Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am about done with this game.

Malorensiad

I have been playing off and on for multiple years now on PS4. I just moved to PC a few months ago. Having to start over was already a pain, but that’s not even what I am discouraged about.

Nothing is explained. Absolutely nothing. Start a new mission you haven’t done before, and there are no open squads for, oh a new boss, oh a boss fight, oh he’s immune. Lotus comes up and says to “kill it” and, “that’s now working”, no way, it isn’t working. I can clearly see that it isn’t working!!! Why is there NEVER any guidance or help IN THE GAME!!! I shouldn’t have to leave the damned game every time I want to find out how to do something in the game!!! This is 101 stuff.

I want to be in love with this game, and spend money on it because it is “free to play”, just not when you have to spend either months or a few bucks to be invincible while you spend an hour figuring out how to damage something in a mission, that should be told to you when you encounter it the first time.

It seems to me that the player isn’t as important as forcing dread or debt upon them. I don’t get a business model that forces players to leave the game they are playing to be able to play it. It just doesn’t make sense. It also pushes a boatload of people away from the game, hence cutting your possible profits long term. 

Asking other players here on the forum or on reddit or asking Google takes only a few minutes. There should be more games that don't hold your hand through everything and only give you the very basics. That actually forces you to take your time and learn what, why, where, when and how.

40 minutes ago, Malorensiad said:

-snip-

Right on the contrary, the best games were made without any tutorials and are probably older than you.

But other than that, there's an endless number of tutorials, videos, forums and a designated chat channel for beginners, if you can't figure something out by trial and error. 

I understand that there are opinions different than mine. I’m fully aware that there are videos and tutorials, OUTSIDE OF THE GAME!!! I also started on original Nintendo and worked my way up. So I’m plenty old and have played hundreds if not thousands of games. The way this is set up is not perfect and those players who are ridiculing my opinion without having an argument other than, videos exist, isn’t helpful. I do find it hilarious how fast people come out of the woodwork to defend the fact that there isn’t any help from the creators of the game. It shows me how long YOU have put up with it, so therefore I must as well. My frustration about there being a absolutely nothing in the game to help you, is wrong and a huge waste of time. Why is there even a codex? Tell me why that is there if it doesn’t actually give you any information? There is redundant garbage in the game. There just is. Your arguments that the game is perfect the way it is are unfounded and wrong. Because it clearly can be better. It does make me laugh though. So keep those nonsense and unhelpful comments coming. Lol

1 hour ago, Leyvonne said:

Asking other players here on the forum or on reddit or asking Google takes only a few minutes. There should be more games that don't hold your hand through everything and only give you the very basics. That actually forces you to take your time and learn what, why, where, when and how.

A few minutes, times hundred of times, is my whole problem. Make it in game. 

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

I suggest you watching guides on youtube if you find the game to difficult , it can be very useful as many warframe youtubers provide plenty of tips on their videos .

It’s not the difficulty. Didn’t think I was implying it was. Could be wrong. I am frustrated that there is no help for the player by the maker. The players are the only support system. They are being expected to do the job of the makers for them by giving the information out. It is a backwards system. I am aware that the people who have been playing and already know everything are just happy as clams. But there are thousands of not more that are having my problem. A problem that could be fixed. My problem is that there is a problem, a fixable problem. Maybe I just need to bend over with the rest of the populous. 

2 hours ago, disrawtomato said:

Right on the contrary, the best games were made without any tutorials and are probably older than you.

But other than that, there's an endless number of tutorials, videos, forums and a designated chat channel for beginners, if you can't figure something out by trial and error. 

Again, the issue is that none of this is in game. I also appreciate the attempt at trolling. It was super weak, but at least you tried. I have been gaming a very long time. I have played many games. The one thing they share, is they don’t tell the player to just guess, or find it outside of the game. Unless you want to argue ancient technology, then yes you will be able to pull a game out that is similar. So unless you can argue that it DOES in fact exist in the game, then your argument is invalid. 

29 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

Then ask in the Q&A chat in game..

I have attempted that. I get drowned out by people telling me to go to the wiki. It’s always just go find it outside of the game. Stop asking questions that there aren’t answers to, and google it. I do appreciate that advice though. That was pertinent at least. Genuinely. Not being sarcastic. 

Let me put it this way then. 

If you went to a restaurant. You are all telling me, that you would be fine with being told. 

1.) We don’t have menus. You will need to go to another restaurant for those.  

2.) Then once you have a menu. We might have burgers. You will need to go to another restaurant to source ingredients for that dish. 

3.) Then be told you have to find the ingredients in the restaurant and cook your meal yourself.

