Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack 3.0 is really good, how could it be more integrated into the core game?

I don't like that idea. I'm one of people that don't like ships & like simple mission types (like you mentioned).

In my opinion RJ should be nodes where you put 100% RJ (e.g. space ship battles or something). That would be place where it could shine (for people that likes that stuffs).

1. Get Lich or Die Trying

2. Set the spawn point to the dry dock with a option to manually board the railjack or landing craft

3. make railjack the next stage of missions, or hard mode, it takes a lot of resources to get there it should pay out a lot of resources and provide you with things you can’t get otherwise. Every mission should pay out at least 100k cred. In addition, being a space pirate you should be able to take on jobs for factions for better pay like invasions but updated like void missions.

4. Add more fashion frame to railjack.

DE doesn't listen to the hardcore challenge seekers veterans or players anymore. They only care about the new and casual players, because it's probably most of the whales are and large chunk of their revenue income source. This is why their direction of the game is more of a no challenge stress free gameplay. This is why I always warned upcoming players to Do not expect this game to be and will be challenging.

If DE ever raised the challenge bar even by one nanometer, the large casual player base is gonna flood into the forums and demand DE to revert it back. If they do, DE will execute their demands immediately.

True Railjack CO-OP will never exist in Warframe.

22 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

DE doesn't listen to the hardcore challenge seekers veterans or players anymore. They only care about the new and casual players, because it's probably most of the whales are and large chunk of their revenue income source. This is why their direction of the game is more of a no challenge stress free gameplay. This is why I always warned upcoming players to Do not expect this game to be and will be challenging.

If DE ever raised the challenge bar even by one nanometer, the large casual player base is gonna flood into the forums and demand DE to revert it back. If they do, DE will execute their demands immediately.

What, in your vision, would consist of a worthy challenge? 

Okay. I'm reading all this, and I'm just seeing people that would honestly get more out of Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro than they do with Warframe.

1. Warframe, as it currently sits, does not apply to the "hard core tough as nails I marathoned every From Software game without dying and it took me three weeks without sleep or food" people. Warframe, as it currently sits, is for the people that want to get as much story content as they can out of each update as they come, while playing other games in between. Because let's face it: all the really interesting stuff is locked behind single player quests.

2. I'd only take the "Railjack travel interruption" while actively going through Proxima missions, not between the standard star chart. Like the initial trailer showed.

3. The Steel Path was DE's answer to those salty veterans wanting "a real challenge". And their constant reworks to how the weapons work under the hood is testament to that. People really need to remember that Warframe is still considered "Open Beta" while the devs work on things and add new features.

4. To those that have been doing nothing but whining without providing a solution to your problems: If you don't like how DE makes their game, then why are you still here? There are plenty of other games you could be playing and possibly getting more fun out of.

On 2021-06-17 at 7:32 AM, --END--Rikutatis said:

I mean sure, there's some annoying parts still, but overall I can see a bright future for WF if Railjack could get weaved into the core loop of the game and it becomes something more akin to Sea of Thieves, where instead of another separate content island, Railjack would be this integrated part of the star chart, where you can move from one planet to another through Railjack space and the empyrean missions became more like dynamic events that happen as you travel through space, or quests/bounties you can pick up at relays or whatever. Like one seamless solar system. Railjack could simply replace the orbiter.

This again. I really really really hope they never ever do this, because-

On 2021-06-17 at 7:32 AM, --END--Rikutatis said:

I'm just not sure how (if) that could be done in a way that provides meaningful rewards and gameplay for those who want to do it, while not disrupting the experience of those who just want to choose missions from their orbiter console? Maybe it's just not feasible for Warframe to be that game anymore at this point?

Ok at least you're aware of the problems

On 2021-06-18 at 3:05 AM, DrivaMain said:

DE doesn't listen to the hardcore challenge seekers veterans or players anymore.

Anymore? LOL, they never did. Warframe was never this game. It's a casual power fantasy. The sooner you accept this, the more fun you'll have with the game (or quit and move on to more challenging games). First time I quit WF was because endgame was practically nonexistant and DE kept gutting endurance runs which was my favorite activity. The last damage rework basically made level 10k enemies a joke, whereas before you needed tryhard team synery to deal with those levels. I just play WF for casual fun now, and it's great at that. At least now there's Steel Path, before you couldn't even drop into a mission to stress test builds, you needed the right Arbitration to pop at a 1h interval, or to go into an endless mission and stay for one hour or more before enemy levels got higher. 

54 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Anymore? LOL, they never did.

