Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack 3.0 is really good, how could it be more integrated into the core game?

I liked that one quest with the archwing going from a regular mission to archwing mission and escaping a exploding ship. That was cool, something like that would be awesome if thats how railjack/archwing was. Railjack and regular warframe just feel too separate like they're different games. 

18 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Do you really feel that Warframe currently is so difficult that the next step up would put it on the same level as notoriously difficult games like Dark Souls?

That isn't at all what I said, though.   I'm pointing out that Warframe is not intended for a "Souls"-style difficulty, or any real super-difficulty, in fact.  It's a power fantasy.  We're MEANT to go from weak > strong...and then from strong > godly.   That's intentional. It's not a flaw, it's a feature.

Asking Warframe to diverge from that isn't asking for more "Warframe", it's asking for something completely different.

There's plenty of casual challenge in Warframe.  Plenty.  Yes, after THOUSANDS of gameplay hours, you're gonna find you've overcome most of that challenge.  That's GOOD. That's how progression WORKS.  Again, not a flaw, but a feature.

They're currently working at melee/gun rebalancing, and it looks very promising.  So, let's wait and see how new "difficulty" is brought to the game.

But no, we don't need to break our controllers in frustration to call a game "challenging", much less "fun".

17 hours ago, (NSW)Symberzite said:

Granted, NMH2 came out on the Wii, which hardly was a powerhouse of a console. That and the game had far less of a budget compared to the original. 

Mhm, but NMH2 wasn't F2P.  It charged a set fee right up front to ACCESS the game, which guaranteed the devs an ROI.  It also is not a game that goes on indefinitely.  It has a beginning, a middle, and an end...lasting for a gameplay experience of about 15 hours total...maybe 20?  

Warframe, meanwhile, has players with THOUSANDS of hours of gameplay time (I, myself, have over 2200, which would be like playing NMH2 110x, at minimum), and the devs need to consider that ongoing experience when new systems are implemented.  

In otherwords... if NMH2 flops, you bought it and the studio still gets paid.  Even if you put it down after an hour.   If a new update to Warframe flops, the devs don't get reimbursed for all that time put into said update, and they risk LOSING a TON of money/support.

TL;DR: It's just apples and watermelons at this point.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)JustJoshinEnt:

That isn't at all what I said, though.   I'm pointing out that Warframe is not intended for a "Souls"-style difficulty, or any real super-difficulty, in fact.  It's a power fantasy.  We're MEANT to go from weak > strong...and then from strong > godly.   That's intentional. It's not a flaw, it's a feature.

And did anyone actually ask for Dark Souls level difficulty or did they simply ask for more difficulty and you jumped right to Dark Souls?

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

And did anyone actually ask for Dark Souls level difficulty or did they simply ask for more difficulty and you jumped right to Dark Souls?

*sigh*   Again, you're missing the point.

I gave Dark Souls as an example of a "difficulty-focused game" vs a "chill, power fantasy" game (Warframe).  

"Difficulty" is NOT the metric by which Warframe is meant to be measured, ultimately, and that's something you keep overlooking in favor of trying to call me out with a witty "gotcha" that you've failed at twice now.

I'm not "jumping right to Dark Souls".  DS wasn't the POINT.  The point is Warframe isn't MEANT to head in that direction, period.

Sure, certain facets of Warframe gameplay can be made more challenging... but it's a horde hack n slash (n shoot), it's never going to be anything in the realm of Dark Souls or whatnot.

So, here's an idea.... instead of restating what I've stated, and trying to create some strawman argument that needn't be... why don't you TELL us what YOUR idea of "more difficulty in Warframe" IS, hm?

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

Also, PS:  Yes, in fact, MANY times when the "issue" of difficulty in WF comes up, it is mentioned that some people want it to be more DS-esque.  

I didn't manufacture this point out of thin air, lol

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)JustJoshinEnt:

*sigh*   Again, you're missing the point.

I gave Dark Souls as an example of a "difficulty-focused game" vs a "chill, power fantasy" game (Warframe).  

"Difficulty" is NOT the metric by which Warframe is meant to be measured, ultimately, and that's something you keep overlooking in favor of trying to call me out with a witty "gotcha" that you've failed at twice now.

I'm not "jumping right to Dark Souls".  DS wasn't the POINT.  The point is Warframe isn't MEANT to head in that direction, period.

Sure, certain facets of Warframe gameplay can be made more challenging... but it's a horde hack n slash (n shoot), it's never going to be anything in the realm of Dark Souls or whatnot.

So, here's an idea.... instead of restating what I've stated, and trying to create some strawman argument that needn't be... why don't you TELL us what YOUR idea of "more difficulty in Warframe" IS, hm?

You’re pretending that people who want the game to not be so ludicrously easy want Dark Souls level difficulty, but I’m creating a strawman argument. That’s rich.

On 2021-06-27 at 8:58 PM, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

Asking Warframe to diverge from that isn't asking for more "Warframe", it's asking for something completely different.

There's plenty of casual challenge in Warframe.  Plenty.  Yes, after THOUSANDS of gameplay hours, you're gonna find you've overcome most of that challenge.  That's GOOD. That's how progression WORKS.  Again, not a flaw, but a feature.

They're currently working at melee/gun rebalancing, and it looks very promising.  So, let's wait and see how new "difficulty" is brought to the game.

But no, we don't need to break our controllers in frustration to call a game "challenging", much less "fun".

Mhm, but NMH2 wasn't F2P.  It charged a set fee right up front to ACCESS the game, which guaranteed the devs an ROI.  It also is not a game that goes on indefinitely.  It has a beginning, a middle, and an end...lasting for a gameplay experience of about 15 hours total...maybe 20?  

Warframe, meanwhile, has players with THOUSANDS of hours of gameplay time (I, myself, have over 2200, which would be like playing NMH2 110x, at minimum), and the devs need to consider that ongoing experience when new systems are implemented.  

In otherwords... if NMH2 flops, you bought it and the studio still gets paid.  Even if you put it down after an hour.   If a new update to Warframe flops, the devs don't get reimbursed for all that time put into said update, and they risk LOSING a TON of money/support.

TL;DR: It's just apples and watermelons at this point.

Two really good points here. A power fantasy game that is free to play and has the common potential to award a gaming experience lasting over 1000 hours.  The product, without question, has a very successful model. 

Archived