only platform. There's also Xbox, Playstation, Switch, Epic and the standalone launcher, all of which are not part of the steam charts.

Are we done now?

vor 29 Minuten schrieb o0Despair0o:

Riiiiight let me just quote myself AGAIN;

Of course someone's gonna bring up steam charts.

Right, so, 2 things:

1 - There is always a drop in players between large updates

2 - Steam isn't the only platform. There's also Xbox, Playstation, Switch, Epic and the standalone launcher, all of which are not part of the steam charts.

Are we done now?

I have just one more question, then we’re done: Do you honestly believe that the timespan between mid-2018 and early 2021 counts as „between large updates“?

Archived