They do in the early days with the dark sector conflict, but the amount of toxicity  it creates is too much for DE to handle and they shut it down for good. It probably left a scar at DE, no wonder they never release anything remotely challenging after that.

В 18.06.2021 в 02:42, quxier сказал:

I don't like that idea. I'm one of people that don't like ships & like simple mission types (like you mentioned).

In my opinion RJ should be nodes where you put 100% RJ (e.g. space ship battles or something). That would be place where it could shine (for people that likes that stuffs).

Then we'll get people who want the core game in Railjack again. The whole reason RJ now has core missions on it like Defense and Sabotage is entirely because of people whining for it.

DE never listens to their community?
They do, all the time.
It's just that the community is so diverse that everyone will complain about everything DE puts out.

HAIL HYDRA!

On 2021-06-18 at 2:05 AM, DrivaMain said:

Love how you put the whining on the "casuals" when its always the tryhards that are doing the loudest most obnoxious whining, because the game isn't being their torture-master (in part because it can't due to god-builds that if they were ever touched would get even more whining/crying). Dark Souls series exists, Nioh exists, Bloodborne exists, etc all more than willing to metaphorically punch you in the teeth to make you feel some thrill. I can still hit challenge in my 8 years or so of playing the game without doing meta/god-builds and rushing through content after min-maxing everything about it like tryhards like yourself do. Anything that were to be put out to attempt to tackle this would ultimately last maybe a week, two tops before tryhards tore it apart and went back to whining again. If anything chasing the illusion of "endgame" and "challenge" is what led to the string of not well received updates vs. them just doing interesting base things.

Also f$&* the idea of "true RJ co-op", someone like me shouldn't be forced into joining up with rando's in order for you to get whatever your fix is. Best thing DE did was add an AI crew to RJ, so that I can successfully start it solo and stand a chance.

---------

To the actual point of the thread, I'd just incorporate RJ into Invasion missions and have multi-stage mission types similar to the missile base mission types currently in the grineer tiles but expanded a bit more. Seeing people complain about it taking more time, that's a good thing to anyone actually wanting to enjoy the game and its atmosphere; instead of people just trying to speed through everything. Why even play a game at that point

1 hour ago, mrpyro12345678 said:

Then we'll get people who want the core game in Railjack again. The whole reason RJ now has core missions on it like Defense and Sabotage is entirely because of people whining for it.

They do, all the time.
It's just that the community is so diverse that everyone will complain about everything DE puts out.

HAIL HYDRA!

Do they wanted this or something else? I think I heard people wanted something else but... I hate RJ so I don't read too much & I may make mistake.

1 hour ago, CrimsonXX said:

Also f$&* the idea of "true RJ co-op", someone like me shouldn't be forced into joining up with rando's in order for you to get whatever your fix is. Best thing DE did was add an AI crew to RJ, so that I can successfully start it solo and stand a chance.

See already found one of those casuals. They don't want to be challenged or cooperate and they are the large part of the player base. I wonder why DE even bother to introduce CO-OP focused content at this point.

37 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

See already found one of those casuals. They don't want to be challenged or cooperate and they are the large part of the player base. I wonder why DE even bother to introduce CO-OP focused content at this point.

Oh yes 8 years playing this game (going through numerous issues/changes in the game over that time (not whining once) and still having things to do cause I've never rushed through things via a lesson taught by MMO's); over 2k hours ingame; most if not all mainline quests done; a good portion of weapons/frames/pets/etc raised (via non-boosted grinding as I actively take a break any time I get any affinity boosters specifically because I want to take my time with it); but I'm a "casual" because I'm not a tryhard seeking to get off on being metaphorically punched in the teeth. One that dives into god/meta-builds then whines because the game is too easy (I imagine its similar to a mage in Dark Souls that also says how easy that game can be). One that squads up likely with other god/meta-build running people further making the game easy and even trying to push that b.s. onto others that have NO INTEREST in teaming up with randos AT ALL. Also "don't want to be challenged", more like don't have a kink for being punched in the teeth in order to get some amount of boost to your self worth by digging through it. I'm fine with challenge, but you can shove the 2013 version of WF where Vor & his troops could burn through all 5 revives in the TUTORIAL MISSION (which I'm sure tryhards like yourself look to as good times) in the dumpster to never return again and not lose anything. Along with the Mutalist Ospreys that could annihilate a room and Bursas that could lock down players indefinitely if not careful. No one should have to put up with that so you can get your ego boost and rocks off.

