Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Question

(XBOX)SterlingSiSw

Question

I'm a relatively new player, and I was wondering if the tileset had any effect on the difficulty of enemy spawns in Lich missions. i.e. Earth missions at level 99 vs Pluto at level 99. I didn't completely understand (my fault) the Lich system, so now I've got a galaxy full of red mist. Any other tips would be welcome. Thank you.

*Edit* I appreciate all the feedback, and I'll keep it in mind if I decide to give liches another try sometime. I was just able to put him down after a day of grinding for the mods. 

6 answers to this question

The level of the lich (1-5) is what determine the level of the mob that spawn on his missions. If you are seeing lvl 99 enemies yours is probably already high level (5 judging from the wiki). If you did not reveal the 3 requiems needed to beat him, i would suggest you try to join murmur farm group until you have them.

With the help of other player you'll be able to work toward knowing the requiems needed to beat your lich, once you know that you'll need to acquire the 3 required mod and proceed to the trial and error part of the lich killing process, aka figuring the right order for the requiem mods.

Note that your lich can spawn in mission he as control over regardless of who start the mission, he does also require to be mad enough after you to do so tho.

Smashed answered your question.   I wanna offer a little more advice....   

First,  Lich's have an aggression bar that shows how pissed they are at you.  The higher it is the higher the chance of them spawning.  (but its also random and doesnt always have to be high).   

Your lich only gains aggro when you fight in HIS TURF.  If you help out other people with their Lich you can gain murmurs WITHOUT pissing off YOUR Lich.   

I like to help other people with their lich's until I fill up 2 and half murmur circles.   AKA I know 2.5 mods.   (My Lich is Lv1 after all that)

After I hit 2.5 murmurs I add the 2 I know to my parazon and then i start HOSTING murmur farms.  Now I WANT to face my Lich and piss him off.   While I am busy gaining murmurs and learning the 3rd mod I will hopefully run into my Lich 1-2 times which will let me test the Mod Sequence of the two mods I know.    Hopefully by the time the 3rd unlocks I will know the correct sequence.

You DO NOT want to learn all 3 mods BEFORE fighting your lich.   This goes back to the aggression bar....    Failing a stabbing/Mod Sequence check,  your Lich aggro level resets.   So if you get all 3 mods before ever facing your Lich you just about doubled the amount of time it will take to beat him.   You spent x hours getting the murmurs and now you are going to have to fight a ton of more murmur missions to piss off your lich between stabbings.

Do it like that and you should never face anything higher than a Lv3 lich...  There is no reason to let your lich hit Lv5.   

-----------------------------------------

If you can control your blood lust you could farm murmurs versus your own lich,   Just never ever stab him until you know atleast 2 mods. (to test the sequence).   There is a slight hiccup with this method.  You will expand your lichs control across the entire star chart lol.  You will be doing all your own murmur missions and clearning them forcing your lich to expand.   

Helping others is just way easier and I like helping, and its probably worth more affinity.   Murmur farms are pretty awesome focus farms if you grind focus by lens.  

^^^ all that isn’t really necessary unless you are bringing  things that are too squishy for lich fighting. Stabbing a lich gives you a bunch of murmur progress to the point of avoiding yours slows things down. And blind stabs help eliminate possibilities for when you do know words.  

Just leave the lich standing with live enemies around them for a bit when they do show. They will turn those enemies into thralls, getting you more murmur per node. There is a limit to how many thralls you will get, don’t stress about getting max out of it. Just get decent number and move on. 

the tile sets can make thrall killing more annoying, by being too spread out. The game like to make you backtrack. But moving forward anyway should rubberband the enemies in front of you. 

are you so new that you don’t have requiem mods? hopefully not

If you are finding liches too stressful just ignore the larvas  till you feel ready to face the next one. You can also just ignore them for a bit if you have one but aren’t in lich mood that day. Only issue that might pop up doing that is if they are on planet with resources you want to farm. 

If you're a new player and you have (as so many before you and more will after you), unknowingly activated a Lich |(Yes DE this system SUCKS) then you're likely very much poorly equipped to deal with them. I would advise you to either look for help to deal with them or leave the Lich alone. They will take over a single planet and stay there. If you start running Lich missions the Lich will simply move to another planet. 

In order to defeat a Lich you need what is known as Requiem Mods, which you need to put on your Parazon. Requiem mods can be obtained by running Kuva missions. Each mission has a chance to give you a requiem relic, which in turn allows you a chance to obtain a requiem mod. There are 8 different requiem mods. You only need 3 of them, but when you start out you don't know which ones.

In order to determine which ones you need there's a couple things you can do. You can run Lich node missions and kill Thralls. Thralls will grant a "murmer" which is a piece of a requiem mod you need. Once you have collected enough murmers you will obtain information on one of the mods you need, but not the order in which you need to equip it. This last part can only be done by attacking the Lich and stabbing it with the Parazon. if the mod is in the correct order then the info will be added to the Lich's profile. All attempts will be registered so you know which mods are incorrect attempts as well. Brute forcing together with collecting murmers is one of the fastest ways to deal with a Lich.

However collecting requiem mods is what is the most time consuming. Some players simply buy them off the market.

Each mod has 3 charges and can therefore be used three times before you need to replace it.

Playing with others increases the chance you get for the right requiem mod and speed up the process of obtaining the complete set. Unless of course you hunt for murmers first and then define which mods you need so you can specifically hunt for them. Both however are time consuming and boring imo. 

Good luck!

On 2021-05-28 at 11:01 AM, Gibsonx said:

^^^ all that isn’t really necessary unless you are bringing  things that are too squishy for lich fighting. Stabbing a lich gives you a bunch of murmur progress to the point of avoiding yours slows things down. And blind stabs help eliminate possibilities for when you do know words.  

Just leave the lich standing with live enemies around them for a bit when they do show. They will turn those enemies into thralls, getting you more murmur per node. There is a limit to how many thralls you will get, don’t stress about getting max out of it. Just get decent number and move on. 

If your helping others, they are stabbing their lich.   Your not missing nothing.    You can easily learn the sequence while you work on unlocking the last mod like I said.  

The part about letting your Lich stick around for awhile for more thralls is a good tip I often totally ignore because of bloodlust lol.   But others should try =P

Archived