Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #152 told us buffs are coming for primary and secondary guns — please do not forget archguns!

SteveCutler

Devstream #152 discussed the inbalance between guns and melee weapons. They said that melee will see a slight nerf by e.g. removing staggers from stance attacks, but mostly guns will see buffs in the form of new primary and secondary mods.

This worries me for two reasons. Personally, I think that melee really needs a big nerf (remove Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds). Guns don't need to be buffed. This will just make the game even easier than it already is. But that's just my opinion and not the point of this thread.

The reason I'm posting this is because of the other concern: archguns / heavy weapons were not mentioned at all. I hope that these are not being forgotten. Most archguns are already underpowered compared to primary and secondary weapons, due to their weak mods. If they buff primaries and secondaries even further by giving them even better mods, this gap is just going to widen even more!

If you're going to buff primaries and secondaries, please do not forget about archguns. Please rebalance them accordingly.

28 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

I think that melee really needs a big nerf (remove Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds).

personally, i think you just made it on many players "to-be-killed-at sight" list for that statement ^^)

joke aside, it's not that the melees need nerfing but the ranged need a big improvement to come to an equal overkill level. the stagger removing would be ok in my book since i'm really rely on them, so that's that... but as we dully noted over the years, DE is not always doing it the way we though they would do therefore i reserve final judgement until the change hit us.

and yes, even more than the 'normal' ranged guns, the AW's need even more improvements... that is the HEAVY guns need them since as AW's they are pretty much ok (ok, ok, a few of them are and the rest are... well... you know what i mean ^^)  but seriously: even the name "heavy gun" is a joke in warframe when you compare them with not only the primary 'mainguns' but with our secondary 'sidearms' - a heavy weapon should have trementous fireopower (even for WF-standards) but make the user slow and less agil and the ammo ofc should be more rare (no time-nonsense imo)... this we already have and even the no-quick-melee is ok with me. what isn't ok (beside them being weak-sauce toy-gun in ground fight - im comparison, mind you) is the way we have to 'deploy' them. they should just work as a 4th weapon slot with us being able to switch between all 4 choosen weapons like we have now for our 3 weapons.

better yet, we should be able to choose freely what we put in those 4 weapon slots, regardless of weapon kind (yes, i mean you could go in with 4 melee stick if you really want too or 4 kind of pistols/smgs, main or heavy weapons). for lets face it: the power of many secondaries is higher than of many primary ones and the only real difference is the amount of ammo (and not even that is always the case). at least the argument of what we can carry or not is meaningless in the game when you consider what already carrying around with us (IF we actually carry anything beside the weapon in use at a given moment... i think it more like the gun we currently hold is somewhat 'teleported' into our hands on switching (yes, i know we can make them 'shown' on our backs' if we want to - which i always found terrible distracting, so screw it). ofc we could also go with a 'weight-system' like many games with multiple gun-choices do... not sure if this would be a good way (i rather doubt that) but who knows...

ok ѕhit... that wasn't suppose to be that long again.... sorry...

2 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

The reason I'm posting this is because of the other concern: archguns / heavy weapons were not mentioned at all. I hope that these are not being forgotten. Most archguns are already underpowered compared to primary and secondary weapons, due to their weak mods. If they buff primaries and secondaries even further by giving them even better mods, this gap is just going to widen even more!

If you're going to buff primaries and secondaries, please do not forget about archguns. Please rebalance them accordingly.

This is nice, everything above this is stupid tho. Nice post man 👍🏽

7 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

Personally, I think that melee really needs a big nerf (remove Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds). Guns don't need to be buffed.

Nope. Compare melee with guns of roughly the same tier using only basic mods: melee is far stronger, even in single-target DPS, even without Acolyte Mods.

Removing those mods won't solve that problem, 'cos it's the base stats which are imbalanced.

14 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

Personally, I think that melee really needs a big nerf (remove Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds).

Couldn't agree more, especially for Blood Rush. It adds such a ridiculous multiplicative value on the total damage (because of the nature of crit multipliers) that it just becomes plain ridiculous.

The "complete a mission only by pressing E" squad will still want to hang you (maybe me too) over this though.

Edited for better clarifying my choice of words.

Archived