Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

garas splinter storm ability target priority

(NSW)H2amster

has anyone else noticed that if u don’t have splinter storm active and u have an enemy/target in ur reticle that when u cast it, they get the glass? idk about u guys but when i don’t have splinter storm active, i want to protecc myself first before protecting others. kinda like rules of oxygen when in a decompression of an airplane cabin. i have had multiple “ohS#&$e” wtf moments cuz of it. do u think it can be changed or is it too much to ask u.u

Well yeah it is part of the ability, you can just look straight up or down and cast it to avoid this, whilst most might not be casting it onto enemies I do not see the need to make that (particular) aspect of the ability harder to use when you can just back up+look straight down/up then cast.🤷‍♀️

2 minutes ago, (PSN)kadeliza740 said:

Well yeah it is part of the ability, you can just look straight up or down and cast it to avoid this, whilst most might not be casting it onto enemies I do not see the need to make that (particular) aspect of the ability harder to use when you can just back up+look straight down/up then cast.🤷‍♀️

good point. u know u can also recast? my point being is that when casting splinter storm ability, u always want to protecc urself first before protecting others. it’s more intuitive. i just want that glass around me more than others. and it tends to cast it on others than myself. i can’t protecc others when i’m ded

1 hour ago, (NSW)H2amster said:

good point. u know u can also recast? my point being is that when casting splinter storm ability, u always want to protecc urself first before protecting others. it’s more intuitive. i just want that glass around me more than others. and it tends to cast it on others than myself. i can’t protecc others when i’m ded

Oh yes, but if nothing is in your crosshair when casting it goes to you, I just think adding another step to helping/harming someone else might make the ability more clunky to use which might see the more niche parts of it being ignored in favor of the self buff by "many" of the players, especially since the issue can be avoided so easily. Still just my 2 pence, I'm sure if DE agree they would do it since I am most certainly *not* the arbiter of these things. 😄

53 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No idea why it doesnt just have a hold function that force casts it on Gara.

Seconded. I think it would be very handy if it got that functionality akin to Titania's Spellbind; Tap to cast on the reticle, and hold to cast on yourself. It would still be quick to use either way.

I think that would be much easier / smooth-flowing (Wouldn't interrupt what you're doing) than having to look at the ground or above you to purposely avoid casting it elsewhere. In fact I think that was one of the reasons why Titania received that QoL change.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

I think that would be much easier / smooth-flowing (Wouldn't interrupt what you're doing) than having to look at the ground or above you to purposely avoid casting it elsewhere.

Agreed! Surrounded by mobs, it becomes frustrating to drop everything just to get a single second to recast and then re-enter combat.

Is it just me, or is there a 0.5-0.75 second animation block preventing Gara from doing other things immediately after casting splinter storm? I find I can easily spam splinter storm on multiple targets with no animation lock whatsoever, but shooting/bullet-jumping/other-abilities are blocked for a short time after casting splinter storm.

8 hours ago, (NSW)H2amster said:

Unfortunately you can not recast the ability on yourself to reset the duration. Currently the only way to reset the duration is to cast (or be in the radius of an ally's) Mass Vitrify.

But yes I absolutely agree that we should be able to prioritize our own survival first and foremost.

12 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Is it just me, or is there a 0.5-0.75 second animation block preventing Gara from doing other things immediately after casting splinter storm? I find I can easily spam splinter storm on multiple targets with no animation lock whatsoever, but shooting/bullet-jumping/other-abilities are blocked for a short time after casting splinter storm.

Hm, I'll have to test that when I can. I dunno if that's a bug or not; If so I hope it can be fixed in the near future. I'm working towards getting Gara Prime, so it's been awhile since I last used her.

On 2021-06-14 at 2:12 PM, RazerXPrime said:

Sounds like a reasonable qol change.

Whatever type of change it is.... It should be considered for All Abilities that require you to target anything....

Actually even more than just abilities.... The Waypoint Function also could use a sort of "Snapping" Functionality.... So that you don't need MLG levels of Precision to Tag Items of Interest for your Team Mates....

BTW I play on Controller....

When Activating any Ability my Thumb can't be on the Right Stick to Aim it.... Hence why I want snapping on all Targetable Features 😝 !!!

On 2021-06-14 at 4:29 PM, SneakyErvin said:

No idea why it doesnt just have a hold function that force casts it on Gara.

Probably because each of these things are designed by an entirely different team of People who probably don't even Talk to Each other.... 

Supposedly it's because there is dedicated Person in every game Studio who usually handles stuff like this (The Producer) and it's been suspected that DE has no such person occupying this Title 😝 !!!

On 2021-06-14 at 10:59 PM, LillyRaccune said:

I think I might have noticed something like that.... I know Hollow Knight has that Specific Problem.... Upon Using Focus or Respawning from a fall you can move left and Right but Dashing and Jump are disabled for some Reason.

Or rather they aren't Disabled so much as The Game doesn't have a Proper Input Buffer for those Two Action Specifically as they will fail to register in other instances aswell.... Moving left or right are continuous actions triggered by a continuous input hence why it feels like those inputs still work while the other ones do not.

In any case....  It's annoying.... How does stuff like that even Sneak into a Game ? 🤔....

Archived