4.) Then after all of that when you can smell it cooking. You are told that you need to come back in 3 days to eat it. 

You are saying you would all go to that restaurant and call anyone crazy who had a problem with it? Because I don’t believe that for a second.

The vibe I have gotten so far is, we all had to deal with it, so you do to. Instead of, yeah, that would be helpful. 

Nothing will ever change unless something happens to enact change.

My frustration isn’t with the grinding for materials, farming relics, or even waiting for stuff to build. It gives me a reason to come back. I get that. My frustration comes from everything somehow being an Easter egg. It is absurd. 

Being a free to play model, the wait times are used to bring people back since no dev wants people to sit and play for endless numbers of hours. (im a horrible example of this).

I get your menu analogy but if you look at how much content is in the game, the wiki is nearly required reading unless you like surprises and insist on finding your own way around things. Good on you if this is the case.

There is nothing wrong with using 3rd party, player made info to navigate the twisted path that is playing warframe. There is nothing wrong with asking for help to reach resources you cant get to by yourself without progressing in the star chart.

Use whats available. Talk to people. Ask for help.

I'm 100% positive that if you go out for dinner and split the check with friends, the meal itself will not have mattered.

With that said, I'm here to help. Find me in game under the displayed name here and I can happily lend my time to helping you understand the mechanics and other rabbit holes this game has to offer.

Happy hunting, Tenno

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Chuss The Red said:

The ingame help articles in the codex were enough for me to understand the basics back in 2014. Never needed to use the wiki or video guides when approaching something new and i get tired of people suggesting them in chats when things are easy enough to just give a breif explanation.

Everyone learns in their own ways. While some excel at understanding from reading summaries, others need it explained in voice or just in other words. Other just need to be shown and they click instantly. Understanding that the game leaves this method open to interpretation is a big part of understanding how people approach it. If they dont know what they have access to, they dont know where to start. Suggestions of the wiki, video guides or even the discord should be encouraged for this very reason.

These last few replies have been helpful. I appreciate your time and energy. I guess I am just old school when it comes to some things. Life is already an open world with no guidance. I like my leisure time to have a goal I can complete. When the weight of infinity and nowhere to start is your only option in the game, it is relentlessly annoying that there is nothing to do but go somewhere else for information about it. Especially since there are merely, if ever, only whispers of things. You don’t know what is just an NPC saying something, or what is an actual thing you need to do. That feels to me like the responsibility of the game maker to clear up in game, not for me to have to source outside of gameplay. If that is just not an option. I guess that will forever be my gripe about this game. I am still going to play it. And when all is said and done, if that is the worst part about the game, then it is still better than some of the games you have to pay for. 

55 minutes ago, Malorensiad said:

These last few replies have been helpful. I appreciate your time and energy. I guess I am just old school when it comes to some things. Life is already an open world with no guidance. I like my leisure time to have a goal I can complete. When the weight of infinity and nowhere to start is your only option in the game, it is relentlessly annoying that there is nothing to do but go somewhere else for information about it. Especially since there are merely, if ever, only whispers of things. You don’t know what is just an NPC saying something, or what is an actual thing you need to do. That feels to me like the responsibility of the game maker to clear up in game, not for me to have to source outside of gameplay. If that is just not an option. I guess that will forever be my gripe about this game. I am still going to play it. And when all is said and done, if that is the worst part about the game, then it is still better than some of the games you have to pay for. 

I mean, i started this game for the first time too, to me its more fun not having things explained to your face, it leaves you to learn it on your own, heck it took me 2 months before i knew i could bullet jump, the discovery made me feel amazing! That kind of feeling is what the starter experience is ment to feel like to me.

Idk, i guess i just enjoyed the experience...kinda miss it tbh

4 hours ago, (XBOX)MemeulesRift said:

I mean, i started this game for the first time too, to me its more fun not having things explained to your face, it leaves you to learn it on your own, heck it took me 2 months before i knew i could bullet jump, the discovery made me feel amazing! That kind of feeling is what the starter experience is ment to feel like to me.

Idk, i guess i just enjoyed the experience...kinda miss it tbh

The grass is always greener, right?

There is some in-game information for how to do non-boss mission types - it's in the codex terminal under the "missions" tab, though I don't know if the game ever lets you know that this exists. If we had a sensible menu interface with readable text, then people might not be so confused, but as it is now you're only doing pixel hunting.

That said, the rest of the game has terrible guidance. A word to the OP: if you ever see a Grineer kneeling down with an icon above their head, run the other way and do not touch them. In the next update, you'll need to worry about Corpus doing this as well.

Why? That shoves you into a completely unexplained game mechanic which will only bring you suffering.

