Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos Conservation

EinheriarJudith

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Bounce No GIFoffice space no GIF

Why? It makes complete sense. The way it works the Deimos animals are actively worth less than ForTuna or POE animals because you need 3-4 of them to get 500 standing when for the other 2 you get 1500 for each.

It’s a horrible system and actively makes me just avoid Deimos conservation all together because it’s structure alone tells me I’m just wasting my time with it.

I imagine that the trade-off of Deimos conservation tokens being worth less in terms of converting to son tokens and standing is because you can save them up more easily, they won't go away and you can strategically turn them in when you need that standing and not waste excess standing if you've reached your max cap but are limited in your current ways of spending that standing.

I agree it could earn maybe a bit more, but I understand them being overall worth less.

You can get 8k standing from a rare kubrodon if you spend just 500 standing for it and if you are lucky you don't even need to spend standing , none of the cambion drift animals worth that much . They need a huge buff for their standing and agreed with the post opener, they should give directly son tokens instead of animal tokens. Doing them mandatory is already a bad idea making the grind easier will be much bette with that way 

Another thread where all I'm hearing is "gimme, gimme, gimme" every time. The thing about son tokens, what you guys just want to gloss over, is that they actually have a use for you. Fortuna/Cetus conservation does not actually have any impact upon anything. All you get from those areas is tags for floofs, that is it. Fortuna/Cetus conservation doesn't even actually need to be done at all. Deimos, you are actually having to work for something. Even after DE changed how many tags you can get from a capture, you guys are still complaining about Son.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Another thread where all I'm hearing is "gimme, gimme, gimme" every time. The thing about son tokens, what you guys just want to gloss over, is that they actually have a use for you. Fortuna/Cetus conservation does not actually have any impact upon anything. All you get from those areas is tags for floofs, that is it. Fortuna/Cetus conservation doesn't even actually need to be done at all. Deimos, you are actually having to work for something. Even after DE changed how many tags you can get from a capture, you guys are still complaining about Son.

literally the 2 worse parts of deimos are grandmother and son, not father daughter or mother. also i have (Edit: 6.685k) hours clocked. dont assume you know my motives when i have that kind of playtime.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I noticed how you didn’t say what special use we get from son tokens. I know we can trade them in for Grandmother tokens and they’re needed to rank up in Entrati. But it’s honestly more efficient to go for all the Grandmother tokens that don’t require son tokens for trade. And ranking up is a really superficial use as once you reach max rank you never have to spend another Son token on that.

at the end of the day it’s still less standing for more work. And I would much rather spend the tags on floofs than a pitiful amount of standing.

50 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

literally the 2 worse parts of deimos are grandmother and son, not father daughter or mother. also i have (Edit: 6.685k) hours clocked. dont assume you know my motives when i have that kind of playtime.

According to others, Daughter is probably worse, if you get the bug where fish stop spawning. Son is very easy, not hard at all.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

According to others, Daughter is probably worse, if you get the bug where fish stop spawning. Son is very easy, not hard at all.

father and daughter can easily be passive farmed through obelisks, isolation vaults, and arcana isolation vaults. conservation takes way more work than either fishing or mining. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

This seems like entirely backwards logic. Plains and Vallis conservation generates Standing, which is used to purchase most things in their respective hub worlds. All activities generate a standard currency, all goods are purchaseable with standard currency. Deimos introduces an intermediate step. Conservation generates Tokens, Tokens are traded for Standing. Additionally, some items also cost tokens, thus drastically narrowing the activities available to generate progress for said items. Yes, people are complaining that Deimost vendors have an additional cost over Cerus and Fortuna vendors. The game worked just fine without the added step and added exclusivity.

You're right - Conservation in Cetus and Fortuna doesn't need to be done at all. That's a GOOD thing. Some of us like Conservation and use it to gain standing. Some people hate Conservation and thus use other activities to gain standing. That's called "player choice." Let players selectively engage in the content they prefer while still making overall progress towards their goals. That's always going to be superior to forcing all of the players to play all of the things. There are enough players who enjoy Conservation (like myself) who'd do that just for Standing even if it weren't requires for specific items.

I'd advise against defaulting to an argumentum ad hominem at the drop of the hat without substantial cause. It makes for a toxic discussion.

Archived