Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE: Lockers..

Seditious_Spyke

Dear DE, creators of my favourite timesink during Lockdown, Lockers.. i no Longer interact with them

At a certain point during this weeks nightwave, i realized. Outside of cache opening.. i never interact with lockers anymore, I see them, they are pretty pretty, but i never-ever-ever bother to slide over to one and hit my function key to open them. Because.. it breaks the flow of the game & i don't need to anymore. At some point, these loot lockers.. became pointless for me.
When i want Loot? i equip carrier & he breaks open containers & i'm happy with that.. But what if.. he could also force open lockers? Making them at least.. semi useful? & not a forgotten mechanic from my MR15 days..

• Lockers serve no function / do not get interacted with, beyond 'cache' objectives past a certain point in warframe - this is sad, & should be brought up & addressed, as otherwise, they are just wasted!

My proposed solution is a 'Prime Looter' mod (for carrier), brought by barro, that 'forces open loot crates & lockers, within 10m'

Hopefully, this gets seen by somebody at the Team

If it does so.. Thank you for your consideration

(p.s - why can't we have Lockers as orbiter decoration? I would love some orokin/void tileset lockers inside my golden orbiter!)

I would like this as an Exilus or pet mod. I use Xaku to pop containers but for lockers I just run up and press X, but after the first 20 in a mission I manage to skip the rest. So many missed resources and ayatan stars....

Sometimes I like to explore the missions and open up everything, most of the time I am just rushing through a level not paying attention to anything but the main objective. 

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I would like this as an Exilus or pet mod.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Scavenge

Isn't this pretty much what the TC is asking for?

If not, there is also this:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Thief

Carrier Specifically doesn't have a mod to open locked lockers but kubrows and kavats have had a mod that reliably opens lockers (I say reliably but the pet AI can be a little wonky. 'Reliably' insofar as this is warframe we're talking about).

You can have the old corpus lockers as decorations, but they are tiny, aka smaller than a warframe noggle

Lockers are easy to open and so you get loot (some of it unique like stars), so technically they are the easiest way to aquire materials for things, so having them spread out gives it some balance otherwise they would be alot better than actual killing.

Efficiency however determines that you should kill and loot at the same time and the only way this can be achieved is pretty much in survivals since you're stuck in the mission, looting is encouraged in this type of mission because it's possible to loot while you kill, if you do it, overtime the lockers will provide loot to cut material and endo grind that can save you hours of gameplay, again warframe while it forces you to waste time in missions, if you trully use that time, you'll be at a significant advantage when it comes to crafting, replaying missions and power.

I also open lockers, but only if they are with the flow of the game and not in some dead end, otherwise you sacrifice killing to open lockers and you end up with the same content resource wise.

Your sugestion is great, but DE made lockers a niche thing, it's neither an enemy nor a crate, you have to interact with them, so it's up to the player to decide if opening a locker is a good thing to do. If you give an item that automatically opens lockers, you raise the efficiency in missions by alot, in fact newer players will instantly see a bump in materials aquired in missions, reducing the grind heavily early on, so i don't think DE will like that idea.

32 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Scavenge

Isn't this pretty much what the TC is asking for?

If not, there is also this:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Thief

Carrier Specifically doesn't have a mod to open locked lockers but kubrows and kavats have had a mod that reliably opens lockers (I say reliably but the pet AI can be a little wonky. 'Reliably' insofar as this is warframe we're talking about).

But you still have to "press X", am I right? OP want this automated. Honestly, most "press X" should be automated (like picking ayatans).

1 hour ago, Seditious_Spyke said:

but i never-ever-ever bother to slide over to one and hit my function key to open them.

Once I suggested automatic locker opening if you run beside them.   Warframe would extend his/her hand and simply slide it across all those lockers as you run by....or something like that.

Limited range, yes....but you don't have to mash any keys. Just walk close enough to locker for your frame to slap it (animation will be overridden by other actions of course, not to get in the way)

53 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Your sugestion is great . If you give an item that automatically opens lockers, you raise the efficiency in missions by alot, in fact newer players will instantly see a bump in materials aquired in missions, reducing the grind heavily early on, so i don't think DE will like that idea.

This is why my suggestion is to put it behind the rotating, timed, unique resource requiring, gated loot table, that is Barro. :) - Thank you for the acknowledgment

Archived