Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Sevagoth released, Equinox should get a rework

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I understand the logic behind this but just no, she is similar to how Gauss has ice/fire in one ability, the devs just thought it was a super cool idea to make her worth two warframes.. which is cool lorewise but annoying crafting/farming wise

Sameish abilities different effects. All of her abilites reflect from day-night, so modding affects both the same way.. the only thing is the sleep and dmg buffer being an issue. I love the way she is personally and I feel the need to repeat what I just said.. you shouldn't be able to mod for separate abilities.(even if it's technically a seperate form) she has 8 abilities per se so I'm still unsure about this. I'd understand if they were totally different abilities but all 8 reflect each other and work in similar ways so modding doesn't matter too much except for when it comes to her sleep/dmg buff.

The suggestion is to mod for 2 different frames (4 abilities each) , not each individual ability ,

and For Gauss, You do not need to go through 3 steps (each of which is not exactly quick) to have his abilities work , While equinox needs to have multiple checks: 1) be in right form or spend time & energy to get to that form ,2) hope you have enough energy left after transformation and any loss of utility is not too bad 3) wait for the ability to cast and build up the meter by performing more actions.

please avoid creating strawmen to burn if you wish to make a sensible argument,

The fact that they reflect on each other thematically is not too relevant as their individual effects are quite literally the difference between night and day.

Day is more damage output/self buff oriented and night is more damage mitigation/survival oriented , and you will usually not be able to be good enough at both at the same time. So most players will go all in for only one playstyle - whether that is Nuke maim , stealth rest, provoking buff, DPS duality , shield gate mend , as the modding is limited.

Everyone is talking about Equinox in fact she is in a usable state where all of her abilities have it uses.

Meanwhile Chroma crying in the corner only having a half complete kit.

Hydroid has been lying in the floor for years accepting the fact that he is the most useless Warframe in the game if it hadn't been for the pilfering augment. Plus, he is being overshadowed by Sevagoth as a pirate frame.

2 hours ago, MrZ0ft said:

DE gave "Gamers" a new ability its called "Helminth" , it's absolutly incredible - you can do the Frame rework yourself.

Even with The Helminth, the arbitrary one ability limit still can’t save these frames. DE knows that going beyond one creates a point of no return in power creep land.

So no, Helminth is not the answer. Helminth exist just to alter play styles without disrupting the frame’s identity.

On 2021-04-13 at 11:03 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Reb has made posts before that indicate reworks actually do cannibalize a lot of dev time, it isn't just a handful of people, and those people involved are also high level people sometimes whose time is needed elsewhere. 

Anyone from DE giving that exact statement is kinda ironic, when out of 500+ weapons a small bunch of 10 make up the 95% of the most used weapons in the game. Talk about wasted dev time.

4 hours ago, MrZ0ft said:

DE gave "Gamers" a new ability its called "Helminth" , it's absolutly incredible - you can do the Frame rework yourself.

DE already confirmed that reworks are still going to occur (and already have) Helminth isnt a reason to stop reworking frames. 

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Anyone from DE giving that exact statement is kinda ironic, when out of 500+ weapons a small bunch of 10 make up the 95% of the most used weapons in the game. Talk about wasted dev time.

I don't buy the reasoning of "cutting int dev time" considering reworking a warframe would take considerable less time to do compared to creating new assets from scratch like Open worlds, Quests, Tileset redesign and all the other things that come with that.

Archived