Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else miss full on support warframes?

(PSN)i7081277

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

As much as i would like for "pure support" to be worth its slot , the game unfortunately has moved on from that time.

Now support is gained by means of mods and other non frame gear (companions, operator) ,

and the few support frames still worth using are usually a mix of support + tank or support + DPS or support + loot boosters etc.

and though support is still relevant , it is no longer a necessity in gameplay.

Basically this. Power creep killed roles in Warframe long ago and the Helminth system was just the final nail in the coffin. This can be a good or a bad thing, depending on perspective. Now you can outfit any frame to do basically anything in the game, and this is what I've seen players asking for in these forums years ago. Now they have it.

Before, a squishy frame like Banshee had insane DPS, but needed support to stay alive in really high level content. Now banshee can tank with shield gating and stay alive forever. If you find her silence isn't enough CC, just add some more hard CC through helminth. Operator also gives healing and CC, on top of other utility. Etc. 

So it's basically how much AoE you can cram into your loadout and that's about it. 

Just yesterday I was thinking about old trials, where trinity support was so crucial, level 50 enemies were considered tough and it was usually better to use CC frames to stop them than trying to waste time fighting them lol. Feels almost like a different game. 

vor 8 Stunden schrieb SenorClipClop:

IMO 90% of Trinity's issues would be fixed if her casting animations got the same treatment Mag's did. I enjoy Trin's kit for the most part, but she's very casting-heavy and all her abilities lock her movement, seriously cutting her momentum. She's kinda janky to play unless you stand and spam. If she got updates to those anims in the way Mag did, such as making Link an "upper-body cast", that would help out her playability immensely.

The problem of Trinity isn’t just the casting animations, the biggest problem is that the entire kit is completely redundant. People build their frames under the assumption that there won’t be a Trinity, so everyone‘s survivability and energy economy are designed to work without her, leaving a Trinity very little to add.

1 hour ago, Krankbert said:

The problem of Trinity isn’t just the casting animations, the biggest problem is that the entire kit is completely redundant. People build their frames under the assumption that there won’t be a Trinity, so everyone‘s survivability and energy economy are designed to work without her, leaving a Trinity very little to add.

That's a fair assessment, though I still do have fun with her (apart from the above-mentioned arthritic casting anims). I typically play her a melee bruiser with her layered DR, reliable Energy and heals for days.

4 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

reliable Energy and heals for days.

Operator does it better.

Full on support requires more team work than Warframe offers/requires.

While I did enjoy Trinity when she was relevant I think my answer to the thread question is no, I don't.

Archived