Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Content Vs Nerf.

(PSN)thorfinn01

1 hour ago, (PSN)thorfinn01 said:

Okay so example: Ruining Holokeys in the void. Used to be 6 - 8 hits = 1 dead enemy. Less as the multiplier increased. Now I'm looking at 20 - 30 hits for a kill, reducing to 15 - 20 as the multiplier increases. I agree that in the Origin system, there is little difference but when you hit lvl 60+ using  crit build the difference is VAST.

What? O.o

How on ea... uhm, seriously what?

Not even in steel path does anything survive for 6-8 hits, neither pre- or post- patch, and nothing stand straight for 20-30 hits. 

The issue isn't that they nerfed "melee", the issue is that they nerfed every single melee weapon that can utilize the mods regardless of their performance, while buffing every single ranged weapon regardless of their performance; while not even addressing single target vs aoe. They also didn't even address the totally "melee" ranged damage that gets to ignore the weaknesses surrounding melee.

Despite that, the patch satisfied complainers even though the game is just as imbalanced now as it was before. Mission accomplished.

6 hours ago, Corvid said:

Implying that melee was removed?

It's still dominant, just slightly less so than before.

Is it tho? Because my Phantasma is now outperforming every melee weapon I own.

4 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

Dude...they literally nerfed ONE melee mod. 

The other have a slight change that doesn't effect them AT ALL. 

They're still the weapons that deal the most damage in the whole game.

They nerfed 3 mods.

Berserker got gimped hard

Blood rush got nerfed because like 5 weapons could hit red crits with just that.

And CO….well CO was already nerfed into the ground the first time.

3 hours ago, (PSN)thorfinn01 said:

I disagree. The main melee build I have used to rain red crits throughout the steel path. It was less effective in origin path (because of it being based on the multiplier)  but would still eat the enemies whole. Now, even on 12x, red crits are maybe one in 20. That's not slightly.

5 hours ago, Corvid said:

It's still dominant

On 2021-07-24 at 2:51 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Berserker got gimped hard

it really didin't, they changed how it works but it still works like a charm. 

Blood rush got nerfed because like 5 weapons could hit red crits with just that.

Every weapon* 

And CO….well CO was already nerfed into the ground the first time.

That's literally the only nerf they've made but...okay.

3 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

it really didin't, they changed how it works but it still works like a charm. 

Every weapon* 

That's literally the only nerf they've made but...okay.

They’ve made maintaining berserker a pain and rendered it useless against single targets. In an update where there’s a new, super tough single target to fight. And they’ve made things like trying to maintain the buff between things like interception and defense waves impossible.

5 weapons. Someone did the research and found that it was only a small handful of very high crit weapons that managed to hit red crits with just blood rush.

Archived