This game has ALWAYS maintained solo and co-op options, if DE wants to make side content akin to Steel Path specifically for co-op tryhards that doesn't interfere with everyone else's playing?  Fine, great, whatever. You trying to push for it in the main vein of the game, there's a metaphorical trash can you can dive into. Also ftr regardless of what your tryhard a#% thinks, solo is 100% gaming option; which I'd wager many prefer over randos.

8 часов назад, quxier сказал:

Do they wanted this or something else? I think I heard people wanted something else but... I hate RJ so I don't read too much & I may make mistake.

They whined and wanted more ground mission content in RJ, which resulted in defense and sabotage missions which another part of the community whined about. I usually don't complain at all because I would be feeding the indecisive one million headed hydra which can never agree on something. This is where "HAIL HYDRA" comes from - the community can't ever agree on a single thing because of the pure amount of people here, causing like 90% of the toxicity. In other words - the game literally grew too fast in terms of players.

If I ever get into an argument on the forums, it is to provide counterarguments to things that do not make sense. Or just a random comment.

On 2021-06-17 at 11:27 AM, Vaml77 said:

This game mode was supposed to be the "endgame" of veteran gamers....now it has been transformed into a taxi simulator for casual gamers. That's the truth.

RailJack was never meant to be endgame.. It was always intended to be, as Steve said, a means of getting from mission to mission, with some gameplay inbetween.  A "taxi", as well.

On 2021-06-17 at 1:10 PM, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Railjack can't be both seamless transition DE envisioned and endgame at the same time.

Railjack was always a taxi, but the grind obscured that truth.

Well put!  And when DE saw this issue, they pulled back on much of the grind to amend that.

On 2021-06-17 at 3:25 PM, Joezone619 said:

its a shame how they treated railjack, i want to like it, but before there was nothing to do, now its just basicly normal missions, we need a railjack 4.0, that's more space based, with battlefields, and stuff and not "show up, enter ship, space part done"

Patience.  RailJack isn't finished yet... not even close!  Honestly, one thing that holds it back is consoles' limited power compared to PC.   ESPECIALLY the Switch. 

I've little doubt that the devs are anxiously awaiting the majority to move to next-gen consoles in order to make it so that they can introduce such features as MUCH larger space maps/battles, etc....  but yeah, right now, there are many limits that keep the divide between what the devs WANT and what is POSSIBLE currently.   

We'll get there.

11 hours ago, mrpyro12345678 said:

They do, all the time.

HAIL HYDRA!

This ^

10 hours ago, CrimsonXX said:

Love how you put the whining on the "casuals" when its always the tryhards that are doing the loudest most obnoxious whining, because the game isn't being their torture-master (in part because it can't due to god-builds that if they were ever touched would get even more whining/crying). Dark Souls series exists, Nioh exists, Bloodborne exists, etc all more than willing to metaphorically punch you in the teeth to make you feel some thrill. I can still hit challenge in my 8 years or so of playing the game without doing meta/god-builds and rushing through content after min-maxing everything about it like tryhards like yourself do. Anything that were to be put out to attempt to tackle this would ultimately last maybe a week, two tops before tryhards tore it apart and went back to whining again. If anything chasing the illusion of "endgame" and "challenge" is what led to the string of not well received updates vs. them just doing interesting base things.

---------

To the actual point of the thread, I'd just incorporate RJ into Invasion missions and have multi-stage mission types similar to the missile base mission types currently in the grineer tiles but expanded a bit more. Seeing people complain about it taking more time, that's a good thing to anyone actually wanting to enjoy the game and its atmosphere; instead of people just trying to speed through everything. Why even play a game at that point

THIS! ^

7 hours ago, CrimsonXX said:

Oh yes 8 years playing this game (going through numerous issues/changes in the game over that time (not whining once) and still having things to do cause I've never rushed through things via a lesson taught by MMO's); over 2k hours ingame; most if not all mainline quests done; a good portion of weapons/frames/pets/etc raised (via non-boosted grinding as I actively take a break any time I get any affinity boosters specifically because I want to take my time with it); but I'm a "casual" because I'm not a tryhard seeking to get off on being metaphorically punched in the teeth. One that dives into god/meta-builds then whines because the game is too easy (I imagine its similar to a mage in Dark Souls that also says how easy that game can be). One that squads up likely with other god/meta-build running people further making the game easy and even trying to push that b.s. onto others that have NO INTEREST in teaming up with randos AT ALL. Also "don't want to be challenged", more like don't have a kink for being punched in the teeth in order to get some amount of boost to your self worth by digging through it. I'm fine with challenge, but you can shove the 2013 version of WF where Vor & his troops could burn through all 5 revives in the TUTORIAL MISSION (which I'm sure tryhards like yourself look to as good times) in the dumpster to never return again and not lose anything. Along with the Mutalist Ospreys that could annihilate a room and Bursas that could lock down players indefinitely if not careful. No one should have to put up with that so you can get your ego boost and rocks off.

