Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr deluxe is amazing, what are you on about?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

vor einer Stunde schrieb Teljaxx:

Its mostly Otak that's the tries way too hard to be the funny character. Every line just sounds like HAHAHAHAHAHA LAUGH AT ME I'M A CLOWN HAHAHAHAHAHA! and is incredibly distracting.

And all the other family members are such stereotypical sitcom family archetypes that I swear I can hear a laugh track after each line they say. But, funny or not, they are all so unlikable that the first time I talked to them it killed what little motivation I had to spend time on Deimos. Which is the complete opposite of Fortuna, where one of the main things I love about it is the Solaris, and helping them. Because they are properly tragic characters, and not bratty nobility that seem to deserve everything bad that has happened to them.

This is still related to the Zephyr Deluxe skin, too, because its probably a symptom of the same problem. It seems like DE used to actually care about keeping a cohesive theme across the game. All the skins they released, all the new characters they introduced, they all felt like they belonged together. But now, its like they just don't care anymore, and just throw in whatever seems "cool" at the time without much thought. Plus, since they barely do any cosmetic work themselves anymore, of course most of it doesn't really fit together. And most of the new characters they add are such cartoony stereotypes I'm surprised we haven't gotten a literal mustache twirling villain yet.

I just hope DE never goes full Fortnite, and completely abandons any sense of consistency this game still has. One of the main things that attracted me to Warframe in the first place was its style and atmosphere. Its already changed quite a bit, but its at least remained fairly coherent for the most part. And I hope we never start seeing Marvel and Star Wars skins showing up, just for profit's sake.

The character's certainly are overly simplistic, but to me they all represent a personality type/reaction type that can be found in a dysfunctional family-very simplified, but it is there. Tbh, in some of my cases you sometimes find people that act like they live in a tv show, because they badly try to portray what they perceive as a normal family situation.

The idea that people 'deserve' what happened to them is something I have to push away constantly while working; it is an easy, comfortable reaction to the people in front of you behaving like idiots. So, I would say that it is absolutely valid to feel that way about them. 

It is definitely not a perfect portrayal of such a situation, but I still enjoy that it is in the game. But that is probably just a 'me' thing.

I think Otak was supposed to be annoying, not funny. Some people flee into almost infantile behavior, which ends up annoying most other people. I also find him annoying, but personally I see his place in the family constellation.

I definitely wouldn't want any 'pop-culture' crossovers as well, mainly, because I am not a fan of most popular things (not because I am 'special' or 'better', but because I am terribly out of the loop; the last time I watched a movie, I was fourteen years old) and most things look very generic to me. However, for me, graphic and character design are sometimes more important than gameplay, so my opinion probably doesn't aling with most other people's.

On 2021-03-10 at 5:39 PM, PublikDomain said:

It's just not a very flattering skin in motion or from other angles...

https://i.imgur.com/JxAIArx.png

... 😟

And it's gonna suck trying to get cosmetics to fit on this one. None of her existing helmets are going to look good here, though maybe the deluxe helmet will look good on the regular body. idk. I wasn't really hyped for it before, and I'm even less interested now.

Tengu helmet. I just imagined it, along with perfect colors. Gonna be awesome:-)

On 2021-03-10 at 10:47 AM, o0Despair0o said:

I'm saying this as someone who was incredibly hyped for it when I saw the artwork,

Doesn't bother me, I like the dramatic difference between the two.

Only on paper, sadly.

Back To The Future Marty Mcfly Vest - USA Jacket

That's what it looks like.

No they don't. Not even close.

A more "cold" color scheme, black-grey-silver-blue or something. But this? No.

You do you, but if I can't fix the vest by painting it black, I won't buy it.

Don't even get me started on the damn door stops for arms.

Does the revisit top her out at 88 mph also? 😆 

On 2021-03-10 at 11:47 AM, trst said:

It's just another deluxe that's pushing how "out there" deluxe skins can be. Which is fine being that it's sort of the point of them but it does mean that the appeal will be more niche.

However the jacket stands out the most by far and alone will make a lot of people turn away from it. In the end how many people buy it is going to determine on if the jacket is an auxiliary attachment or not and if the skin still looks good without it.

Stylistic extremes are one thing.  But they have to have, well, BOLD STYLE to them and the execution needs to be there.  There is subjectivity in style PREFERENCE  but objectivity in execution, yes?  What style do you see here?  I’m curious.

I ALSO saw previous Gen graphics when I saw the pic and thought my eye was fooled for a second, wondering what this skin is supposed to convey for a bird/wind frame.

On 2021-03-11 at 4:23 PM, Shemarria said:

Seconded.
CONCEPT was great... final execution?
Not so much.

I was wondering how literal they were going to go with the highly abstract art style of the concept we saw.

I literally did NOT tie/marry the two together when I saw the “McFly” model.  No clue. 

Zephyr deluxe looked way better on paper, the mesh is OMG, it looks like it was made by a Blender newbie, I don't get it, Why does it look smooth and spongy ???? Its a Mecha Themed skin, it supposed to have sharp edges !! I'm personally more excited about Zephyr rework than about this skin 

11 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

Zephyr deluxe looked way better on paper, the mesh is OMG, it looks like it was made by a Blender newbie, I don't get it, Why does it look smooth and spongy ???? Its a Mecha Themed skin, it supposed to have sharp edges !! I'm personally more excited about Zephyr rework than about this skin 

This is the problem with all Liger's designs. they look great as a static, 2D image, where you can sit and admire all the fine details. But once its translated into 3D, and you see it in motion, it just become a mess. All that complexity is lost in all the other graphics of the game, and just turns the whole thing into an amorphous blob.

This is one of the main things Overwatch got right with its art style. All the character designs focus on giving them big obvious features, instead of covering them in tiny little details. This is what gives them each their own unique, and easily recognizable silhouette. So even when you have several characters all running around in a big group, and special ability effects going off all over the place, you can still tell who's who, and pick your targets properly. And even if they have one of the silly, lore breaking skins that makes them look completely different, they still have a very similar silhouette to their default skin.

Liger's skins don't do that either. This Zephyr skin is a completely different shape compared to standard or Prime Zephyr. It may as well have been a completely new Frame, really. But, at least this isn't as huge an issue in Warframe, since its not PvP, and you probably wont get killed by not instantly knowing exactly what Frame you're looking at in a mission.

Archived