Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE dangerous bet of no real content until big update

Tsoe

Hello guys

it look like DE is trying something new for that year

they better dont fail cause no content or gameplay fix for so long is a risky moove

they could at least finished what theystarted last year (frames skills rework) but no they just release useless event with wut? weird skin and cosmetik

i am really scared of warframe loosing too much old and news players cause of that

13 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

Hello guys

they better dont fail cause no content or gameplay fix for so long is a risky moove

they could at least finished what theystarted last year (frames skills rework) but no they just release useless event with wut? weird skin and cosmetik

i am really scared of warframe loosing too much old and news players cause of that

Do you have any idea at all what you're talking about? 

Fortunately/Unfortunately , warframe has enough content to get by purely on new players coming in, playing enough to buy atleast one plat bundle , dropping a few plats and never logging in again.

Since I do not work at DE I do not know the attrition rate of players ,

since it is a P2P architecture there is relatively little investment needed (not negligible) outside of employee upkeep.

So there is little they actually need to do , only the players that have played for a significant amount of time will feel there is less content , the fresh blood has much to consume.

So one update quarterly is sufficient to keep them afloat in my opinion.

Define "real content". Orphix Venom only ended a few weeks ago, Nightwave Intermission started at the beginning on the month, Star Days just started, Chinese New Year alerts and items are going to drop on the 16th, Octavia Prime will arrive on the 23rd, and Corpus Railjack (plus Queenpin?) will arrive in "spring".

What "risk" are they taking here exactly?

I find if you buy a container of Hundreds and Thousands step out your back door and open them and throw them in a sweeping action across the lawn and then don't come back inside until you've picked them all up. It's good distraction from everything in life.

Spoiler

340828011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=3b051

In other words I can always find things to do in Warframe, without the need of the above for alleged content worry that some players need to take up, plus they're nice on bread and butter. :tongue:

1 hour ago, Tsoe said:

some old players seem to get bored when they got everything

but for new players unless they play 24/7. warframe have content for years

so if they leave the game after a while they most likely dont find it their cup of tea.

2 hours ago, Tsoe said:

they could at least finished what theystarted last year (frames skills rework)

They are finishing what they started last year. The event aside, they were going to push out the corpus railjack last year, but said it needed more time. As for warframe reworks, these are constantly being looked at, but it takes a long time to re-evaluate these things.

There's always someone who will complain content isn't coming fast enough or high quality enough.

Big content releases like CotT need time and manpower, so they changed the Devstream schedules for more dev time and pumped out what's ready to come out (Star Days, etc).

4 hours ago, Tsoe said:

what in the fluorescent flying F-word are you even talking about?

they are in the process of adding to Railjack and Liches, a quest and new frame, plus a bunch of other stuff.  updates take time if you want them to be done properly and not just a bug-filled mess like Railjack's launch was. in the meantime, if they can keep people's interest with low-effort limited-time shops, why shouldn't they? if DE rushed out the next major update, it would be a totally garbage experience and then you and everybody else would be whining about how it needed more time.

just be patient and let them do what they need to do.

4 hours ago, Tsoe said:

Hello guys

That's why I can't take founders seriously, they are the ones who most complain about anything.

You are still in the mastery 25, low standing level at vox solaris, even got 10 hydrolyst captures, so tell me how, how did you manage to run out of content without finishing the game?

I think Digital Extremes is much more dedicated to the game than they were years ago when the only content was LoR and Jordas, even more in pandemic times.

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Most players probably don't even need new content.

This game has so many game mods weapons warframes and whatnot that only the *@##$y, whiny, cry baby veterans start to complain when they don't get any new toys.

Except for the part where Warframe has loads of gear and no where to really use them in any sort of endgame gameplay loop. The only endgame loop that really exists is Riven Mods, but we both know that's not a good system as it stands right now, especially when it tweaks with player inventories every 90 days.

12 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Except for the part where Warframe has loads of gear and no where to really use them in any sort of endgame gameplay loop. The only endgame loop that really exists is Riven Mods, but we both know that's not a good system as it stands right now, especially when it tweaks with player inventories every 90 days.

Ah yes. The end game. The mysterious end game that somehow would grant infinite replayability to the game.

Probably with "good, interesting and meaningful rewards". Whatever that is. 

How about you just play. And have fun. Instead of waiting for some game mode that can't exist. Because nothing is end game or can be endgame because whatever. 

4 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Most players probably don't even need new content.

This game has so many game mods weapons warframes and whatnot that only the *@##$y, whiny, cry baby veterans start to complain when they don't get any new toys.

do you even read? you Know wut mean gameplay?

that' topic is not related with my rank or mastery

you being a founder racist or something?

i dont care about new toy

as you can see i am mastery something around 25

i dont care of having new frames or new weapons or being rank 30

i want them to rework old content , finish what they strarted , before launching another big new update

that's not related with having new stuff

but polishing what we allready have

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

That's why I can't take founders seriously, they are the ones who most complain about anything.

You are still in the mastery 25, low standing level at vox solaris, even got 10 hydrolyst captures, so tell me how, how did you manage to run out of content without finishing the game?

I think Digital Extremes is much more dedicated to the game than they were years ago when the only content was LoR and Jordas, even more in pandemic times.

you too learn to read and dont be founder racist that's ridiculous

i am asking for gameplay polish not content

that's the very point of my tread , dont think we need new cosmetik or new stuff before the gameplay and the old content is fixed

warframes skills scaling , status , mods ,IA , unfinished melee 3.0 and wut next

Just now, ------Solo------ said:

People come, people go and we are not losing players, its quite the opposite we gained some so i am not really sure where you are getting the data of "losing too many old and new players" from. 
Relax. 

i have no data , i was just saying i was scared of it

i saw a tread about warframe loosing a lot of players but well the source were talking about warframe not being in the top 10 anymore or something so its not the best source

9 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

i have no data , i was just saying i was scared of it

i saw a tread about warframe loosing a lot of players but well the source were talking about warframe not being in the top 10 anymore or something so its not the best source

Warframe used to set at 7 to 8 on steam.   Now they sit at 16 to 17.  They lost players after rail jack.   But they are trying to make up for the no man's sky that railjack was. . Their clearly working on something big. .  And   DE need time to fix rauljack, it's dev heavy.  Lets hope  it's good 

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

Don't tar us all with the same brush as him/her/them, please.

16 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

dont be founder racist

"Founder" is not a race.

To be fair, I haven't logged in since  the last event start. I'll get back on the game to farm the next prime but in terms of updates it's no good, I'm currently boycotting that nonsense ephemera event and I'm in no rush for the intermission either. I mean I haven't even tryed Lavos yet lol. It's in the foundry since the event. Cedo however was fun.

There are too much good games around...

15 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

i am asking for gameplay polish not content

What content needs polish though? Everything is fleshed out and works perfectly well for what it was intended. The things that do need polish and further work are the two things they are currently working on improving and adding additions to, which would be Railjack and the Lich system.

If you are talking about improving and updating old modes like defense, survival, extermination etc. you are effectively asking for completely new modes given that they'd have to be reworked.

As for being scared that WF will lose players. It is one of few PvE games that does nearly as good as massive PvP or survival games.

Archived