This game has ALWAYS maintained solo and co-op options, if DE wants to make side content akin to Steel Path specifically for co-op tryhards that doesn't interfere with everyone else's playing?  Fine, great, whatever. You trying to push for it in the main vein of the game, there's a metaphorical trash can you can dive into. Also ftr regardless of what your tryhard a#% thinks, solo is 100% gaming option; which I'd wager many prefer over randos.

THHHHHHIIIIIIISSSS ^^^

For real:  If ya love a game, let it be what it is trying to be, and stop twisting it into what you specifically WANT it to be!   Stop trying to CONTROL the Devs, and let them make their game!  And then, if y'all don't like it, DON'T PLAY.  It's FREE, after all!  lol

It was never Dark Souls, and it was never meant to be. 

vor 28 Minuten schrieb (PSN)JustJoshinEnt:

This ^

THIS! ^

THHHHHHIIIIIIISSSS ^^^

For real:  If ya love a game, let it be what it is trying to be, and stop twisting it into what you specifically WANT it to be!   Stop trying to CONTROL the Devs, and let them make their game!  And then, if y'all don't like it, DON'T PLAY.  It's FREE, after all!  lol

It was never Dark Souls, and it was never meant to be. 

Do you really feel that Warframe currently is so difficult that the next step up would put it on the same level as notoriously difficult games like Dark Souls?

On 2021-06-17 at 5:48 PM, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

From No More Heroes 1 to 2, the open world from 1 was simply replaced with a map menu in 2 because the open world was empty and lifeless.

Granted, NMH2 came out on the Wii, which hardly was a powerhouse of a console. That and the game had far less of a budget compared to the original. 

railjack missions are too long for the reward they give.
railjack in Corpus missions is no more than a taxi as you play "ground mission" and "space mission" separately.
Corpus railjack miss true space missions and have one of the worst endless ground mission (corpus defense in the corpus ship)
Being unable to select host (or client), makes playing with randos too risky

Then removing railjack void fissure from main navigation to specific railjack navigation doesn't help. It could have made some railjack fissure better than ground missions, but now I just play something else instead

I agree the new Corpus RJ missions missed the mark a little on the "space-ground" gameplay slider, some of them going too far into "ground" gameplay, with barely any space section left.

I can understand why they'd want to beef up and diversify the ground mission part of RJ, the grineer missions only have that sabotage segment in which you can basically have zero interaction with the grineers and just click the terminals (reminds me of old trials lol). Some of the new corpus missions are a welcome addition (although that defense tileset needs to be fixed, the spawns getting stuck 250m away from the pod is bull), but it also gets a little jarring when all players need to be present for the final ground mission, whereas the charm of Grineer RJ is the coop aspect, in which players can split up and go complete different objectives. As much as people like to say bad things about public match making in RJ, 8 or 9 out of 10 missions I run in pubs is a positive one where most people try to contribute somehow. It's usually more fun than doing solo as well, despite the fact my NPC crew can easily handle everything in solo, I find groups more fun. 

So yea, I think Railjack is really close to being a phenomenal addition to the game, they just need to tweak the right amount of space and ground segments, make sure to keep enough activities available for all 4 crew members to be engaged with something at any given time, and maybe find some ways to better integrate it into the core game. 

On 2021-06-18 at 10:10 PM, Gamer_Auto said:

Okay. I'm reading all this, and I'm just seeing people that would honestly get more out of Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro than they do with Warframe.

1. Warframe, as it currently sits, does not apply to the "hard core tough as nails I marathoned every From Software game without dying and it took me three weeks without sleep or food" people. Warframe, as it currently sits, is for the people that want to get as much story content as they can out of each update as they come, while playing other games in between. Because let's face it: all the really interesting stuff is locked behind single player quests.

2. I'd only take the "Railjack travel interruption" while actively going through Proxima missions, not between the standard star chart. Like the initial trailer showed.

3. The Steel Path was DE's answer to those salty veterans wanting "a real challenge". And their constant reworks to how the weapons work under the hood is testament to that. People really need to remember that Warframe is still considered "Open Beta" while the devs work on things and add new features.

