Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Railjack isnt Railjack anymore

Taiepii

its funny cuz you would think they would have copied scarlet spear for the endless missions and just do something like that for them XD 

just keep going flying from capital ship to capital ship until you cant survive anymore and then just head to the checkpoint when you want the mission to end 

5 hours ago, CyborgJellyfish said:

guess my point is that the people who love it for the content don't care how quick we level - most of us are probably already maxed (or close to) anyways. Personally I'm 10/9/10/10/9 with 313 intrinsics so far and I've forma'd my Plexus once already. Seriously considering an Aura Forma on it just because I want to, though one forma was already overkill so it isn't necessary in the slightest for progression...

Talking about if we do care how fast we leveled thank to Giant point.
This took me the first day only. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

You can trust me, I'm not actively looking for loot cave. Cause I already have what I need. 
I'm honestly looking for Giant point gameplay that DOESN'T include ground mission. 

to add my feedback to the OP : I am currently farming the Nautilus (after having being quite lucky with the penta carmine, but I farmed it the same way).
I mostly solo, not because I don't have a team, but because multiplayer is currently too buggy.
I am farming volatile because it seems to be the fastest missions ~10min

So far missions are like :
- set 1 crew to pilot, 1 crew as gunner, a Lich as defender
- take pilot seat to get close to the white marker
- exit and dash with the archwing, enter the mine, rush to the console to hack it.
- teleport back to the railjack
- take pilot seat to get close to the main mission
- exit in archwing and do whatever you're asked for (destroy X nodes, and Y crewships, for crewship I do it the old way but it's not really longer than assign crewmate to anything but gunner and then reassign it to pilote)
- enter the Corpus capital ship, and do the volatile mission
- rush to the exit (because you can't teleport)
- set pilot to engineer, and pilot the railjack to have a LOS on the weakpoints
- pew pew the weakpoints, set the crewmate back to pilot

rince / repeat.

Absolutely no dogfight, the only time I use pilot the railjack is to get close to objectives, the only time I use the big gun is to destroy weakpoints,
It reminds me the first few hous of railjack when you had to park it far far away and do everything with archwing.

--> Let the pilot use the forward artillery
--> remove the mandatory "kill X crewship" it was already boring in railjack 1.0
--> don't make endless missions on ground
--> add at least one real space combat mission per planet

3 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

am farming volatile because it seems to be the fastest missions

I farmed the Exterminate missions for Nautilus, I think they are faster - only 60 enemies to kill, it takes longer to run through the ship map.

the multiplayer is easier, and faster if you have 2 people: one gets dropped off at the ice mine, the other then pilots to the target ship, blasts a crewship enroute, and zaps the security nodes. Then you enter and the last one in is usually the ice mine player who has just finished by then - they get teleported to the ground mission by Cy.

Extermination and defense missions need to be remove. And the skirmish back to railjack. I like railjack because i like fight using my railjack....not using like a taxi -.-

And the defense mission map are horrible thing. Same with extermination....too big map! And the drone things spawn very far away...like 200m or more in a giant maze with many levels....a bad experience overal.

This maps they are here since protea/granum thing. I always ignore void fissures in this maps.

On 2021-03-23 at 4:15 AM, Vaml77 said:

Extermination and defense missions need to be remove. And the skirmish back to railjack. I like railjack because i like fight using my railjack....not using like a taxi -.-

The point is not to remove stuff, but add options. So that every one have they share of mission liking. 

Like they did when they added Orphix for Arcane drop. Its open to other player liking, I'm personally did hunting a lot about 3k cap so I don't care about this addition but if they removed Hunting for Orphix here I will be mad. 

It same for those Defense & Extermination , some people might like it. So let's not remove them. But I agree that we should get Skirmish for Corpus as addition not replacement.  

1 hour ago, Taiepii said:

The point is not to remove stuff, but add options. So that every one have they share of mission liking. 

Like they did when they added Orphix for Arcane drop. Its open to other player liking, I'm personally did hunting a lot about 3k cap so I don't care about this addition but if they removed Hunting for Orphix here I will be mad. 

It same for those Defense & Extermination , some people might like it. So let's not remove them. But I agree that we should get Skirmish for Corpus as addition not replacement.  

Agree. Everybody need options. I hope DE see this.

not sure if this was pointed out already but the while dome charges and the like are in individual pools, crafting still refills everyone so the guy on artillery can still ask others to craft dome charges for them, or the gunners can request more ordinance.

which does makes it difficult to understand for new (and old) players - the forge + amounts shown don't appear to add up to the final amount you get from 1 forging.

And all it really means is that a dedicated engineer role no longer can patch all holes without returning for more revolite , or dome charges - its now a shared role as no-one has enough to fulfil more than 1 or 2 tasks (eg can;t shoot down 3 crewships if everyone only has 2 charges). To those used to roles on a RJ, it makes it confusing, nobody knows who should do what, and so everything is now down to you, if you have enough "ammo".

I think DE is missing out on critical data by not making a poll after releasing this update. Something like asking "What's better? the vs Grineer or vs Corpus? both? neither ?" - and see how it goes.

Personally, I side with the dogfighter over ground mission gameplay, the Grineer missions are better now, even if I prefer Corpus as a faction to fight. After checking the drops, I'm just going to ignore the side objectives, since they:

-only give extra materials that I allready don't need

-the stupid drone chase around the map. I felt like a cat chasing a laser point and I absolutely hated it. It's content like this that brings me to minmax and cheese.

-there is no real chanche to the fighting feel. Corpus are supposed to be high tech, how is a "Cyclops Array" less frightening with its soap bubbles than the Grineer death beam?

Not to mention that sometimes, and this happened in old rj too, the side objective bugged and the bullets/lasers keep coming out after you.

After reading a bit, I guess the player choice should be validated instead of "gagging" the Railjack or giving you just a few bits of unbalanced foot mission.

From watching devstream today:

- railjack taxi (space pew pew + separated ground mission) seems to be set in stone for now.

- probably not possible to open multiple relics in void storms.

- not even mentioning  railjack/warframe energy topic???

- railjack host option gone for now....

... I did not had the biggest expectations for this railjack update since so many disappointments and still somehow surprised how far away railjack is now from the original concept which was really promising.

23 minutes ago, sorcer3r said:

From watching devstream today:

- railjack taxi (space pew pew + separated ground mission) seems to be set in stone for now.

- probably not possible to open multiple relics in void storms.

- not even mentioning  railjack/warframe energy topic???

- railjack host option gone for now....

... I did not had the biggest expectations for this railjack update since so many disappointments and still somehow surprised how far away railjack is now from the original concept which was really promising.

There were only proud to show off how they nerfed Tether, making other Battle avionic shine off. 
They didn't mention about the huge amount of complain about Taxi Railjack & Warframe Energy problem. And if they plan to do something about it. 

DE should really take an example to Mihoyo, that make a survey after each major update, in order to grab an accurate point of view of the community. Im sure they will have a lot of surprise of how bad the general review is. 
Cause judging the community "point of view" by looking at the usage & popularity is just wrong.

They only survey I could remember of is during Lich release. 

On 2021-03-25 at 5:57 PM, Drasiel said:

not sure if this was pointed out already but the while dome charges and the like are in individual pools, crafting still refills everyone so the guy on artillery can still ask others to craft dome charges for them, or the gunners can request more ordinance.

Didn't realize on early time, when I did the post. 
But you right, and its sort of OP compare to before. I fixed my post

Archived