7 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

There is some in-game information for how to do non-boss mission types - it's in the codex terminal under the "missions" tab, though I don't know if the game ever lets you know that this exists. If we had a sensible menu interface with readable text, then people might not be so confused, but as it is now you're only doing pixel hunting.

That said, the rest of the game has terrible guidance. A word to the OP: if you ever see a Grineer kneeling down with an icon above their head, run the other way and do not touch them. In the next update, you'll need to worry about Corpus doing this as well.

Why? That shoves you into a completely unexplained game mechanic which will only bring you suffering.

Lol. Thanks for the advice. 

Warframe has one of the worst tutorial system in the gaming industry. The game is so bloated with content it's hard to keep track of them all.

You either accept the fact that you have to open the wiki at ALL times or stop playing. I am not holding my breath about a better ingame tutorial system

Le 14/03/2021 à 18:50, Malorensiad a dit :

Nothing is explained. Absolutely nothing. Start a new mission you haven’t done before, and there are no open squads for, oh a new boss, oh a boss fight, oh he’s immune. Lotus comes up and says to “kill it” and, “that’s now working”, no way, it isn’t working. I can clearly see that it isn’t working!!! Why is there NEVER any guidance or help IN THE GAME!!! I shouldn’t have to leave the damned game every time I want to find out how to do something in the game!!! This is 101 stuff.

I just can't remember a single game i never had to look outside of it to get some infos about the game. And any games with some level of complexity in term of mechanics never achieved it.

I want to be in love with this game, and spend money on it because it is “free to play”, just not when you have to spend either months or a few bucks to be invincible while you spend an hour figuring out how to damage something in a mission, that should be told to you when you encounter it the first time.

This first part doesn't make sense to me. I don't care what the business model of a game is, i care about the game itself...

Second part lacks specifics... Never seen someone being invincible by spending money though... And there are ways to get it for free if you look a bit about how to get platinum.

Well there are many differents approach to game, and some prefer to discover new mechanics by themselves... I'm confused about the spending an hour on finding how to damage something... like not specific about what you're talking about and pretty sure you've a problem in the way you search infos if you spend an hour for that.

It seems to me that the player isn’t as important as forcing dread or debt upon them. I don’t get a business model that forces players to leave the game they are playing to be able to play it. It just doesn’t make sense. It also pushes a boatload of people away from the game, hence cutting your possible profits long term. 

Also means you've the opportunity to find the best source of info that works for you... A ingame tutorial can be failed and more confusing ...
I've seen so many people discussing business models and ... well... don't care about your opinion to be honest. 

Le 14/03/2021 à 21:25, Malorensiad a dit :

Your arguments that the game is perfect the way it is are unfounded and wrong. Because it clearly can be better. It does make me laugh though. So keep those nonsense and unhelpful comments coming. Lol

So far the only arguments i've seen from you is 'i'm lazy and dont' want to search things for games" Like... not very compelling imo.

Le 14/03/2021 à 22:59, Malorensiad a dit :

I have attempted that. I get drowned out by people telling me to go to the wiki. It’s always just go find it outside of the game. Stop asking questions that there aren’t answers to, and google it. I do appreciate that advice though. That was pertinent at least. Genuinely. Not being sarcastic. 

It depends massively on what you ask. Like won't give a lesson to everyone trying to figure out how to get some specific fishing components, or a lich weapon. I'm playing a game to kill things, not to be a school teacher for people entitled to find everything in the game.

Le 15/03/2021 à 00:00, Malorensiad a dit :

Let me put it this way then. 

If you went to a restaurant. You are all telling me, that you would be fine with being told. 

1.) We don’t have menus. You will need to go to another restaurant for those.  

2.) Then once you have a menu. We might have burgers. You will need to go to another restaurant to source ingredients for that dish. 

3.) Then be told you have to find the ingredients in the restaurant and cook your meal yourself.

4.) Then after all of that when you can smell it cooking. You are told that you need to come back in 3 days to eat it. 

You are saying you would all go to that restaurant and call anyone crazy who had a problem with it? Because I don’t believe that for a second.

The vibe I have gotten so far is, we all had to deal with it, so you do to. Instead of, yeah, that would be helpful. 

Nothing will ever change unless something happens to enact change.

My frustration isn’t with the grinding for materials, farming relics, or even waiting for stuff to build. It gives me a reason to come back. I get that. My frustration comes from everything somehow being an Easter egg. It is absurd. 

1/ There's no restaurant that would do that... And you don't have to get there.

2/ Oh... wait... i thought there was something going on but nope... completely irrelevant comparison there.

That change is Money btw.

Great easter season comes soon can't wait for it :D

Archived