Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Home Time #45!

[DE]Megan

If you are looking for some feedback on the new Twitch Drop system, it is complete crap.  I watched 3 hours of streams this week (I never can watch the Wednesday one), and managed to get exactly two drops.  Today's Home Time somehow managed to count for 1 drop and 73% of another drop, even though I watched every second of it.  If you guys are up for correcting this (Twitch support is worthless), it would be nice to have the other three grab bags added to my account (and all the other people's accounts who got screwed out of drops).

Please go back to the previous drop system.  It had its issues, but it would have worked out better than this new garbage.

Aside from the Twitch Drop failure, it was a great stream, though!

17 minutes ago, etherghost said:

If you are looking for some feedback on the new Twitch Drop system, it is complete crap.  I watched 3 hours of streams this week (I never can watch the Wednesday one), and managed to get exactly two drops.  Today's Home Time somehow managed to count for 1 drop and 73% of another drop, even though I watched every second of it.  If you guys are up for correcting this (Twitch support is worthless), it would be nice to have the other three grab bags added to my account (and all the other people's accounts who got screwed out of drops).

Please go back to the previous drop system.  It had its issues, but it would have worked out better than this new garbage.

Aside from the Twitch Drop failure, it was a great stream, though!

The new Twitch drop system is a change and a requirement on Twitch's side, not a decision of DE's. That said, Megan has been mentioning over the last few weeks that they are monitoring it will try different things to see what works.

You're not alone in your opinion about the new system for sure, but they are trying to make it work!

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Instead put GoTL alerts that is available DURING the stream.

I can see the international and working-class players with pitchforks and torches already...

I like the suggestion made by @Voltage. They suggest a one time code released during the stream, the code is only usable for 24 hours after the stream. It sounds like the most efficient option unless there is some back-end issue that makes this unfeasible.

The only reason I can image DE being so resistant to it right now is because they have a contract with Twitch and are obligated to make it work. Why else would the PC launcher screen still have an advertisement for Prime Gaming? I just checked and it is still there on the Prime Access tab.

Spoiler

Old capture from Nezha Prime access: D7RUF94.png

I do not mind this new drop system, but the only thing that bothers me is to check constantly the ''Drop %'' in your Twitch area and hope it does not get bugged or else. The previous one was simple: 30 minutes of stream, log into your Warframe account, reclaim drop.
I hope it gets better, not for me but for everyone else because a lot of people did not get their drops this week.

Hi there! A bit of feedback:

Problem: your videos on YouTube are age restricted, thus we cannot read/expand the description with all the information of the stream (google blocks them with the video). For that, we need to create an account, log in, and give our birthday to Google, click on the "SHOW MORE" to expand the description and let them track everything we view before and after, just to get these public info. It's really cumbersome and privacy-unfriendly, when all this could be avoided.

Solution: could you and your fellow CM duplicate the info here on these threads? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.

6 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I like the suggestion made by @Voltage. They suggest a one time code released during the stream, the code is only usable for 24 hours after the stream. It sounds like the most efficient option unless there is some back-end issue that makes this unfeasible.

I must have made this suggestion years ago because I don't recall thinking of that. It's a great suggestion though. Good job me?

Archived