Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix missions are the worst experience i've had in this game since i started.

CarrotSalad

Seriously... I have no idea what im doing..

So i killed 1 orphix and the 2nd one im slowly grinding its health down while having to revive dead kavats and being warped back to my warframe.

Then i get message advising me to exit the ship.
So i start heading back but oh no i cant. Coz another orphix has spawned behind me.
Som im trapped inbetween 2 orphixes..

Ughhh.. Im so frustrated if this is by design.

if you played the event then it's nothing major. 

the orphix in the mission are quite fast compare to event. you just need to do 3 orphix then extract if you want. you lose nothing even if it reaches 100% sentient activity.

it's not a fun game mode (personally) and i have no reason to play it since i already have my desired arcanes. but if you got a good squad, you can cheese it. ofcourse your Gear matters.

You can use your operator to travel through orphix bubbles. The mode is a bit confusing at first, but as with anything else, you learn it eventually.

If you're using the rent-a-mechs, the best way to deal damage to Orphixes is to kill 5 regular enemies to charge up Mausolon's secondary fire. For the first three it should be enough to one-shot each phase.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb CarrotSalad:

Seriously... I have no idea what im doing.

I think I found the problem.

Before anyone wants to argue about it being the game's fault for not explaining anything: Duh, yeah. Welcome to Warframe!

That's a different topic though. The Orphix mission design (which is what OP complains about, I think?) works just fine.

17 minutes ago, taiiat said:

other than your Mission failing and booting you out of Railjack, then yeah you don't lose anything.

I reached 100% once yesterday or the day before, didn't boot me, i just made my way to the airlock and extracted as usual, no rewards lost.

12 minutes ago, Am_Sha3gar said:

I reached 100% once yesterday or the day before, didn't boot me, i just made my way to the airlock and extracted as usual, no rewards lost.

Did you kill at least 3? If you reach 100% after completing one rotation then it just asks you to extract, fewer than that and it's mission failed.

The only feedback I can leave regarding these Orphix missions is that they spawn considerably faster than during the event. Maybe it would be a good idea to slow their spawn rate to resemble the event more.

30 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Did you kill at least 3? If you reach 100% after completing one rotation then it just asks you to extract, fewer than that and it's mission failed.

The only feedback I can leave regarding these Orphix missions is that they spawn considerably faster than during the event. Maybe it would be a good idea to slow their spawn rate to resemble the event more.

Ohh, that makes more sense, i thought it was in general. But why shouldn't it be mission failed in that case? You didn't reach the objective, so you don't get the reward. In all modes if you don't get the minimum objective you get booted out and don't get any reward, if you did here it would just be a cheese to get derelict rewards faster.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Dauggie:

if you played the event then it's nothing major. 

the orphix in the mission are quite fast compare to event. you just need to do 3 orphix then extract if you want. you lose nothing even if it reaches 100% sentient activity.

it's not a fun game mode (personally) and i have no reason to play it since i already have my desired arcanes. but if you got a good squad, you can cheese it. ofcourse your Gear matters.

I think you have to kill at least 12 here. and then you get a random arcane. so absolute joke of the day. the game mode is currently for April 1st.

reputation was a good solution. but now it's an absolute waste of time. you are much better off with prime parts sales. above all, you can buy what you want.

and solo it is extremely uncomfortable. you have to be able to repair mech, convert energy or place a dispensary in front of the boss. fluctis now makes lousy damage to the mini boss.

I missed the original Orphix Venom event (I was still in baby tenno's first star chart days!), but I've since learned there were necramech mods exclusively sourced from it (either dropped within, or purchased outright with the event currency). Those mods were largely about mech upgrades that made Orphix harvesting better...and they aren't available anywhere now (outside of trading plat for them, which prices only keep climbing as in-game no availability goes on; I already don't need a better necramech that badly!). That's another thing I really hope they adjust drop tables for; improving and adding better stuff in would make it easier to find groups that are at all interested in doing a full dozen of the hassles.

Archived