Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel that lich/sister grab should be cinematic

1 hour ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Right now, getting grabbed doesn't have any feel, just oh, you're grabbed and got beat down so you only look at it until it's done.

Why don't we change it to be cinematic instead? Feels more dramatic and look cooler that way

you're literally contradicting yourself.

if something is cinematic, then all you can do is look at it. that's already how the takedowns are. I guess you meant maybe give them fancy camera angles? that doesn't really accomplish anything. it's even less dramatic knowing that the takedowns don't really do that much damage either. on the rare occasion I get unlucky being close to a Sister/Lich I just think "hurry up and do your thing so I can go back to shooting you in your ugly face", not "OMG that move is sick, oh no my health!" etc. 

On 2021-07-15 at 1:30 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

not "OMG that move is sick, oh no my health!"

Sweetie, that can be fixed by having the grab taking away a percentage of your health. Maybe you'll like it when your lich or sister leaving you with only 20% health after beating you even when you use inaros with all of that health

On 2021-07-15 at 2:29 AM, Deminisis said:

I've yet to see a sister animation work probably once. Either they fall into the ground or just completely disappear.

It was funny when the liches first released, but at this point DE should be able to get it to work right.

This precisely.  Ever since the introduction of Liches the whole takedown mini-cinematic has barely worked, especially with others around.  The addition of Sisters made it worse somehow.  I regularly don't even see my warframe.  The Sister is just grappling empty space.

Also it lasts for all of like 5 seconds.  Just how cinematic can you get with one grapple in 5 seconds?

5 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I'm trying to figure out what "cinematic" means. We get the camera-angle-heavy grapples when we fail a requiem mod attempt. If were talking about that I'm not getting the point of making every single grapple like that. 

Considering we have camera-angle-heavy for all except one parazon finisher that last for seconds, I believe having that on lich when they grab and beating you down adds some coolness to it

Archived