Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets not nerf melee but...

2 hours ago, (PSN)Jason_V_Jade said:

I am not the one who is not happy with melee/range combat. DE is.

I use Mesa as my primary Warframe and she revolves around gun play over melee combat, hell her passive gives you bonuses for not equipmening a melee weapon. I use melee only when enemies get too close or my ranged weapons no longer reliable.

The players are upset over the disparity in damage between guns and melee, getting changes at all has nothing to do with DE. And the only solution is to nerf melee due to how astronomically stronger it is vs guns.

And even then at the end of the day because of DE's flawed "middle ground" approach to revising things nothing will actually change besides guns getting buffed. Unless you exclusively run SP endurance type content melee won't actually be nerfed.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Jason_V_Jade said:

I use Mesa as my primary Warframe and she revolves around gun play over melee combat, hell her passive gives you bonuses for not equipmening a melee weapon. I use melee only when enemies get too close or my ranged weapons no longer reliable.

"Revolves around gun play". She shoots guns, and her theme is that of the gunslinger, but does she actually benefit gun play? She has two very weak damage buffs (one of which also applies to melee), a passive crowd control effect (that benefits melee as much as ranged users), a standard damage reduction ability (which slightly favors ranged weapon users more than melee users), and her summoned guns do the aiming for you, which kind of takes away interaction from the player. I don't think I need to talk about the passive, since most people forget it's there.

In theory, Mesa does benefit gun play, but her actual kit doesn't really amplify what makes ranged weapons enjoyable, nor does it help with the frustrations had when using ranged weapons, such as ammo management, reloading, or weapon accuracy. I'd even argue that she hurts gun play by removing the aiming aspect of it, which makes using guns less engaging and more "press this button to make things dead".

As for the "buff everything instead of nerf some things" discussion: It's been talked about to death, the developers themselves say it's a bad design philosophy, and nerfs aren't that bad if you stop being so possessive of video game items.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

"Revolves around gun play". She shoots guns, and her theme is that of the gunslinger, but does she actually benefit gun play? She has two very weak damage buffs (one of which also applies to melee), a passive crowd control effect (that benefits melee as much as ranged users), a standard damage reduction ability (which slightly favors ranged weapon users more than melee users), and her summoned guns do the aiming for you, which kind of takes away interaction from the player. I don't think I need to talk about the passive, since most people forget it's there.

Her defense ability is useless against melee attacks. So saying "slightly favors" is a bit of an understatement.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Jason_V_Jade said:

Combos might work for fast firing weapons but will not work for slower firing weapons, that would put sniper rifles, bows, ect at the tail end of things thus I deemed it a very stupid idea and threw it out.

Not the point I was making.

And they already work on snipers , and the new arcanes are exactly that without explicitly having a combo multiplier.

Archived