Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i Got host migrated roughly six times today.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

what pisses me off about this is...the host doesn't actually leave the game..., it just randomly initiates a host migration while i get sent away from the squad.

i ask the hosts if they every left...NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM LEFT THE GAME

i get Host migrated...without a host migration....

can someone explain this please?

Your connection to the host was disconnected. This is a non-answer, but it means many things. 

Your connection could be being rejected by the host, your ISP could be doing maintenance and giving light interruptions, you're losing too many packets, your modem connection to anything along the way is faulty or weak, blah blah.

Effectively, we can't tell you exactly what's happening. You have to inspect your own devices to see what happened. If it's only you being kicked, it's a problem on your end.

Edit: Noting that you also play on PSN, that can also affect some things, but I haven't played on PSN for a while, and don't remember if being disconnected while already logged in to Warframe logs you out immediately or not.

Bad internet connection between you and the host. Myabe both have amazing internet, but geographically are too far or have some other issues because ISPs. A host migration occurs because the connection was broke, not because the host left, unplugged the internet cable or whatever, just a connection broken. Sometimes a host migration occurs to put as a host to the best connection player between all the options, since the game prioritizes stability to make connections.

5 minutes ago, elmetnuter said:

When I was on wifi, I had host migration on my end all the time even though I was close the router. I plugged the router to my ethernet, no more problems.

This is best practice for sure. Whenever possible connect through a physical connection. Wireless connections are notoriously less efficient (more latency, lost packets, disruptions etc.). If you are using a wired connection make sure there are no bends/kinks in the wire, the connectors are not damaged and there are no heavy objects resting on top of the wires (heavy objects can compress the wires and could potentially be a fire hazard as well as cause disruptions in your connection if the wires get damaged).

Archived