4. To those that have been doing nothing but whining without providing a solution to your problems: If you don't like how DE makes their game, then why are you still here? There are plenty of other games you could be playing and possibly getting more fun out of.

Very much agreed! Warframe has attracted multiple genres of player types and it's pretty clear that each type wants to apply pressure on DE to get their genre more love. All good but some have taken it way too far. The hardcore players, in particular, are, without question, the least reasonable. You didn't play Dark Souls every day for 1-8 years consistently, even with its sequels. Most don't come back to it once it's done. Warframe, however, has kept some of them here far longer than Dark Souls and certainly kept them hovering over the Warframe forums, youtube and reddit sections. Why is that?

I enjoy railjack and all the questions it brings up.

Like if the developers weren't having engine limitations ruining their ideas, what was their vision of railjack?

In the 2018 trailer of 'seamless railjack', a player on open world venus is picked up by a railjack then the next shot is space combat.

To me, first, no one plays planet-grinds, unless they have to - which is why it was a bad idea to gate artifical grinds behind something like fishing for fake metrics.

The metric say players are fishing yes, but that doesn't mean people don't hate you for it.

... meaning people are ironically in a hurry to get out of the open world maps, as soon as possible.

But hey okay sure, maybe they picked open worlds, knowing how fake the metrics are, because they were the only place a railjack's physical model could fit, ok.

I am now standing on venus as a player, I want to play some space combat.

Who in their right mind, would stand around waiting for player two, having to first load into venus map, fly to you manually, fly back to the loading zone, load out, select a map, load in?

When you can just hit esc and load out in 5 seconds?

Whoever visualized some type of goal or concept, the point of it all, I want to know what he was thinking.

Which crosses all the way over into today, dating back 2016-2017 or when they came up with it, the players telling them, if I want to play a defense map, I click on a defense map and load it, lol.

From a gameplay standpoint, 'seamless railjack' is basically just extra loading zones.

Were they trying to make the game more convenient? What was the point of adding more loading?

Then they find out, whatever idea they originally had is not possible, which hm yeah okay, I'd probably find that out before I put 5 years of work into a project but ok, this is where we are now.

'Seamless railjack', if more loading zones ever had a point, is now dead. OK.

So the players, last year when it died and again this year when it died again, tell them listen it's fine, some of us are actually ready to just play raljack stand alone space combat.

We'd mainly like more game modes in space, better combat and better enemies and so on, standard stuff, to be expected, makes sense.

Game modes, in space, similar to defend, assassination, capture or whatever we've come to know from gound combat.

The developers, in their brilliance for next attempt at railjack, decides 'seamless railjack' is not dead, not if they create the ultimate budget solution and add those "new game game modes" by letting you fly to a loading zone, via space, and then load into a copy-pasted ground map lmfao.

Tada, you now have "new game modes on railjack" and "seamless railjack" all in one!!!!

Because as long as you can control the narrative, you didn't really fail, right? Right?

"New game modes" is exactly what the players asked for, right?

The sad part, if they really actually did build "based on player feedback" they would have known, not only that no one ever asked for 'seamless' aka extra loading zones, or understood what the point even was.

But more importantly there were however, a bunch of players who were ready and wanted to want 'pure space', it had a chance, if they would just listen... lol.

Instead you get watered down 'space', which no one asked for, and you get 'railjack taxi' with extra loading zones, which on one asked for.

It's really tragic because it really had a chance, people wanted to get into it.

As if you are going to win points with the players by splitting words with them, "see, we did add extra game modes to railjack!!!!1"

Let's split words then and be babies, great, technically speaking they added new games modes via railjack, so they flunk out on their own fake narrative too, if we had bought it.

So I find the whole story fascinating from like a journalistic viewpoint, I'd love to sit down for an interview and ask all those embarrassing questions, it's a really good story.

Like, why didn't you check your engine's performance numbers first, realizing in 2016, before the first pixel was even animated it couldn't be done?

Or, you just start working without knowing where you are going, what components are going to be included? What the point or concept is?

Map size, NPC numbers, network bandwidth etc etc. is what you check first, right? Or no?

Forge as fun gameplay, pitch it to us.

Are archwings supposed to be a viable option on raijlack or no. If yes, would you like to give us a demo of you playing odonata with melee?

Whose idea was it to add 'friendly fire' to tether last year? Sell us on that idea.

Probably something like 35 hilarious questions that only have hilarious answers to them, that makes me love railjack.

Archived