Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galvanized mod are a joke

LokitaUmbra

24 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

You didn’t know what the numbers were, but were whining about them anyway based on what you assumed the numbers to be?

Nope..... Based on one the posts on Page 1....

Not that it matters... It's not the numbers I actually take issue with... It's the On Kill Requirement....

I'm more likely to get Triggered by an On Kill Effect that Quadruples Damage than a I am by a universal 10% Bump in Damage....

On Kill Requirements are just Pointless...

1) If you are getting Kills then you don't need it....

2) If you aren't getting kills then it doesn't work.

3) if you can't sustain the buff then you are getting to be seriously Screwed.

4) if you can Sustain the Buffs then the On Kill Requirement is Unnecessary

Again.... Not Specific To Warframe... This is the Dilema of On Kill Effects in Every Game that has come before and Every Game that will use them in the future....

28 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

You’ve got to be kidding me. At least now I have something to point to next time someone wonders why DE only ever responds on Twitter or Reddit and basically never here.

I suppose you do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Sure, buddy. That must be it.

It used to be, a long time ago, just prior the general public having easy access to the internet, an elite few would connect to usenet groups.  Prior to this it was BBS sites where only so many people could connect simultaneously as there were physical modems that allowed it.  Usenet groups changed all of that.  So if you had a Unix Shell account with a services such as The Well for example, you could then dial into a Unix system and use your shell account to access usenet groups.  More or less they were and still are for that matter, a previous version to what forums are today, sort of like this in fact.

You might be interested in reading about the Flame Wars, or what also were called Meow Wars.  I believe they started around 1996 or so.  These online only wars of words were waged eventually in all forums and in all the ways that you might assume bad actors might play.  Personal attacks were common, attacks on intelligence, education, knowledge all these were common.  There were even some people, actually a significant number of bad actors who would claim people meant something they clearly did not.  Today we use some of the internet slang created back then to describe peoples behavior today like the world "Troll" for example or "Trolling".

The reason I bring this up is that since you insist on behaving a certain way, I thought I might make your behavior more interesting and engaging by presenting information for the rest of us that might be of some historical reference as to what you are doing.

This is the way I feel you have presented yourself by how you have posted in this thread.  If that is how you want others to think of you, then you have accomplished exactly what you have set yourself to.  If however, you do not wish people to think of your posts in a certain way, and then disregard everything you say because of how you present yourself then I suggest that you might serve yourself better by striving to present the best version of who you are, rather than how you have.

There is some reason for you making unrealistic claims as to what I meant regardless of how it was stated, if my suggestion that there must be something else going on in your life and you are just lashing out at strangers is incorrect, then how about you explain why?  When you are told exactly what you were confused about truly means, why would you want to insist it means something it does not.  That sort of behavior makes no sense to me at all.

I truly do hope things get better for you, whatever the reasons why you sought to suggest or claim I meant something I clearly do not, it must be trying for it to spill over onto a gaming forum.  It seems far too petty to be truthfully serious.

On 2021-09-04 at 3:34 PM, Lutesque said:

How about "On Bad Ass Ninja Skills" ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You know how new players are.... If the the powerful goodies are locked behind the high end missions then they will power through any and all content standing inbetween them and those Missions... Often missing vital goodies that would make those missions Practical to do Consistently....

Atleast that's what I observed and have done myself....

So yeah... It affects them too...

Skill DOES play a part in higher end content, though.  Standing still (unless you're Limbo in the Rift) will often get you killed in SP... FAST.  "Skill" can also apply to understanding builds and how to make the most of them.

Not all builds can just be copied from YT and just "function".  Understanding what one has to do, and indeed executing on that understanding, makes a difference.

Regardless, if your argument is going to boil down to "Well, new players rush to get to endgame stuff"... then what, indeed, could DE EVER add to Warframe that would stop that mentality? 

Indeed, your argument would suggest DE just give up on endgame content altogether, since it's just going to "inspire newbies to rush past everything else". 

Clearly, that's not a reasonable argument, though...  So what do you ACTUALLY think ought be done?  

On the topic of Galvanized Mods, they are indeed QUITE powerful.  Many have been having demonstrable success with them as of late, so clearly they can't be as bad as this thread claims :/ 

On 2021-09-04 at 6:27 PM, Lutesque said:

Nope..... Based on one the posts on Page 1....

Not that it matters... It's not the numbers I actually take issue with... It's the On Kill Requirement....

I'm more likely to get Triggered by an On Kill Effect that Quadruples Damage than a I am by a universal 10% Bump in Damage....

On Kill Requirements are just Pointless...

1) If you are getting Kills then you don't need it....

2) If you aren't getting kills then it doesn't work.

3) if you can't sustain the buff then you are getting to be seriously Screwed.

4) if you can Sustain the Buffs then the On Kill Requirement is Unnecessary

Again.... Not Specific To Warframe... This is the Dilema of On Kill Effects in Every Game that has come before and Every Game that will use them in the future....

I suppose you do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I'm juuuust barely managing to get a kill, though... I am rewarded with a SIGNIFICANT BUFF towards the NEXT kill... and then THAT kill gives me still MORE power...

and that power boost lasts for the duration of my encounter with any group of enemies.

Then, when there are no more enemies around (not enough to maintain buff), the power ebbs... and I need to ramp it up in the next crowdfight.  

This is intentional, and is a fine, balanced design.  No, it's not just a permanent buff.  You actually need to work for it a bit... but in a tense moment, it adds a little pressure to the gameplay. That's not a bad thing.

18 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

Regardless, if your argument is going to boil down to "Well, new players rush to get to endgame stuff"... then what, indeed, could DE EVER add to Warframe that would stop that mentality? 

Resource/Item placement is handled badly in pretty much every game so I can't even fault DE for doing it aswell.... But I still can't express enough just how silly it is to place resources players need early on in their Progression behind End Game content...

Players wouldn't fill the need to rush into Arbitrations and Steel Path if that wasn't the best place to get Endo and Kuva.... Those things should be more abundant in the Regular Missions....

21 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

If I'm juuuust barely managing to get a kill, though... I am rewarded with a SIGNIFICANT BUFF towards the NEXT kill... and then THAT kill gives me still MORE power...

And if you can sustain that Buff indefinitely then there's no reason to bother with the On Kill Requirement... Just make it permanent... If you can't sustain it then you are in big trouble when the buff runs out.... Because now you have to deal with Enemies that have a scaled around the buffed version of your weapon yet you don't have the buff anymore.... 

If you're going to have On Kill Effects then at the very least make The Effect same that does something other than Kill More Enemies.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

This is intentional, and is a fine, balanced design. 

It isn't... It's lobsided... It has to be lobsided for it to actually be satisfying... But that same Lobsidedness is exactly what makes it unbalanced.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

No, it's not just a permanent buff. You actually need to work for it a bit... 

Oh I see.... You're talking about Skill Balancing... Not Performance Balancing.... 

Yeah... That's of Zero interest to me....

31 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

but in a tense moment, it adds a little pressure to the gameplay. That's not a bad thing.

I never said it was.... But the only thing I want from gameplay is fun and Satisfaction.... And a Lil bit of Decision making.... Pressure need not apply.... 

Archived